TOT: Wireless Mousies

Last response: in Video Games
Share
February 23, 2005 4:12:02 AM

When I got the laptop this past Saturday, I also grabbed a
wireless optical mouse to use with it. It's really cool, and it was
fairly cheap. The only gripe I have with it is that the optical "eye"
doesn't seem to be as accurate as my wired optical mouse that
I use with my desktop.
This one is a Dynex brand. My question to the group is: Which
wireless optical would you buy (or have bought and love)? I'm a
pretty persnickety customer, and I want one that works *really*
well without it costing a fortune.

--
>^,,^< Miracle

More about : tot wireless mousies

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
February 23, 2005 11:28:48 AM

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 01:12:02 -0700, >^,,^< wrote:

> When I got the laptop this past Saturday, I also grabbed a
> wireless optical mouse to use with it. It's really cool, and it was
> fairly cheap. The only gripe I have with it is that the optical "eye"
> doesn't seem to be as accurate as my wired optical mouse that
> I use with my desktop.
> This one is a Dynex brand. My question to the group is: Which
> wireless optical would you buy (or have bought and love)? I'm a
> pretty persnickety customer, and I want one that works *really*
> well without it costing a fortune.

I'd suggest the Logitech MX700... but you've stated "without costing a
fortune". :(

--
"A riot is unt ugly thing, unt it's about time we had one!"
R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1½

">^,,^<" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in message
> When I got the laptop this past Saturday, I also grabbed a
> wireless optical mouse to use with it. It's really cool, and it was
> fairly cheap. The only gripe I have with it is that the optical "eye"
> doesn't seem to be as accurate as my wired optical mouse that
> I use with my desktop.
> This one is a Dynex brand. My question to the group is: Which
> wireless optical would you buy (or have bought and love)? I'm a
> pretty persnickety customer, and I want one that works *really*
> well without it costing a fortune.
>
> --
> >^,,^< Miracle

In general, don't use wireless meeces (yet). They just arn't fast enough in
response time, and the mouse is heavy. I have a tiny Elecom optical mouse,
which you only really hold with you fingers, the advantage is, that if you
have flexible fingers, there is no need for wrist movement, and you don't
get palm sweat all over the mouse.

This tactic I only really started to use recently, and it is well worn where
I used to hold the knuckles. 4 years old and still going strong!
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
February 23, 2005 10:26:41 PM

In article <382s95F5imh6eU1@individual.net>, miracle@spamcop.net says...
> This one is a Dynex brand. My question to the group is: Which
> wireless optical would you buy (or have bought and love)? I'm a
> pretty persnickety customer, and I want one that works *really*
> well without it costing a fortune.

Worth every penny invested... it works precisely on my jeans or sweaters. :)

--
[RS]Faramir_agst --- www.fabriceroux.com
Tribes and Paint Shop Pro scripts

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 19:26:41 +0100, RS Faramir_agst wrote:

> Worth every penny invested... it works precisely on my jeans or sweaters. :)

Good job too. It appears you can't afford to buy a mousemat. :)

--
"A riot is unt ugly thing, unt it's about time we had one!"
R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1½
February 24, 2005 12:19:45 AM

Mr K wrote:
> I'd suggest the Logitech MX700... but you've stated "without costing a
> fortune". :(

/me sighs

--
>^,,^< Miracle
February 24, 2005 12:24:49 AM

[RS]Faramir_agst wrote:
> In article <382s95F5imh6eU1@individual.net>, miracle@spamcop.net
> says...
>> This one is a Dynex brand. My question to the group is: Which
>> wireless optical would you buy (or have bought and love)? I'm a
>> pretty persnickety customer, and I want one that works *really*
>> well without it costing a fortune.
>
> Worth every penny invested... it works precisely on my jeans or
> sweaters. :)

Okay, so how much did you and Scratch pay for yours? I'm
curious as to how much (if at all) the price has dropped since y'all
bought them.

--
>^,,^< Miracle
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
February 24, 2005 9:07:43 AM

">^,,^<" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in news:3853b4F5gtj8hU1
@individual.net:

> Okay, so how much did you and Scratch pay for yours? I'm
> curious as to how much (if at all) the price has dropped since y'all
> bought them.

