TOT: Wireless Mousies

When I got the laptop this past Saturday, I also grabbed a
wireless optical mouse to use with it. It's really cool, and it was
fairly cheap. The only gripe I have with it is that the optical "eye"
doesn't seem to be as accurate as my wired optical mouse that
I use with my desktop.
This one is a Dynex brand. My question to the group is: Which
wireless optical would you buy (or have bought and love)? I'm a
pretty persnickety customer, and I want one that works *really*
well without it costing a fortune.

--
>^,,^< Miracle
40 answers Last reply
More about wireless mousies
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 01:12:02 -0700, >^,,^< wrote:

    > When I got the laptop this past Saturday, I also grabbed a
    > wireless optical mouse to use with it. It's really cool, and it was
    > fairly cheap. The only gripe I have with it is that the optical "eye"
    > doesn't seem to be as accurate as my wired optical mouse that
    > I use with my desktop.
    > This one is a Dynex brand. My question to the group is: Which
    > wireless optical would you buy (or have bought and love)? I'm a
    > pretty persnickety customer, and I want one that works *really*
    > well without it costing a fortune.

    I'd suggest the Logitech MX700... but you've stated "without costing a
    fortune". :(

    --
    "A riot is unt ugly thing, unt it's about time we had one!"
    R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1½

    ">^,,^<" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in message
    > When I got the laptop this past Saturday, I also grabbed a
    > wireless optical mouse to use with it. It's really cool, and it was
    > fairly cheap. The only gripe I have with it is that the optical "eye"
    > doesn't seem to be as accurate as my wired optical mouse that
    > I use with my desktop.
    > This one is a Dynex brand. My question to the group is: Which
    > wireless optical would you buy (or have bought and love)? I'm a
    > pretty persnickety customer, and I want one that works *really*
    > well without it costing a fortune.
    >
    > --
    > >^,,^< Miracle

    In general, don't use wireless meeces (yet). They just arn't fast enough in
    response time, and the mouse is heavy. I have a tiny Elecom optical mouse,
    which you only really hold with you fingers, the advantage is, that if you
    have flexible fingers, there is no need for wrist movement, and you don't
    get palm sweat all over the mouse.

    This tactic I only really started to use recently, and it is well worn where
    I used to hold the knuckles. 4 years old and still going strong!
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    In article <382s95F5imh6eU1@individual.net>, miracle@spamcop.net says...
    > This one is a Dynex brand. My question to the group is: Which
    > wireless optical would you buy (or have bought and love)? I'm a
    > pretty persnickety customer, and I want one that works *really*
    > well without it costing a fortune.

    Worth every penny invested... it works precisely on my jeans or sweaters. :)

    --
    [RS]Faramir_agst --- www.fabriceroux.com
    Tribes and Paint Shop Pro scripts

    On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 19:26:41 +0100, RS Faramir_agst wrote:

    > Worth every penny invested... it works precisely on my jeans or sweaters. :)

    Good job too. It appears you can't afford to buy a mousemat. :)

    --
    "A riot is unt ugly thing, unt it's about time we had one!"
    R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1½
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Mr K wrote:
    > I'd suggest the Logitech MX700... but you've stated "without costing a
    > fortune". :(

    /me sighs

    --
    >^,,^< Miracle
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    [RS]Faramir_agst wrote:
    > In article <382s95F5imh6eU1@individual.net>, miracle@spamcop.net
    > says...
    >> This one is a Dynex brand. My question to the group is: Which
    >> wireless optical would you buy (or have bought and love)? I'm a
    >> pretty persnickety customer, and I want one that works *really*
    >> well without it costing a fortune.
    >
    > Worth every penny invested... it works precisely on my jeans or
    > sweaters. :)

    Okay, so how much did you and Scratch pay for yours? I'm
    curious as to how much (if at all) the price has dropped since y'all
    bought them.

    --
    >^,,^< Miracle
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    ">^,,^<" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in news:3853b4F5gtj8hU1
    @individual.net:

    > Okay, so how much did you and Scratch pay for yours? I'm
    > curious as to how much (if at all) the price has dropped since y'all
    > bought them.

    Zero. Nada. It was my birthday present! :D

    But I see Amazon has it for $60.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    In article <3853b4F5gtj8hU1@individual.net>, miracle@spamcop.net says...
    > Okay, so how much did you and Scratch pay for yours? I'm
    > curious as to how much (if at all) the price has dropped since y'all
    > bought them.

    68¤ when it was released...

