Your question
Closed

Windows7 startup slow....

Tags:
  • Configuration
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
August 28, 2011 12:24:28 PM

My windows7 ultimate 32 bit takes to longer to display desktop with all icons and wallpapers.Now here is the problem details:
When i enter password at logon screen, welcome screen appears for 7-10 seconds but after that a black screen with cursor appears, then appears the taskbar(on the bottom of same black screen), then appears wallpaper, then all desktop icons, then gadgets and then any other programs(background ones).This all process takes about 3-4 minutes(so annoying).I remeber my pc used to boot in less than 1 min.When i looked into event viewer, i found a lots of errors and warnings.Tell me if you need any kind of logs, I will provide them.I also tried disabling all startup items and unnecessary services but no gain.Also tried safemode but still no improvement. And one more thing, please don't advice me too defrage my harddrive, running antivirus scan, check disc bla bla bla.I already tried all of them.I am alos attaching a screen shot of my event viewer.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

More about : windows7 startup slow

August 28, 2011 12:59:57 PM

list your system specs, are you sure you don't have a problem with any add-in hardware? are you clean of virus? do you have a lot of heave applications on background starting up with the PC? are you on an SSD or HDD ?
Score
August 28, 2011 2:04:00 PM

Do you use some huge image with rescaling as a wallpaper? If so your computer will need time to process it at the exact time it's trying to load and process everything essential.
Score
Related resources
August 29, 2011 5:03:04 AM

Here are my specs:

Well i am using 2 HDD(1 IDE for operating system , other SATA for storage).

Tell me if IDE and SATA combination is problem, then how can i transfer my whole Windows7 from a 15gb partition(on IDE drive) to a 25 gb partition(on SATA one) without losing any files.Thanks
Score
August 29, 2011 5:05:06 AM

pepe2907 said:
Do you use some huge image with rescaling as a wallpaper? If so your computer will need time to process it at the exact time it's trying to load and process everything essential.

no my wallpaper is exact the same resolution of my LCD monitor(1600 x 900)
Score

Best solution

August 29, 2011 10:50:16 AM

Fuzail56 said:
Here are my specs:

]http://valid.canardpc.com/cache/banner/1974109.png

Well i am using 2 HDD(1 IDE for operating system , other SATA for storage).

Tell me if IDE and SATA combination is problem, then how can i transfer my whole Windows7 from a 15gb partition(on IDE drive) to a 25 gb partition(on SATA one) without losing any files.Thanks

IDE HDD sucks in access time that might be the problem if you have too much applications in the background running with the start up, you'll have to set up a new win7 on the Sata HDD that transfer idea won't work, back up your data and set up new windows and see how it's going
August 31, 2011 3:35:05 PM

ilysaml said:
IDE HDD sucks in access time that might be the problem if you have too much applications in the background running with the start up, you'll have to set up a new win7 on the Sata HDD that transfer idea won't work, back up your data and set up new windows and see how it's going

Yeah u were right about (IDE sucks).I changed my hard drive and now problems gone.But the only problem left is that some of my games are freezing(not lagging), like black ops and newly released Deus Ex-HR. I dont know what is reason but still trying to fix it.give me suggestion if u can.Because i don't want a awesome game like DEUS EX to freeze.Thanks
Score
August 31, 2011 3:41:29 PM

you're right about Deus Ex HR this game is consuming all my time, what GPU do you have ?
Score
September 2, 2011 2:05:47 PM

ilysaml said:
you're right about Deus Ex HR this game is consuming all my time, what GPU do you have ?

I have Gt440 but i have fixed my problem by updating my chipset drivers and believe me at max setting(dx11 to on and resolution to 1600*900) the game was running at 50 fps.The game is great
Score
September 2, 2011 11:23:20 PM

Fuzail56 said:
I have Gt440 but i have fixed my problem by updating my chipset drivers and believe me at max setting(dx11 to on and resolution to 1600*900) the game was running at 50 fps.The game is great

i enabled everything high MlAA, SASO on and so on .... and i'm getting 76 FPS but when playing @ 1280×1024
Score
September 3, 2011 12:28:41 PM

ilysaml said:
i enabled everything high MlAA, SASO on and so on .... and i'm getting 76 FPS but when playing @ 1280×1024

yeah this game is not so much GPU intensive as i heard about it.But they copied splinter cell conviction cover style.
Score
September 10, 2011 2:29:31 PM

Best answer selected by Fuzail56.
Score
a c 426 $ Windows 7
October 18, 2011 12:17:51 AM

This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
Score
!