Explore Palm from Windows ?

July 14, 2004 4:18:28 PM

Hi !

I am new to the Palm. I have just bought an old Sony Clie SJ30

I would like to be able to browse the contents of the Palm RAM drive and the
Memory Stick from my Windows XP desktop (like I could do on my vintage Psion
5).

Can this be done ? Can anyone suggest some software I might use ?

Thanks

Chinx

More about : explore palm windows

Anonymous
July 14, 2004 9:08:46 PM

Check at freewarepalm.com

--
John Bartley K7AAY http://celdata.cjb.net
This post quad-ROT-13 encrypted; reading it violates the DMCA.

Card Export from www.softick.com does a good job with memory on a
normal Palm, not sure about Sony. Just mounts as a drive.

wrote:

>Hi !
>
>I am new to the Palm. I have just bought an old Sony Clie SJ30
>
>I would like to be able to browse the contents of the Palm RAM drive and the
>Memory Stick from my Windows XP desktop (like I could do on my vintage Psion
>5).
>
>Can this be done ? Can anyone suggest some software I might use ?
>
>Thanks
>
>Chinx

July 15, 2004 11:37:25 AM

"A User" <serge-news21927@mailblocks.com> wrote in message
> Card Export from www.softick.com does a good job with
> memory on a normal Palm, not sure about Sony. Just mounts
> as a drive.

The Card Export program does NOT support Sony Clies--checked this out last night at Softick's web
site. Good idea however.

Best regards,

Todd
Anonymous
July 15, 2004 11:31:40 PM

"----" <nospam@please_ask.co.uk> wrote in

> Hi !
>
> I am new to the Palm. I have just bought an old Sony Clie SJ30
>
> I would like to be able to browse the contents of the Palm RAM drive and
> the Memory Stick from my Windows XP desktop (like I could do on my
> vintage Psion 5).
>
> Can this be done ? Can anyone suggest some software I might use ?

Try PFB. It works for Palms, and is freeware, but I don't know about Sonys.

--
Regards,

Stan
Anonymous
July 17, 2004 3:46:09 AM

That's odd it works on my Sony Clie?

"Todd Shillam" <tshillam_notebook@comcast.net> wrote in message
> "A User" <serge-news21927@mailblocks.com> wrote in message
>> Card Export from www.softick.com does a good job with
>> memory on a normal Palm, not sure about Sony. Just mounts
>> as a drive.
>
> The Card Export program does NOT support Sony Clies--checked this out last
> night at Softick's web
> site. Good idea however.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Todd