    --
    [RS]Faramir_agst --- www.fabriceroux.com
    Tribes and Paint Shop Pro scripts
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    ScratchMonkey wrote:
    > ">^,,^<" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in news:3853b4F5gtj8hU1
    > @individual.net:
    >
    >> Okay, so how much did you and Scratch pay for yours? I'm
    >> curious as to how much (if at all) the price has dropped since y'all
    >> bought them.
    >
    > Zero. Nada. It was my birthday present! :D
    >
    > But I see Amazon has it for $60.

    !!!! Is that all?!?!?!? Gee, the way y'all were talking,
    I was expecting a much higher price range! Well, I think
    I can work that mouse into my budget pretty soon. As a
    matter of fact, I'll check on it locally this coming weekend.
    :)

    --
    {{{{{HUGZ!}}}}}
    >^,,^< Miracle
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    [RS]Faramir_agst wrote:
    > In article <3853b4F5gtj8hU1@individual.net>, miracle@spamcop.net
    > says...
    >> Okay, so how much did you and Scratch pay for yours? I'm
    >> curious as to how much (if at all) the price has dropped since y'all
    >> bought them.
    >
    > 68¤ when it was released...

    Hmmm, off to hunt a converter...........but that seems
    to be a tad higher than the current Amazon price. ;)

    --
    {{{{{HUGZ!}}}}}
    >^,,^< Miracle
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    ">^,,^<" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in message
    > When I got the laptop this past Saturday, I also grabbed a
    > wireless optical mouse to use with it. It's really cool, and it was
    > fairly cheap. The only gripe I have with it is that the optical "eye"
    > doesn't seem to be as accurate as my wired optical mouse that
    > I use with my desktop.
    > This one is a Dynex brand. My question to the group is: Which
    > wireless optical would you buy (or have bought and love)? I'm a
    > pretty persnickety customer, and I want one that works *really*
    > well without it costing a fortune.
    >
    > --
    >>^,,^< Miracle

    I use the microsoft optical mouse , I have had it sooo long it needs glasses

    U ok Miracle ?

    Cub X
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Cubzilla wrote:
    > I use the microsoft optical mouse , I have had it sooo long it needs
    > glasses
    >
    > U ok Miracle ?
    >
    > Cub X

    Hiya Cubster! It's so cool to see all my buds again. :)

    Well, like I said, I ain't dead yet, so I suppose I'm
    doing okay. LOL Seriously, I'm having some health
    troubles, with good days and bad days, but sooner or
    later I'll get them all fixed and be back up to snuff.
    What I *really* need is some new parts for my back.
    Getting older is a real bitch kitty!

    --
    {{{{{HUGZ!}}}}}
    >^,,^< Miracle
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 20:49:53 -0700, >^,,^< wrote:

    > Hmmm, off to hunt a converter

    Currency convertor?

    http://finance.yahoo.com/currency?u

    That should do thr trick.

    --
    "There's violence to be done."
    R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1½

    Mr K wrote:
    > On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 20:49:53 -0700, >^,,^< wrote:
    >
    >> Hmmm, off to hunt a converter
    >
    > Currency convertor?
    >
    > http://finance.yahoo.com/currency?u
    >
    > That should do thr trick.

    Yes, it certainly did! That 68 Euros Fabrice quoted
    equals 90 dollars. So, going by Amazon's current price,
    the MX1000 has dropped a full third of it's price so far.

    Say there Mr K, I don't have any of my links (favorites)
    on this laptop, so I was wondering if you'd be kind enough
    to share some of your photographs (picture sites) with me.
    To be true, I *could* get off my arse and go to my desktop,
    click the links, write down the URLs, and then type them
    into the address bar, but I "can't be arsed" to do it right now,
    and 5 minutes from now I'll forget to do it again. :)

    --
    {{{{{HUGZ!}}}}}
    >^,,^< Miracle
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    "=LoR= Sumo_Sniper" <sumo_sniper@tpg.com.au> wrote in message

    > ">^,,^<" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in message
    >> When I got the laptop this past Saturday, I also grabbed a
    >> wireless optical mouse to use with it. It's really cool, and it was
    >> fairly cheap. The only gripe I have with it is that the optical "eye"
    >> doesn't seem to be as accurate as my wired optical mouse that
    >> I use with my desktop.
    >> This one is a Dynex brand. My question to the group is: Which
    >> wireless optical would you buy (or have bought and love)? I'm a
    >> pretty persnickety customer, and I want one that works *really*
    >> well without it costing a fortune.
    >>
    >> --
    >> >^,,^< Miracle
    >>

    > In general, don't use wireless meeces (yet). They just arn't fast enough
    > in
    > response time, and the mouse is heavy. I have a tiny Elecom optical mouse,
    > which you only really hold with you fingers, the advantage is, that if you
    > have flexible fingers, there is no need for wrist movement, and you don't
    > get palm sweat all over the mouse.
    >
    > This tactic I only really started to use recently, and it is well worn
    > where
    > I used to hold the knuckles. 4 years old and still going strong!

