Graphics card not working!

G

I recently brought a ASUS P5N-D motherboard and tried to fit a ASUS 8800GT graphics card and it wont pick it up it, it only uses the standard vga device, Iv tried a new motherboard but still have the same problem. I am running 32bit vista if this makes any difference any help will be much appreicated

dagger

Splendid
Mar 23, 2008
I recently brought a ASUS P5N-D motherboard and tried to fit a ASUS 8800GT graphics card and it wont pick it up it, it only uses the standard vga device, Iv tried a new motherboard but still have the same problem. I am running 32bit vista if this makes any difference any help will be much appreicated
So how is it not picking it up? what happens when you installed the driver?

What total blank no beeps or anything ? What does the device manager say, does it recognise that its there.
Are you sure you have all the power leads connected properly an dthat your psu is up to it ?
The fact that it has not posted as it were on two mother boards sugests either you are repeatedly doing something wrong when installing it (not likley) or the card is dud. Can you borrow a card that you know works to try ?
Mactronix

hsetir

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2008
If the card came with additional power supply cable, have you connected the cables properly ? If it's two, connect both to psu.