Zero. Nada. It was my birthday present! :D

But I see Amazon has it for $60.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
February 24, 2005 9:35:53 PM

In article <3853b4F5gtj8hU1@individual.net>, miracle@spamcop.net says...
> Okay, so how much did you and Scratch pay for yours? I'm
> curious as to how much (if at all) the price has dropped since y'all
> bought them.

68¤ when it was released...

--
[RS]Faramir_agst --- www.fabriceroux.com
Tribes and Paint Shop Pro scripts
February 24, 2005 11:47:41 PM

ScratchMonkey wrote:
> ">^,,^<" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in news:3853b4F5gtj8hU1
> @individual.net:
>
>> Okay, so how much did you and Scratch pay for yours? I'm
>> curious as to how much (if at all) the price has dropped since y'all
>> bought them.
>
> Zero. Nada. It was my birthday present! :D
>
> But I see Amazon has it for $60.

!!!! Is that all?!?!?!? Gee, the way y'all were talking,
I was expecting a much higher price range! Well, I think
I can work that mouse into my budget pretty soon. As a
matter of fact, I'll check on it locally this coming weekend.
:)

--
{{{{{HUGZ!}}}}}
>^,,^< Miracle
February 24, 2005 11:49:53 PM

[RS]Faramir_agst wrote:
> In article <3853b4F5gtj8hU1@individual.net>, miracle@spamcop.net
> says...
>> Okay, so how much did you and Scratch pay for yours? I'm
>> curious as to how much (if at all) the price has dropped since y'all
>> bought them.
>
> 68¤ when it was released...

Hmmm, off to hunt a converter...........but that seems
to be a tad higher than the current Amazon price. ;)

--
{{{{{HUGZ!}}}}}
>^,,^< Miracle
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
February 25, 2005 1:23:40 AM

">^,,^<" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in message
> When I got the laptop this past Saturday, I also grabbed a
> wireless optical mouse to use with it. It's really cool, and it was
> fairly cheap. The only gripe I have with it is that the optical "eye"
> doesn't seem to be as accurate as my wired optical mouse that
> I use with my desktop.
> This one is a Dynex brand. My question to the group is: Which
> wireless optical would you buy (or have bought and love)? I'm a
> pretty persnickety customer, and I want one that works *really*
> well without it costing a fortune.
>
> --
>>^,,^< Miracle

I use the microsoft optical mouse , I have had it sooo long it needs glasses

U ok Miracle ?

Cub X
February 25, 2005 1:23:41 AM

Cubzilla wrote:
> I use the microsoft optical mouse , I have had it sooo long it needs
> glasses
>
> U ok Miracle ?
>
> Cub X

Hiya Cubster! It's so cool to see all my buds again. :)

Well, like I said, I ain't dead yet, so I suppose I'm
doing okay. LOL Seriously, I'm having some health
troubles, with good days and bad days, but sooner or
later I'll get them all fixed and be back up to snuff.
What I *really* need is some new parts for my back.
Getting older is a real bitch kitty!

--
{{{{{HUGZ!}}}}}
>^,,^< Miracle
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
February 25, 2005 4:57:39 PM

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 20:49:53 -0700, >^,,^< wrote:

> Hmmm, off to hunt a converter

Currency convertor?

http://finance.yahoo.com/currency?u

That should do thr trick.

--
"There's violence to be done."
R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1½

Mr K wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 20:49:53 -0700, >^,,^< wrote:
>
>> Hmmm, off to hunt a converter
>
> Currency convertor?
>
> http://finance.yahoo.com/currency?u
>
> That should do thr trick.

Yes, it certainly did! That 68 Euros Fabrice quoted
equals 90 dollars. So, going by Amazon's current price,
the MX1000 has dropped a full third of it's price so far.

Say there Mr K, I don't have any of my links (favorites)
on this laptop, so I was wondering if you'd be kind enough
to share some of your photographs (picture sites) with me.
To be true, I *could* get off my arse and go to my desktop,
click the links, write down the URLs, and then type them
into the address bar, but I "can't be arsed" to do it right now,
and 5 minutes from now I'll forget to do it again. :)

