TOT: Wireless Mousies

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

When I got the laptop this past Saturday, I also grabbed a
wireless optical mouse to use with it. It's really cool, and it was
fairly cheap. The only gripe I have with it is that the optical "eye"
doesn't seem to be as accurate as my wired optical mouse that
I use with my desktop.
This one is a Dynex brand. My question to the group is: Which
wireless optical would you buy (or have bought and love)? I'm a
pretty persnickety customer, and I want one that works *really*
well without it costing a fortune.

--

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 01:12:02 -0700, >^,,^< wrote:

> When I got the laptop this past Saturday, I also grabbed a
> wireless optical mouse to use with it. It's really cool, and it was
> fairly cheap. The only gripe I have with it is that the optical "eye"
> doesn't seem to be as accurate as my wired optical mouse that
> I use with my desktop.
> This one is a Dynex brand. My question to the group is: Which
> wireless optical would you buy (or have bought and love)? I'm a
> pretty persnickety customer, and I want one that works *really*
> well without it costing a fortune.

I'd suggest the Logitech MX700... but you've stated "without costing a
fortune". :(

--
"A riot is unt ugly thing, unt it's about time we had one!"
R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1½

">^,,^<" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in message
> When I got the laptop this past Saturday, I also grabbed a
> wireless optical mouse to use with it. It's really cool, and it was
> fairly cheap. The only gripe I have with it is that the optical "eye"
> doesn't seem to be as accurate as my wired optical mouse that
> I use with my desktop.
> This one is a Dynex brand. My question to the group is: Which
> wireless optical would you buy (or have bought and love)? I'm a
> pretty persnickety customer, and I want one that works *really*
> well without it costing a fortune.
>
> --
> >^,,^< Miracle

In general, don't use wireless meeces (yet). They just arn't fast enough in
response time, and the mouse is heavy. I have a tiny Elecom optical mouse,
which you only really hold with you fingers, the advantage is, that if you
have flexible fingers, there is no need for wrist movement, and you don't
get palm sweat all over the mouse.

This tactic I only really started to use recently, and it is well worn where
I used to hold the knuckles. 4 years old and still going strong!

In article <382s95F5imh6eU1@individual.net>, miracle@spamcop.net says...
> This one is a Dynex brand. My question to the group is: Which
> wireless optical would you buy (or have bought and love)? I'm a
> pretty persnickety customer, and I want one that works *really*
> well without it costing a fortune.

Worth every penny invested... it works precisely on my jeans or sweaters. :)

--
[RS]Faramir_agst --- www.fabriceroux.com
Tribes and Paint Shop Pro scripts

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 19:26:41 +0100, RS Faramir_agst wrote:

> Worth every penny invested... it works precisely on my jeans or sweaters. :)

Good job too. It appears you can't afford to buy a mousemat. :)

--

[RS]Faramir_agst wrote:
> In article <382s95F5imh6eU1@individual.net>, miracle@spamcop.net
> says...
>> This one is a Dynex brand. My question to the group is: Which
>> wireless optical would you buy (or have bought and love)? I'm a
>> pretty persnickety customer, and I want one that works *really*
>> well without it costing a fortune.
>
> Worth every penny invested... it works precisely on my jeans or
> sweaters. :)

Okay, so how much did you and Scratch pay for yours? I'm
curious as to how much (if at all) the price has dropped since y'all
bought them.

--

">^,,^<" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in news:3853b4F5gtj8hU1
@individual.net:

> Okay, so how much did you and Scratch pay for yours? I'm
> curious as to how much (if at all) the price has dropped since y'all
> bought them.

Zero. Nada. It was my birthday present! :D

But I see Amazon has it for $60.

In article <3853b4F5gtj8hU1@individual.net>, miracle@spamcop.net says...
> Okay, so how much did you and Scratch pay for yours? I'm
> curious as to how much (if at all) the price has dropped since y'all
> bought them.

68¤ when it was released...

--

ScratchMonkey wrote:
> ">^,,^<" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in news:3853b4F5gtj8hU1
> @individual.net:
>
>> Okay, so how much did you and Scratch pay for yours? I'm
>> curious as to how much (if at all) the price has dropped since y'all
>> bought them.
>
> Zero. Nada. It was my birthday present! :D
>
> But I see Amazon has it for $60.

!!!! Is that all?!?!?!? Gee, the way y'all were talking,
I was expecting a much higher price range! Well, I think
I can work that mouse into my budget pretty soon. As a
matter of fact, I'll check on it locally this coming weekend.
:)

--
{{{{{HUGZ!}}}}}
>^,,^< Miracle

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

[RS]Faramir_agst wrote:
> In article <3853b4F5gtj8hU1@individual.net>, miracle@spamcop.net
> says...
>> Okay, so how much did you and Scratch pay for yours? I'm
>> curious as to how much (if at all) the price has dropped since y'all
>> bought them.
>
> 68¤ when it was released...