    Rubbish. I've been using a Logitech wireless optical for years and it p0wns
    wired ones. Smoother and more responsive.
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 21:03:54 -0700, ">^,,^<" <miracle@spamcop.net>
    wrote:

    >Cubzilla wrote:
    >> I use the microsoft optical mouse , I have had it sooo long it needs
    >> glasses
    >>
    >> U ok Miracle ?
    >>
    >> Cub X
    >

    > Hiya Cubster! It's so cool to see all my buds again. :)

    Speaking of all your buds, where's Debig?

    --
    --==< S m e g h e a d >==--
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Smeghead wrote:
    > On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 21:03:54 -0700, ">^,,^<" <miracle@spamcop.net>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Cubzilla wrote:
    >>> I use the microsoft optical mouse , I have had it sooo long it needs
    >>> glasses
    >>>
    >>> U ok Miracle ?
    >>>
    >>> Cub X
    >>

    >> Hiya Cubster! It's so cool to see all my buds again. :)
    >
    > Speaking of all your buds, where's Debig?

    And Spanner? And Troy? And Bryan (Clay Pidgeon)?

    Someone call a meeting!! ;)

    --
    >^,,^< Miracle
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    In article <DQMTd.3110530$B07.491838@news.easynews.com>, no@1way.com says...
    > Rubbish. I've been using a Logitech wireless optical for years and it p0wns
    > wired ones. Smoother and more responsive.

    If it's really the case you should not use your dead cat scalp as mouse mat.

    The 2 only decent wireless optical mouse are the MX700 and MX1000. The first
    one is almost 2 years old, the last one is only 6 month old.

    Previous wireless optical were ok for desktop use... but not good for FPS
    gaming or picture retouching.

    I barely use the charger on my MX1000 and sometimes I have to reload the
    batteries. In those cases I whip out the old wireless technology... it's a
    real no go for image retouching and FPS gaming.

    --
    [RS]Faramir_agst --- www.fabriceroux.com
    Tribes and Paint Shop Pro scripts
  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    In article <38acgiF5l1ionU1@individual.net>, miracle@spamcop.net says...
    > Yes, it certainly did! That 68 Euros Fabrice quoted
    > equals 90 dollars. So, going by Amazon's current price,
    > the MX1000 has dropped a full third of it's price so far.

    The current retail price is 59¤... 68¤ was a "new hype product" price tag.

    --
    [RS]Faramir_agst --- www.fabriceroux.com
    Tribes and Paint Shop Pro scripts
  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    >^,,^< wrote:
    >>Currency convertor?
    >>
    >>http://finance.yahoo.com/currency?u
    >>
    >>That should do thr trick.

    I prefer http://www.xe.com/

    Because it's less typing.

    > Say there Mr K, I don't have any of my links (favorites)
    > on this laptop, so I was wondering if you'd be kind enough
    > to share some of your photographs (picture sites) with me.
    > To be true, I *could* get off my arse and go to my desktop,
    > click the links, write down the URLs, and then type them
    > into the address bar, but I "can't be arsed" to do it right now,
    > and 5 minutes from now I'll forget to do it again. :)

    You could, of course, go to your Desktop, hit File->Export, export the
    bookmarks file to a convenient location for storage, put it on a
    diskette or a CD-RW (CD-R would be a bit of a waste, IMHO), then hit
    File->Import on your laptop and get the bookmarks in that way.

    You could also find the bookmark.html file, but that would require
    something resembling effort, which I find is a thing to be avoided like
    the plague on a Frenchman.

    Present company excluded, natch.
    --
    Frank
  21. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 21:32:01 -0700, >^,,^< wrote:

    > Say there Mr K, I don't have any of my links (favorites)
    > on this laptop, so I was wondering if you'd be kind enough
    > to share some of your photographs (picture sites) with me.
    > To be true, I *could* get off my arse and go to my desktop,
    > click the links, write down the URLs, and then type them
    > into the address bar, but I "can't be arsed" to do it right now,
    > and 5 minutes from now I'll forget to do it again. :)

    http://boltondave.fotopic.net/
    That's being added to again, slowly.