--
{{{{{HUGZ!}}}}}
>^,,^< Miracle
February 26, 2005 12:33:23 AM

"=LoR= Sumo_Sniper" <sumo_sniper@tpg.com.au> wrote in message

> ">^,,^<" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in message
>> When I got the laptop this past Saturday, I also grabbed a
>> wireless optical mouse to use with it. It's really cool, and it was
>> fairly cheap. The only gripe I have with it is that the optical "eye"
>> doesn't seem to be as accurate as my wired optical mouse that
>> I use with my desktop.
>> This one is a Dynex brand. My question to the group is: Which
>> wireless optical would you buy (or have bought and love)? I'm a
>> pretty persnickety customer, and I want one that works *really*
>> well without it costing a fortune.
>>
>> --
>> >^,,^< Miracle
>>

> In general, don't use wireless meeces (yet). They just arn't fast enough
> in
> response time, and the mouse is heavy. I have a tiny Elecom optical mouse,
> which you only really hold with you fingers, the advantage is, that if you
> have flexible fingers, there is no need for wrist movement, and you don't
> get palm sweat all over the mouse.
>
> This tactic I only really started to use recently, and it is well worn
> where
> I used to hold the knuckles. 4 years old and still going strong!

Rubbish. I've been using a Logitech wireless optical for years and it p0wns
wired ones. Smoother and more responsive.
February 26, 2005 1:34:45 AM

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 21:03:54 -0700, ">^,,^<" <miracle@spamcop.net>
wrote:

>Cubzilla wrote:
>> I use the microsoft optical mouse , I have had it sooo long it needs
>> glasses
>>
>> U ok Miracle ?
>>
>> Cub X
>

> Hiya Cubster! It's so cool to see all my buds again. :)

Speaking of all your buds, where's Debig?

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--
February 26, 2005 1:34:46 AM

Smeghead wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 21:03:54 -0700, ">^,,^<" <miracle@spamcop.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Cubzilla wrote:
>>> I use the microsoft optical mouse , I have had it sooo long it needs
>>> glasses
>>>
>>> U ok Miracle ?
>>>
>>> Cub X
>>

>> Hiya Cubster! It's so cool to see all my buds again. :)
>
> Speaking of all your buds, where's Debig?

And Spanner? And Troy? And Bryan (Clay Pidgeon)?

Someone call a meeting!! ;)

--
>^,,^< Miracle
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
February 26, 2005 12:51:27 PM

In article <DQMTd.3110530$B07.491838@news.easynews.com>, no@1way.com says...
> Rubbish. I've been using a Logitech wireless optical for years and it p0wns
> wired ones. Smoother and more responsive.

If it's really the case you should not use your dead cat scalp as mouse mat.

The 2 only decent wireless optical mouse are the MX700 and MX1000. The first
one is almost 2 years old, the last one is only 6 month old.

Previous wireless optical were ok for desktop use... but not good for FPS
gaming or picture retouching.

I barely use the charger on my MX1000 and sometimes I have to reload the
batteries. In those cases I whip out the old wireless technology... it's a
real no go for image retouching and FPS gaming.

--
[RS]Faramir_agst --- www.fabriceroux.com
Tribes and Paint Shop Pro scripts
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
February 26, 2005 12:55:48 PM

In article <38acgiF5l1ionU1@individual.net>, miracle@spamcop.net says...
> Yes, it certainly did! That 68 Euros Fabrice quoted
> equals 90 dollars. So, going by Amazon's current price,
> the MX1000 has dropped a full third of it's price so far.

The current retail price is 59¤... 68¤ was a "new hype product" price tag.

--
[RS]Faramir_agst --- www.fabriceroux.com
Tribes and Paint Shop Pro scripts
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
February 26, 2005 1:27:39 PM

>^,,^< wrote:
>>Currency convertor?
>>
>>http://finance.yahoo.com/currency?u
>>
>>That should do thr trick.

I prefer http://www.xe.com/

Because it's less typing.

> Say there Mr K, I don't have any of my links (favorites)
> on this laptop, so I was wondering if you'd be kind enough
> to share some of your photographs (picture sites) with me.
> To be true, I *could* get off my arse and go to my desktop,
> click the links, write down the URLs, and then type them
> into the address bar, but I "can't be arsed" to do it right now,
> and 5 minutes from now I'll forget to do it again. :)

You could, of course, go to your Desktop, hit File->Export, export the
bookmarks file to a convenient location for storage, put it on a
diskette or a CD-RW (CD-R would be a bit of a waste, IMHO), then hit
File->Import on your laptop and get the bookmarks in that way.

You could also find the bookmark.html file, but that would require
something resembling effort, which I find is a thing to be avoided like
the plague on a Frenchman.