Hmmm, off to hunt a converter...........but that seems
to be a tad higher than the current Amazon price. ;)

--
{{{{{HUGZ!}}}}}
>^,,^< Miracle

">^,,^<" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in message
> When I got the laptop this past Saturday, I also grabbed a
> wireless optical mouse to use with it. It's really cool, and it was
> fairly cheap. The only gripe I have with it is that the optical "eye"
> doesn't seem to be as accurate as my wired optical mouse that
> I use with my desktop.
> This one is a Dynex brand. My question to the group is: Which
> wireless optical would you buy (or have bought and love)? I'm a
> pretty persnickety customer, and I want one that works *really*
> well without it costing a fortune.
>
> --
>>^,,^< Miracle

I use the microsoft optical mouse , I have had it sooo long it needs glasses

U ok Miracle ?

Cub X

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

Cubzilla wrote:
> I use the microsoft optical mouse , I have had it sooo long it needs
> glasses
>
> U ok Miracle ?
>
> Cub X

Hiya Cubster! It's so cool to see all my buds again. :)

Well, like I said, I ain't dead yet, so I suppose I'm
doing okay. LOL Seriously, I'm having some health
troubles, with good days and bad days, but sooner or
later I'll get them all fixed and be back up to snuff.
What I *really* need is some new parts for my back.
Getting older is a real bitch kitty!

--
{{{{{HUGZ!}}}}}

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 20:49:53 -0700, >^,,^< wrote:

> Hmmm, off to hunt a converter

Currency convertor?

http://finance.yahoo.com/currency?u

That should do thr trick.

--
"There's violence to be done."

Mr K wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 20:49:53 -0700, >^,,^< wrote:
>
>> Hmmm, off to hunt a converter
>
> Currency convertor?
>
> http://finance.yahoo.com/currency?u
>
> That should do thr trick.

Yes, it certainly did! That 68 Euros Fabrice quoted
equals 90 dollars. So, going by Amazon's current price,
the MX1000 has dropped a full third of it's price so far.

Say there Mr K, I don't have any of my links (favorites)
on this laptop, so I was wondering if you'd be kind enough
to share some of your photographs (picture sites) with me.
To be true, I *could* get off my arse and go to my desktop,
click the links, write down the URLs, and then type them
into the address bar, but I "can't be arsed" to do it right now,
and 5 minutes from now I'll forget to do it again. :)

--
{{{{{HUGZ!}}}}}
>^,,^< Miracle

schrodinger

"=LoR= Sumo_Sniper" <sumo_sniper@tpg.com.au> wrote in message

> ">^,,^<" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in message
>> When I got the laptop this past Saturday, I also grabbed a
>> wireless optical mouse to use with it. It's really cool, and it was
>> fairly cheap. The only gripe I have with it is that the optical "eye"
>> doesn't seem to be as accurate as my wired optical mouse that
>> I use with my desktop.
>> This one is a Dynex brand. My question to the group is: Which
>> wireless optical would you buy (or have bought and love)? I'm a
>> pretty persnickety customer, and I want one that works *really*
>> well without it costing a fortune.
>>
>> --
>> >^,,^< Miracle
>>

> In general, don't use wireless meeces (yet). They just arn't fast enough
> in
> response time, and the mouse is heavy. I have a tiny Elecom optical mouse,
> which you only really hold with you fingers, the advantage is, that if you
> have flexible fingers, there is no need for wrist movement, and you don't
> get palm sweat all over the mouse.
>
> This tactic I only really started to use recently, and it is well worn
> where
> I used to hold the knuckles. 4 years old and still going strong!

Rubbish. I've been using a Logitech wireless optical for years and it p0wns
wired ones. Smoother and more responsive.

smeghead

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2001

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 21:03:54 -0700, ">^,,^<" <miracle@spamcop.net>
wrote:

>Cubzilla wrote:
>> I use the microsoft optical mouse , I have had it sooo long it needs
>> glasses
>>
>> U ok Miracle ?
>>
>> Cub X
>

> Hiya Cubster! It's so cool to see all my buds again. :)

Speaking of all your buds, where's Debig?

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

Smeghead wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 21:03:54 -0700, ">^,,^<" <miracle@spamcop.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Cubzilla wrote:
>>> I use the microsoft optical mouse , I have had it sooo long it needs
>>> glasses
>>>
>>> U ok Miracle ?
>>>
>>> Cub X
>>

>> Hiya Cubster! It's so cool to see all my buds again. :)
>
> Speaking of all your buds, where's Debig?

