Direct tv HD question

Last response: in Home Theatre
Share
August 3, 2005 12:47:13 AM

If I go out and buy the Direct tv HD recorder with TVO. When Direct tv
turns on their new sattelites with the new HD (Mpeg 4 I think) will the
recorder be able to record it. I know I will need a new receiver.

More about : direct question

Anonymous
August 3, 2005 1:20:30 AM

On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 20:47:13 GMT, k <k@nospam.com> wrote:

>If I go out and buy the Direct tv HD recorder with TVO. When Direct tv
>turns on their new sattelites with the new HD (Mpeg 4 I think) will the
>recorder be able to record it. I know I will need a new receiver.

The DirecTV HD DVR has an integrated DirecTV receiver. When
new satellites are put in service and delivering local HD channels
in your area, the HD DVR will have to be replaced with a newer model.
August 3, 2005 3:02:09 AM

Jack Ak <akjack@excite.com> wrote in

> On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 20:47:13 GMT, k <k@nospam.com> wrote:
>
>>If I go out and buy the Direct tv HD recorder with TVO. When Direct tv
>>turns on their new sattelites with the new HD (Mpeg 4 I think) will the
>>recorder be able to record it. I know I will need a new receiver.
>
> The DirecTV HD DVR has an integrated DirecTV receiver. When
> new satellites are put in service and delivering local HD channels
> in your area, the HD DVR will have to be replaced with a newer model.

Thank you. I will continue to use the anttenna for HD reception
August 3, 2005 11:51:51 AM

On 08/02/2005 6:02 PM, k pondered briefly and then wrote:

> Jack Ak <akjack@excite.com> wrote in
>
>> On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 20:47:13 GMT, k <k@nospam.com> wrote:
>>
>>>If I go out and buy the Direct tv HD recorder with TVO. When Direct tv
>>>turns on their new sattelites with the new HD (Mpeg 4 I think) will the
>>>recorder be able to record it. I know I will need a new receiver.
>>
>> The DirecTV HD DVR has an integrated DirecTV receiver. When
>> new satellites are put in service and delivering local HD channels
>> in your area, the HD DVR will have to be replaced with a newer model.
>
> Thank you. I will continue to use the anttenna for HD reception

While it is true that you would need a new MPEG4 receiver after the the
sats are up and broadcasting local HD stations (and depending on where
you live that could be a while), it is also true that is more than
likely DirecTV will offset most if not all of the associated costs of
replacing any HD receivers/recorders.

--
Steve
http://www.soundclick.com/rockermann

When are the new satellites due to go on-line?

"k" <k@nospam.com> wrote in message
> If I go out and buy the Direct tv HD recorder with TVO. When Direct tv
> turns on their new sattelites with the new HD (Mpeg 4 I think)
Anonymous
August 3, 2005 9:27:53 PM

brooke wrote:
> When are the new satellites due to go on-line?
>

> "k" <k@nospam.com> wrote in message
>
>>If I go out and buy the Direct tv HD recorder with TVO. When Direct tv
>>turns on their new sattelites with the new HD (Mpeg 4 I think)

DirecTV usually keeps information like this pretty close to their vest.
Here is one person's opinion:

<http://www.onhd.tv/directvlocal061405.html&gt;

--
Matthew

Which one do you want?
August 21, 2005 6:07:50 AM

I heard that they have one up already and putting another one up in
September or November.

I would like to know when they will be releasing the New HDDVR I.
But obviously that depends on the new additional satellites.
!