Present company excluded, natch.
--
Frank
Anonymous

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 21:32:01 -0700, >^,,^< wrote:

> Say there Mr K, I don't have any of my links (favorites)
> on this laptop, so I was wondering if you'd be kind enough
> to share some of your photographs (picture sites) with me.
> To be true, I *could* get off my arse and go to my desktop,
> click the links, write down the URLs, and then type them
> into the address bar, but I "can't be arsed" to do it right now,
> and 5 minutes from now I'll forget to do it again. :)

http://boltondave.fotopic.net/
That's being added to again, slowly.

--
"There's violence to be done."
R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1½

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 10:27:39 +0100, Frank van Schie
<frankNOSPAM@email.it> wrote:

> >^,,^< wrote:
>>>Currency convertor?
>>>
>>>http://finance.yahoo.com/currency?u
>>>
>>>That should do thr trick.
>
>I prefer http://www.xe.com/
>
>Because it's less typing.

That's the one I use. Or I consult "WorldMate" on my PocketPC.

>> Say there Mr K, I don't have any of my links (favorites)
>> on this laptop, so I was wondering if you'd be kind enough
>> to share some of your photographs (picture sites) with me.
>> To be true, I *could* get off my arse and go to my desktop,
>> click the links, write down the URLs, and then type them
>> into the address bar, but I "can't be arsed" to do it right now,
>> and 5 minutes from now I'll forget to do it again. :)
>
>You could, of course, go to your Desktop, hit File->Export, export the
>bookmarks file to a convenient location for storage, put it on a
>diskette or a CD-RW (CD-R would be a bit of a waste, IMHO), then hit
>File->Import on your laptop and get the bookmarks in that way.
>
>You could also find the bookmark.html file, but that would require
>something resembling effort, which I find is a thing to be avoided like
>the plague on a Frenchman.

Spoken like a true Tech Support guy! Bravo!

>Present company excluded, natch.

Natch.

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--
February 27, 2005 1:46:32 AM

Frank van Schie wrote:
> You could, of course, go to your Desktop, hit File->Export, export the
> bookmarks file to a convenient location for storage, put it on a
> diskette or a CD-RW (CD-R would be a bit of a waste, IMHO), then hit
> File->Import on your laptop and get the bookmarks in that way.
<snip>

Well paint me purple and call me a grape! *Why* don't I think
of these things?!?!? I've been away from my computer for far too
long, methinks. The "geek" part of my brain has shrunk from lack
of use.........

Thanks, Frank. I'll also use this method to transfer my email
addies and save myself a ton of stress. :o }

--
{{{{{HUGZ!}}}}}
>^,,^< Miracle
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
February 27, 2005 3:22:13 AM

One day, while skipping through the forest, I heard the voice of ">^,,^<"
<miracle@spamcop.net> coming from a tree, and thought, "Man, this is f*ed
up," but carried on the following conversation anyway:

> Smeghead wrote:
>> On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 21:03:54 -0700, ">^,,^<" <miracle@spamcop.net>
>> wrote:

>>> Hiya Cubster! It's so cool to see all my buds again. :)
>>
>> Speaking of all your buds, where's Debig?
>

> And Spanner? And Troy? And Bryan (Clay Pidgeon)?
>
> Someone call a meeting!! ;)

moo.

--
Adept
February 27, 2005 3:22:14 AM

On 27 Feb 2005 00:22:13 GMT, DEbig3 <debig3@yahoo.com> wrote:

>One day, while skipping through the forest, I heard the voice of ">^,,^<"
><miracle@spamcop.net> coming from a tree, and thought, "Man, this is f*ed
>up," but carried on the following conversation anyway:
>
>> Smeghead wrote:

>>> Speaking of all your buds, where's Debig?
>>

>> And Spanner? And Troy? And Bryan (Clay Pidgeon)?
>>
>> Someone call a meeting!! ;)
>>

>moo.

The chair recognizes the mootion. Can we get someone to second it?

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--
February 27, 2005 3:22:14 AM

DEbig3 wrote:
> moo.

Meow!

;)

--
{{{{{HUGZ!}}}}}
>^,,^< Miracle
February 27, 2005 3:22:15 AM

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 22:29:27 -0700, ">^,,^<" <miracle@spamcop.net>
wrote:

>DEbig3 wrote:
>> moo.
>

> Meow!
>
> ;)

Well then, the motion is passed. Meeting adjourned.

