Changing an OS language P L E A S E HELP

Greetings anyone and Everyone..

A dear friend of mine . .gave me a "notebook" (laptop) and his language is
Spanish.. he has since gone home and I stil though following simple steps in
control panel .. regional settings etc.. am unable to change the system to
English..

Ive read til Im blue...includings windows interface language things etc..
and . cannot get this "notebook" to change over to English...

Any idea how I can.. its a Sony Vaio .. great pc . just cant understand a
thing.. OUCh..

PLEASE email me true@shaw.ca with directions if you have any ideas of how
to do this.. and if it needs formating is there a simple manner to do this
in.. errr I used to be able to and its slipped my mind as well .. if I
formatted .. am still not certain it would come up English..

Desperate here.. and thankyou for taking the time to assist me..

with regards
Desperate Carol

Great quick response from Shenan and by reading a few other places .. learned
from the xp disc it will format and how etc..
much appreciated!
Carol
Not Desperate now lalala

Desperate Carol wrote:
> A dear friend of mine . .gave me a "notebook" (laptop) and his
> language is Spanish.. he has since gone home and I stil though
> following simple steps in control panel .. regional settings etc.. am
> unable to change the system to English..
>
> Ive read til Im blue...includings windows interface language things
> etc.. and . cannot get this "notebook" to change over to English...
>
> Any idea how I can.. its a Sony Vaio .. great pc . just cant
> understand a thing.. OUCh..
>
> PLEASE email me true@shaw.ca with directions if you have any ideas
> of how to do this.. and if it needs formating is there a simple
> manner to do this in.. errr I used to be able to and its slipped my
> mind as well .. if I formatted .. am still not certain it would come
> up English..
>
> Desperate here.. and thankyou for taking the time to assist me..

You need to purchase a new copy (English version) of Windows XP and
format/clean install that onto the laptop if you wish to change languages.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Thankyou Shenan for responding so quickly .. just saved me many more hours of
grief...
Any tips on how to format .. (blush) I simply forget with xp how to do it..
i ll put in my xp disc and see what happens .. used to be as simple as
A:// format C but now eek.. if you know .. ty again for your help here..
very appreciated!
not as Desperate now
Carol
with regards

Desperate Carol wrote:
> Greetings anyone and Everyone..
>
> A dear friend of mine . .gave me a "notebook" (laptop) and his language is
> Spanish.. he has since gone home and I stil though following simple steps in
> control panel .. regional settings etc.. am unable to change the system to
> English..
>
> Ive read til Im blue...includings windows interface language things etc..
> and . cannot get this "notebook" to change over to English...
>
> Any idea how I can.. its a Sony Vaio .. great pc . just cant understand a
> thing.. OUCh..

You cannot upgrade or convert from one language version of the OS
to another, so you'll have to purchase and use the full version of
WinXP (in whatever language you want) to perform a clean installation.

Cannot Upgrade or Install a Different Language Version of Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;282089

After backing up any important data to an external storage device,
simply boot from the WinXP installation CD. You'll be offered the
installation process. (You may need to re-arrange the order of boot

HOW TO Install Windows XP

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm