Router no power

master_andalf

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Hello all,

In a thunderstorm just recently, lightning struck somewhere very near my house, temporarily disabling my phone and internet service, which are from the same provider. After the storm passed, I powered the PC back on, and found that I had no internet connection, and was actually not connected to the router at all. I tried to see if I could find the connection wirelessly, and still found nothing. Looking at the router (Linksys WRT54GS) while it is plugged in, the power light shows nothing at all, DMZ and WLAN also show nothing. The four ethernet lights and the Internet light are flashing simultaneously on and off in a constant pattern. I tried resetting by holding the reset button, by unplugging, and by a combination of the two. When i hold down the reset button, the lights show none of the usual response from the reset button. The modem still works, and so does the PC, everything else that was plugged into the same surge protector as the router still works, and since it was plugged into a working surge protector I don't understand why this is the only thing that would have fried. I am assuming it is fried, but just double checking before I shell out 50 bucks for a new one. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your time.

Andalf