carden49

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2010
I have an Intel core2 duo platform with an asrock board with intel chips. My video is Nvidia 8400 with 3d accelarator and Nview drivers. In windows xp pro 32bit my desktop icons go to blank after leaving programs such as Links 2003 golf and windows pinball. I have used these programs on slower systems before and have not had this problem. I am using the same operating system now as I have had on the slower systems. These programs work just fine while using them and they are stable during operation. Once I exit them the desktop icons go blank and the screen freezes for about a minute. the mouse is active but if I try to execute any windows
applications it will not function. After about a minute the icons will fill in and the system functions again. Can anyone explain? I have tried to solve this issue through Microsoft but have been unsuccessful so far. Help please! P.S. I am using Kingston ram 667 dual channel 1x2 Gb

Does the same thing happen if you close the programme by going into Task Manager, highlighting the relevant .exe and clicking End Process Tree?

carden49

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2010

Yes. The outcome is the same.