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--
Anonymous

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 18:53:10 -0600, Smeghead wrote:

> The chair recognizes the mootion. Can we get someone to second it?

Wüf wüf.

--
"There's violence to be done."
R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1½

"[RS]Faramir_agst" <envoyezdesspams@free.fr> wrote in message
> In article <DQMTd.3110530$B07.491838@news.easynews.com>, no@1way.com
> says...
>> Rubbish. I've been using a Logitech wireless optical for years and it
>> p0wns
>> wired ones. Smoother and more responsive.
>
> If it's really the case you should not use your dead cat scalp as mouse
> mat.
>
> The 2 only decent wireless optical mouse are the MX700 and MX1000. The
> first
> one is almost 2 years old, the last one is only 6 month old.
>
> Previous wireless optical were ok for desktop use... but not good for FPS
> gaming or picture retouching.
>
> I barely use the charger on my MX1000 and sometimes I have to reload the
> batteries. In those cases I whip out the old wireless technology... it's a
> real no go for image retouching and FPS gaming.
>
> --
> [RS]Faramir_agst --- www.fabriceroux.com
> Tribes and Paint Shop Pro scripts

I don't know which logitech model I use, but I think I have had it for at
least 3 years now. Funnily enough, I just had to change the batteries on
the wireless keyboard for the first time yesterday and I got that at the
same time. How good is that?
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
February 27, 2005 3:17:47 PM

"Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in

> What's the dpi for the MX1000? I was looking for a higher resolution
> mouse than my plain jane Logitech M-BJ58 which is only 400dpi.

Logitech claims the laser is "20x the sensitivity" of LED systems.

The only problem I have is the stupid rocker button around the mouse wheel,
which I tend to accidently bounce, causing an unintentional scroll down
event. At least they relocated the desktop button from behind the wheel of
the MX700 to between the thumb buttons of the MX1000. More times than I can
recall I accidentally hit that and popped right out of a battle.
February 27, 2005 9:53:43 PM

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 12:17:47 -0600, ScratchMonkey
<ScratchMonkey.blacklist@sewingwitch.com> wrote:

>"Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in
>
>> What's the dpi for the MX1000? I was looking for a higher resolution
>> mouse than my plain jane Logitech M-BJ58 which is only 400dpi.
>
>Logitech claims the laser is "20x the sensitivity" of LED systems.
>
>The only problem I have is the stupid rocker button around the mouse wheel,
>which I tend to accidently bounce, causing an unintentional scroll down
>event. At least they relocated the desktop button from behind the wheel of
>the MX700 to between the thumb buttons of the MX1000. More times than I can
>recall I accidentally hit that and popped right out of a battle.

That'd really tick me off. I've hit the flippin' "Windows" key more
times than I care to admit it game, dumping me to the desktop. By the
time you get back to the game you're a spectre floating over the
location of your freshly killed corpse.

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--
February 27, 2005 9:55:55 PM

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 22:46:32 -0700, ">^,,^<" <miracle@spamcop.net>
wrote:

>Frank van Schie wrote:
>> You could, of course, go to your Desktop, hit File->Export, export the
>> bookmarks file to a convenient location for storage, put it on a
>> diskette or a CD-RW (CD-R would be a bit of a waste, IMHO), then hit
>> File->Import on your laptop and get the bookmarks in that way.
> <snip>
>

> Well paint me purple and call me a grape! *Why* don't I think
>of these things?!?!? I've been away from my computer for far too
>long, methinks. The "geek" part of my brain has shrunk from lack
>of use.........

Geek atrophy. A sad and debilitating condition.

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--
Anonymous

In article <s972215nmhl7v67t8f4pic8lcgknvc2a92@4ax.com>,
tribesfan@hotmail.com says...
> What's the dpi for the MX1000? I was looking for a higher resolution
> mouse than my plain jane Logitech M-BJ58 which is only 400dpi.

The MX1000 is the best mouse ever... the only thing better is my pen tablet.
(FYI: Wacom Intuos 3)

The DPI on a mouse is pure BS, as MHz on CPU and megapixels on digicams. The
best DPI on a RF mouse that updates 60Hz is not enough to be precise. (the MX
works at 125Hz)

--
[RS]Faramir_agst --- www.fabriceroux.com
Tribes and Paint Shop Pro scripts
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
February 28, 2005 1:31:04 AM

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 22:31:03 +0100, RS Faramir_agst wrote:

> The DPI on a mouse is pure BS, as MHz on CPU and megapixels on digicams.