    --
    "There's violence to be done."
    R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1½

    On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 10:27:39 +0100, Frank van Schie
    <frankNOSPAM@email.it> wrote:

    > >^,,^< wrote:
    >>>Currency convertor?
    >>>
    >>>http://finance.yahoo.com/currency?u
    >>>
    >>>That should do thr trick.
    >
    >I prefer http://www.xe.com/
    >
    >Because it's less typing.

    That's the one I use. Or I consult "WorldMate" on my PocketPC.

    >> Say there Mr K, I don't have any of my links (favorites)
    >> on this laptop, so I was wondering if you'd be kind enough
    >> to share some of your photographs (picture sites) with me.
    >> To be true, I *could* get off my arse and go to my desktop,
    >> click the links, write down the URLs, and then type them
    >> into the address bar, but I "can't be arsed" to do it right now,
    >> and 5 minutes from now I'll forget to do it again. :)
    >
    >You could, of course, go to your Desktop, hit File->Export, export the
    >bookmarks file to a convenient location for storage, put it on a
    >diskette or a CD-RW (CD-R would be a bit of a waste, IMHO), then hit
    >File->Import on your laptop and get the bookmarks in that way.
    >
    >You could also find the bookmark.html file, but that would require
    >something resembling effort, which I find is a thing to be avoided like
    >the plague on a Frenchman.

    Spoken like a true Tech Support guy! Bravo!

    >Present company excluded, natch.

    Natch.

    --
    --==< S m e g h e a d >==--
  23. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Frank van Schie wrote:
    > You could, of course, go to your Desktop, hit File->Export, export the
    > bookmarks file to a convenient location for storage, put it on a
    > diskette or a CD-RW (CD-R would be a bit of a waste, IMHO), then hit
    > File->Import on your laptop and get the bookmarks in that way.
    <snip>

    Well paint me purple and call me a grape! *Why* don't I think
    of these things?!?!? I've been away from my computer for far too
    long, methinks. The "geek" part of my brain has shrunk from lack
    of use.........

    Thanks, Frank. I'll also use this method to transfer my email
    addies and save myself a ton of stress. :o}

    --
    {{{{{HUGZ!}}}}}
    >^,,^< Miracle
  24. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Mr K wrote:
    > http://boltondave.fotopic.net/
    > That's being added to again, slowly.

    Ahhhhhhhhhh.................I *still* want a print of
    http://boltondave.fotopic.net/p4658459.html .

    Thanks muchly!

    --
    {{{{{HUGZ!}}}}}
    >^,,^< Miracle
  25. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    One day, while skipping through the forest, I heard the voice of ">^,,^<"
    <miracle@spamcop.net> coming from a tree, and thought, "Man, this is f*ed
    up," but carried on the following conversation anyway:

    > Smeghead wrote:
    >> On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 21:03:54 -0700, ">^,,^<" <miracle@spamcop.net>
    >> wrote:

    >>> Hiya Cubster! It's so cool to see all my buds again. :)
    >>
    >> Speaking of all your buds, where's Debig?
    >

    > And Spanner? And Troy? And Bryan (Clay Pidgeon)?
    >
    > Someone call a meeting!! ;)

    moo.

    --
    Adept
  26. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On 27 Feb 2005 00:22:13 GMT, DEbig3 <debig3@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >One day, while skipping through the forest, I heard the voice of ">^,,^<"
    ><miracle@spamcop.net> coming from a tree, and thought, "Man, this is f*ed
    >up," but carried on the following conversation anyway:
    >
    >> Smeghead wrote:

    >>> Speaking of all your buds, where's Debig?
    >>

    >> And Spanner? And Troy? And Bryan (Clay Pidgeon)?
    >>
    >> Someone call a meeting!! ;)
    >>

    >moo.

    The chair recognizes the mootion. Can we get someone to second it?

    --
    --==< S m e g h e a d >==--
  27. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    DEbig3 wrote:
    > moo.

    Meow!

    ;)

    --
    {{{{{HUGZ!}}}}}
    >^,,^< Miracle
  28. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 22:29:27 -0700, ">^,,^<" <miracle@spamcop.net>
    wrote:

    >DEbig3 wrote:
    >> moo.
    >

    > Meow!
    >
    > ;)

    Well then, the motion is passed. Meeting adjourned.

