Has anyone used the Gigabyte x48-DQ6 mobo?

riftcloud

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2008
I'm gathering all my research and parts to do my new build. I already have my Q9450 yorkfield just waiting for a good solid mobo to put it on.
I'm reading alot of bad opinions of the EVGA 780i mobo's and do not want the hassle that much of these guys are having. So now after reading some articles on the gig x48-dq6, im leaning towards this one. Does anyone have this board? Would you like to share your OC'ing results?

This will be my first overclock but I have a friend who is very experienced with it who is going to help me. I'm heavy into games, and want to get the most out of the eye-candy. I'm also planning on the EVGA 9800Gx2 GPU. and OCZ 4Gb titanium DDR2 1066 sticks. Thank you in advance for your advice.

sciggy

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2008
I have the DQ6 and the same cpu as you. I haven't done any OC'ing yet so I cant comment on that but the board was easy to work with and has been rock stable so far. I'm still letting my system settle in for another week or so before tweaking things but I can keep you up to date once things are going.

riftcloud

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2008
ok sciggy thank you very much. I've read alot of reviews today and not enough cons to keep me away from this mobo. I think its a sure bet for what Im looking for.