.... uh huh.

> The best DPI on a RF mouse that updates 60Hz is not enough to be
> precise. (the MX works at 125Hz)

So the DPI on a mouse isn't "BS".

--
"There's violence to be done."
R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1(and a half)
February 28, 2005 1:31:04 AM

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 22:31:03 +0100, [RS]Faramir_agst
<envoyezdesspams@free.fr> wrote:

>In article <s972215nmhl7v67t8f4pic8lcgknvc2a92@4ax.com>,
>tribesfan@hotmail.com says...
>> What's the dpi for the MX1000? I was looking for a higher resolution
>> mouse than my plain jane Logitech M-BJ58 which is only 400dpi.
>
>The MX1000 is the best mouse ever... the only thing better is my pen tablet.
>(FYI: Wacom Intuos 3)
>
>The DPI on a mouse is pure BS, as MHz on CPU and megapixels on digicams. The
>best DPI on a RF mouse that updates 60Hz is not enough to be precise. (the MX
>works at 125Hz)

I'll have to go to a shop and check out the feel of it in my hand. I'd
really like to have a mouse that gives me a bit more control in
Photoshop and Tribes.

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--
Anonymous

ScratchMonkey wrote:
> Logitech claims the laser is "20x the sensitivity" of LED systems.
>
> The only problem I have is the stupid rocker button around the mouse wheel,
> which I tend to accidently bounce, causing an unintentional scroll down
> event. At least they relocated the desktop button from behind the wheel of
> the MX700 to between the thumb buttons of the MX1000. More times than I can
> recall I accidentally hit that and popped right out of a battle.

I only hit that button accidentally when grabbing the mouse initially,
which for all intents and purposes doesn't happen except before I start
the game :-)

The scrollbuttons are very useful. Scrolling large amounts of text with
the wheel is annoying, the buttons make it easy.
--
Frank
Anonymous

In article <422242e3$0$12809$cc9e4d1f@news.dial.pipex.com>,
duffstuff@hotmail.com says...
> > The best DPI on a RF mouse that updates 60Hz is not enough to be
> > precise. (the MX works at 125Hz)
>
> So the DPI on a mouse isn't "BS".

I'd say "isn't PURE BS"... :)  DPI is one element of the precision chain.
Usually not the weakest one...

--
[RS]Faramir_agst --- www.fabriceroux.com
Tribes and Paint Shop Pro scripts
February 28, 2005 9:07:01 PM

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 18:07:00 +0100, [RS]Faramir_agst
<envoyezdesspams@free.fr> wrote:

>In article <422242e3$0$12809$cc9e4d1f@news.dial.pipex.com>,
>duffstuff@hotmail.com says...
>> > The best DPI on a RF mouse that updates 60Hz is not enough to be
>> > precise. (the MX works at 125Hz)
>>
>> So the DPI on a mouse isn't "BS".
>
>I'd say "isn't PURE BS"... :)  DPI is one element of the precision chain.
>Usually not the weakest one...

Pure BS or not, I've had my interest in the Logitech MX1000 piqued
now. I'm going to have to go into a shop and grip one first hand now.

Looks like all my fears about wireless interference and latency has
been squelched between my discussions with one of the admin's at work
and the talk here.

If it's comfortable, I'mma git one!

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--
March 1, 2005 3:10:22 AM

Smeghead wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 22:46:32 -0700, ">^,,^<" <miracle@spamcop.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Frank van Schie wrote:
>>> You could, of course, go to your Desktop, hit File->Export, export
>>> the bookmarks file to a convenient location for storage, put it on a
>>> diskette or a CD-RW (CD-R would be a bit of a waste, IMHO), then hit
>>> File->Import on your laptop and get the bookmarks in that way.
>> <snip>
>>

>> Well paint me purple and call me a grape! *Why* don't I think
>> of these things?!?!? I've been away from my computer for far too
>> long, methinks. The "geek" part of my brain has shrunk from lack
>> of use.........
>
> Geek atrophy. A sad and debilitating condition.

No kidding- see my previous post of the evening....................

/me sighs.

--
!