NVIDIA and AMD Vs. Intel: A New Graphics War Emerges

qmalik

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2007
now only if Intel could buy Nvidia...now that would be amazing...Intel/Nvida Vs. the AMD/ATI...than again maybe its not good for the market...

V8VENOM

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Intel can buy nVidia - so not sure what you're getting at? Intel don't want nVidia, Intel have more than enough GPU expertise these days and they have fab facilities far superior to nVidia.

nVidia better go find another sandbox to play in, because they aren't going to last long once Intel ramps up in a few years.

yipsl

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2006

Nvidia's CEO and Intel's CEO don't get along. Huang's in practically a tizzy over Larrabee. As far as it goes, Intel has the cash and has hired the right people, but Intel's suits have always lacked vision where GPU's are concerned. I'll believe they can match Nvidia and ATI when I see it, not before.

As for Nvidia buying AMD/ATI, Nvidia's partners have shot that down. As far as it goes, rumours claimed that AMD wanted to merge with Nvidia originally, not ATI. It didn't happen because Huang wanted to be the CEO of the new company and Rodriquez didn't go for it.

IMHO, Intel wins in the marketplace with IGP's on notebooks and business and budget desktops. Intel does not win in performance in IGP's (both ATI and Nvidia's have beaten Intel in every IGP generation since the introduction of ATI and Nvidia IGP's). I'll believe Larrabee discrete GPU's will compete when I see it.

The interesting competition will arrive with Fusion from AMD and Intel's equivalent in the notebook space. We'll see what Nvidia can work out with Via in that regard.

DarthPiggie

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2008

Did not know that thanks

TRENDING THREADS