    --
    --==< S m e g h e a d >==--
  29. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 18:53:10 -0600, Smeghead wrote:

    > The chair recognizes the mootion. Can we get someone to second it?

    Wüf wüf.

    --
    "There's violence to be done."
    R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1½

    "[RS]Faramir_agst" <envoyezdesspams@free.fr> wrote in message
    > In article <DQMTd.3110530$B07.491838@news.easynews.com>, no@1way.com
    > says...
    >> Rubbish. I've been using a Logitech wireless optical for years and it
    >> p0wns
    >> wired ones. Smoother and more responsive.
    >
    > If it's really the case you should not use your dead cat scalp as mouse
    > mat.
    >
    > The 2 only decent wireless optical mouse are the MX700 and MX1000. The
    > first
    > one is almost 2 years old, the last one is only 6 month old.
    >
    > Previous wireless optical were ok for desktop use... but not good for FPS
    > gaming or picture retouching.
    >
    > I barely use the charger on my MX1000 and sometimes I have to reload the
    > batteries. In those cases I whip out the old wireless technology... it's a
    > real no go for image retouching and FPS gaming.
    >
    > --
    > [RS]Faramir_agst --- www.fabriceroux.com
    > Tribes and Paint Shop Pro scripts

    I don't know which logitech model I use, but I think I have had it for at
    least 3 years now. Funnily enough, I just had to change the batteries on
    the wireless keyboard for the first time yesterday and I got that at the
    same time. How good is that?
  31. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    "Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in

    > What's the dpi for the MX1000? I was looking for a higher resolution
    > mouse than my plain jane Logitech M-BJ58 which is only 400dpi.

    Logitech claims the laser is "20x the sensitivity" of LED systems.

    The only problem I have is the stupid rocker button around the mouse wheel,
    which I tend to accidently bounce, causing an unintentional scroll down
    event. At least they relocated the desktop button from behind the wheel of
    the MX700 to between the thumb buttons of the MX1000. More times than I can
    recall I accidentally hit that and popped right out of a battle.
  32. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 12:17:47 -0600, ScratchMonkey
    <ScratchMonkey.blacklist@sewingwitch.com> wrote:

    >"Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in
    >
    >> What's the dpi for the MX1000? I was looking for a higher resolution
    >> mouse than my plain jane Logitech M-BJ58 which is only 400dpi.
    >
    >Logitech claims the laser is "20x the sensitivity" of LED systems.
    >
    >The only problem I have is the stupid rocker button around the mouse wheel,
    >which I tend to accidently bounce, causing an unintentional scroll down
    >event. At least they relocated the desktop button from behind the wheel of
    >the MX700 to between the thumb buttons of the MX1000. More times than I can
    >recall I accidentally hit that and popped right out of a battle.

    That'd really tick me off. I've hit the flippin' "Windows" key more
    times than I care to admit it game, dumping me to the desktop. By the
    time you get back to the game you're a spectre floating over the
    location of your freshly killed corpse.

    --
    --==< S m e g h e a d >==--
  33. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 22:46:32 -0700, ">^,,^<" <miracle@spamcop.net>
    wrote:

    >Frank van Schie wrote:
    >> You could, of course, go to your Desktop, hit File->Export, export the
    >> bookmarks file to a convenient location for storage, put it on a
    >> diskette or a CD-RW (CD-R would be a bit of a waste, IMHO), then hit
    >> File->Import on your laptop and get the bookmarks in that way.
    > <snip>
    >

    > Well paint me purple and call me a grape! *Why* don't I think
    >of these things?!?!? I've been away from my computer for far too
    >long, methinks. The "geek" part of my brain has shrunk from lack
    >of use.........

    Geek atrophy. A sad and debilitating condition.

    --
    --==< S m e g h e a d >==--
  34. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    In article <s972215nmhl7v67t8f4pic8lcgknvc2a92@4ax.com>,
    tribesfan@hotmail.com says...
    > What's the dpi for the MX1000? I was looking for a higher resolution
    > mouse than my plain jane Logitech M-BJ58 which is only 400dpi.

    The MX1000 is the best mouse ever... the only thing better is my pen tablet.
    (FYI: Wacom Intuos 3)

    The DPI on a mouse is pure BS, as MHz on CPU and megapixels on digicams. The
    best DPI on a RF mouse that updates 60Hz is not enough to be precise. (the MX
    works at 125Hz)

    --
    [RS]Faramir_agst --- www.fabriceroux.com
    Tribes and Paint Shop Pro scripts
  35. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 22:31:03 +0100, RS Faramir_agst wrote:

    > The DPI on a mouse is pure BS, as MHz on CPU and megapixels on digicams.