And Spanner? And Troy? And Bryan (Clay Pidgeon)?

Someone call a meeting!! ;)

--

In article <DQMTd.3110530$B07.491838@news.easynews.com>, no@1way.com says...
> Rubbish. I've been using a Logitech wireless optical for years and it p0wns
> wired ones. Smoother and more responsive.

If it's really the case you should not use your dead cat scalp as mouse mat.

The 2 only decent wireless optical mouse are the MX700 and MX1000. The first
one is almost 2 years old, the last one is only 6 month old.

Previous wireless optical were ok for desktop use... but not good for FPS
gaming or picture retouching.

I barely use the charger on my MX1000 and sometimes I have to reload the
batteries. In those cases I whip out the old wireless technology... it's a
real no go for image retouching and FPS gaming.

--

In article <38acgiF5l1ionU1@individual.net>, miracle@spamcop.net says...
> Yes, it certainly did! That 68 Euros Fabrice quoted
> equals 90 dollars. So, going by Amazon's current price,
> the MX1000 has dropped a full third of it's price so far.

The current retail price is 59¤... 68¤ was a "new hype product" price tag.

--
[RS]Faramir_agst --- www.fabriceroux.com
Tribes and Paint Shop Pro scripts

>^,,^< wrote:
>>Currency convertor?
>>
>>http://finance.yahoo.com/currency?u
>>
>>That should do thr trick.

I prefer http://www.xe.com/

Because it's less typing.

> Say there Mr K, I don't have any of my links (favorites)
> on this laptop, so I was wondering if you'd be kind enough
> to share some of your photographs (picture sites) with me.
> To be true, I *could* get off my arse and go to my desktop,
> click the links, write down the URLs, and then type them
> into the address bar, but I "can't be arsed" to do it right now,
> and 5 minutes from now I'll forget to do it again. :)

You could, of course, go to your Desktop, hit File->Export, export the
bookmarks file to a convenient location for storage, put it on a
diskette or a CD-RW (CD-R would be a bit of a waste, IMHO), then hit
File->Import on your laptop and get the bookmarks in that way.

You could also find the bookmark.html file, but that would require
something resembling effort, which I find is a thing to be avoided like
the plague on a Frenchman.

Present company excluded, natch.
--
Frank

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 21:32:01 -0700, >^,,^< wrote:

> Say there Mr K, I don't have any of my links (favorites)
> on this laptop, so I was wondering if you'd be kind enough
> to share some of your photographs (picture sites) with me.
> To be true, I *could* get off my arse and go to my desktop,
> click the links, write down the URLs, and then type them
> into the address bar, but I "can't be arsed" to do it right now,
> and 5 minutes from now I'll forget to do it again. :)

http://boltondave.fotopic.net/
That's being added to again, slowly.

--
"There's violence to be done."
R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1½

smeghead

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2001

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 10:27:39 +0100, Frank van Schie
<frankNOSPAM@email.it> wrote:

> >^,,^< wrote:
>>>Currency convertor?
>>>
>>>http://finance.yahoo.com/currency?u
>>>
>>>That should do thr trick.
>
>I prefer http://www.xe.com/
>
>Because it's less typing.

That's the one I use. Or I consult "WorldMate" on my PocketPC.

>> Say there Mr K, I don't have any of my links (favorites)
>> on this laptop, so I was wondering if you'd be kind enough
>> to share some of your photographs (picture sites) with me.
>> To be true, I *could* get off my arse and go to my desktop,
>> click the links, write down the URLs, and then type them
>> into the address bar, but I "can't be arsed" to do it right now,
>> and 5 minutes from now I'll forget to do it again. :)
>
>You could, of course, go to your Desktop, hit File->Export, export the
>bookmarks file to a convenient location for storage, put it on a
>diskette or a CD-RW (CD-R would be a bit of a waste, IMHO), then hit
>File->Import on your laptop and get the bookmarks in that way.
>
>You could also find the bookmark.html file, but that would require
>something resembling effort, which I find is a thing to be avoided like
>the plague on a Frenchman.

Spoken like a true Tech Support guy! Bravo!

>Present company excluded, natch.

Natch.

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

Frank van Schie wrote:
> You could, of course, go to your Desktop, hit File->Export, export the
> bookmarks file to a convenient location for storage, put it on a
> diskette or a CD-RW (CD-R would be a bit of a waste, IMHO), then hit
> File->Import on your laptop and get the bookmarks in that way.
<snip>

Well paint me purple and call me a grape! *Why* don't I think
of these things?!?!? I've been away from my computer for far too
long, methinks. The "geek" part of my brain has shrunk from lack
of use.........

Thanks, Frank. I'll also use this method to transfer my email
addies and save myself a ton of stress. :eek:}

--