Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Can't play mov on widows

Last response: in Windows Vista
June 15, 2012 2:51:26 PM

Hello,
Hello,
I'm having trouble playing some video files. I have a PC with Windows Vista. I downloaded some zip files (they are movie clips from this site http://thanksantsthants.com/tracey/ At first I couldn't open the zip files so I used a program called zip repair by diskinternals. The program successfully repaired the files and I was able to extract them using winRAR. Now I'm stuck, the file type reads MOV - Quicktime video file (.mov) Everything I've tried has been unsuccessful in playing or converting these files.I've been getting messages like "unsupported format" or "doesn't understand file" I should mention I don't know a lot about computers so I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks for your time,

TGP

More about : play mov widows

Best solution

June 15, 2012 4:25:04 PM

Have you installed Quicktime? Did that also not work? If not, the files may be corrupt. Contact the site you got them from.

The fact that the ZIP files would not open is a clue.
June 22, 2012 9:32:11 AM

hang-the-9 said:
Have you installed Quicktime? Did that also not work? If not, the files may be corrupt. Contact the site you got them from.

The fact that the ZIP files would not open is a clue.

Hello,
Yes I tried all media player options. I figured the files could somehow be reassembled or something. the zipfile repair program was able to extract the files but I'm not able to view them, the format doesn't seem to be recognized. The site I referenced in my original message links to some Japanese blog or something instead of the original site. I suppose it's a dead issue, I was just just hoping some tech guys might be able to help since, as I said, I do not know a lot about computers. But "hang-the-9" you have my gratitude, you're the first and only person to respond to my many inquiries about this issue.

Thanks
m
l
July 2, 2012 8:49:44 AM

Best answer selected by P71.
m
l
!