    .... uh huh.

    > The best DPI on a RF mouse that updates 60Hz is not enough to be
    > precise. (the MX works at 125Hz)

    So the DPI on a mouse isn't "BS".

    --
    "There's violence to be done."
    R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1(and a half)

    On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 22:31:03 +0100, [RS]Faramir_agst
    <envoyezdesspams@free.fr> wrote:

    >In article <s972215nmhl7v67t8f4pic8lcgknvc2a92@4ax.com>,
    >tribesfan@hotmail.com says...
    >> What's the dpi for the MX1000? I was looking for a higher resolution
    >> mouse than my plain jane Logitech M-BJ58 which is only 400dpi.
    >
    >The MX1000 is the best mouse ever... the only thing better is my pen tablet.
    >(FYI: Wacom Intuos 3)
    >
    >The DPI on a mouse is pure BS, as MHz on CPU and megapixels on digicams. The
    >best DPI on a RF mouse that updates 60Hz is not enough to be precise. (the MX
    >works at 125Hz)

    I'll have to go to a shop and check out the feel of it in my hand. I'd
    really like to have a mouse that gives me a bit more control in
    Photoshop and Tribes.

    --
    --==< S m e g h e a d >==--
  37. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    ScratchMonkey wrote:
    > Logitech claims the laser is "20x the sensitivity" of LED systems.
    >
    > The only problem I have is the stupid rocker button around the mouse wheel,
    > which I tend to accidently bounce, causing an unintentional scroll down
    > event. At least they relocated the desktop button from behind the wheel of
    > the MX700 to between the thumb buttons of the MX1000. More times than I can
    > recall I accidentally hit that and popped right out of a battle.

    I only hit that button accidentally when grabbing the mouse initially,
    which for all intents and purposes doesn't happen except before I start
    the game :-)

    The scrollbuttons are very useful. Scrolling large amounts of text with
    the wheel is annoying, the buttons make it easy.
    --
    Frank
  38. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    In article <422242e3$0$12809$cc9e4d1f@news.dial.pipex.com>,
    duffstuff@hotmail.com says...
    > > The best DPI on a RF mouse that updates 60Hz is not enough to be
    > > precise. (the MX works at 125Hz)
    >
    > So the DPI on a mouse isn't "BS".

    I'd say "isn't PURE BS"... :) DPI is one element of the precision chain.
    Usually not the weakest one...

    --
    [RS]Faramir_agst --- www.fabriceroux.com
    Tribes and Paint Shop Pro scripts
  39. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 18:07:00 +0100, [RS]Faramir_agst
    <envoyezdesspams@free.fr> wrote:

    >In article <422242e3$0$12809$cc9e4d1f@news.dial.pipex.com>,
    >duffstuff@hotmail.com says...
    >> > The best DPI on a RF mouse that updates 60Hz is not enough to be
    >> > precise. (the MX works at 125Hz)
    >>
    >> So the DPI on a mouse isn't "BS".
    >
    >I'd say "isn't PURE BS"... :) DPI is one element of the precision chain.
    >Usually not the weakest one...

    Pure BS or not, I've had my interest in the Logitech MX1000 piqued
    now. I'm going to have to go into a shop and grip one first hand now.

    Looks like all my fears about wireless interference and latency has
    been squelched between my discussions with one of the admin's at work
    and the talk here.

    If it's comfortable, I'mma git one!

    --
    --==< S m e g h e a d >==--
  40. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Smeghead wrote:
    > On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 22:46:32 -0700, ">^,,^<" <miracle@spamcop.net>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Frank van Schie wrote:
    >>> You could, of course, go to your Desktop, hit File->Export, export
    >>> the bookmarks file to a convenient location for storage, put it on a
    >>> diskette or a CD-RW (CD-R would be a bit of a waste, IMHO), then hit
    >>> File->Import on your laptop and get the bookmarks in that way.
    >> <snip>
    >>

    >> Well paint me purple and call me a grape! *Why* don't I think
    >> of these things?!?!? I've been away from my computer for far too
    >> long, methinks. The "geek" part of my brain has shrunk from lack
    >> of use.........
    >
    > Geek atrophy. A sad and debilitating condition.

    No kidding- see my previous post of the evening....................

    /me sighs.

    --
    >^,,^< Miracle

Wireless Wireless Optical Mouse Video Games