Sign in with
Your question

DVD RW Drive (D Audio CD

Last response: in Windows Vista
June 15, 2012 8:15:55 AM

My computer has a DVD RW Drive (D:)  Audio CD under Devices with Removable Storage. What does this mean?

More about : dvd drive audio

June 15, 2012 8:38:20 AM

thecouger said:
My computer has a DVD RW Drive (D:)  Audio CD under Devices with Removable Storage. What does this mean?

Removable media device, as opposed to fixed (Hard Drive)
June 15, 2012 4:29:39 PM

What it means to have a DVD RW drive? It's a drive used to play and record on CD and DVD disk, almost exactly like a DVD player you hook up to your TV.
Related resources
June 23, 2012 7:34:50 AM

Thank you everyone for the information. But I have a problem with it then. It allows me to play CD's but I don't get anything when I play a DVD? What could be the problem? Thank you
June 23, 2012 11:50:23 AM

What software are you trying to play it with?
June 25, 2012 2:21:07 PM

Any DVDs? Programs as well as movies? If both, could be a bad pickup for the DVD laser.
July 1, 2012 6:08:52 PM

SR-71 Blackbird said:
What software are you trying to play it with?

Windows media player. I am running the basic Vista OS. Thanks for your time and responses Area51.
July 1, 2012 6:10:56 PM

hang-the-9 said:
Any DVDs? Programs as well as movies? If both, could be a bad pickup for the DVD laser.

If I remember correctly, it has been awhile since I tried it, it will play the movies but I don't get any sound. Will try it again in a few minutes and let you know for sure. Thanks so much for your time in responding.
!