CPU and Mobo FSB

unmistakable

Distinguished
May 12, 2008
Hey guys (and girls)

just a quick uestion, which i just need some confirmation with....

looking at getting an E8400 in the next few weeks, cause in running out of eggs to cook on my faithful celeron d!!

anyway, the question is this....

the e84 has an FSB of 1333, while my mobo is 1066...

am i right thinking that they will both work together, albeit slightly handicapped?
(IE, the CPU would run t 1066, despite being 1333 capable)

or am i completely wrong thinking that?

ta in advance =)

Andrius

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2004
Download CPU-Z from www.cpuid.com and check the type of the motherboard you own (some text will be listed on the Motherboard TAB in CPU-Z).

After you check that either google for the CPU SUPPORT LIST for that board or come back here and ask someone to do it for you if you're not sure which model it is.

Hope that's "more helpful". :D

mi1ez

Splendid

I know we're here to help, but it would be better if we taught people to help themselves too?

unmistakable

Distinguished
May 12, 2008
I got the board cause it was C2D ready, and checking around similar,newer boards, everything seems pretty much the same, though it supports the 65nm arch, and no the 45 =(

boo hoo =(

but thanks for the advice guys - saved me a lot of hasstle finding out that it wouldnt have worked...

...and helped me decide to make the leap from single- to quad- core, with the Q6600 - which is DEFINATELY gonna work =)

and, @ mi1ez...
no insult or arguments intended, but people like me need to ask seemingly stupid question like that, in order to learn - going back to the typical argument of that everyone that knows now, was once a noob like me =)

but again, thanks to everyone here =)

chookman

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2007
I think mi1ez was of the idea that you now know how to do it so the question shouldnt be asked again. Had nothing to do with the question being asked in the first place. Which i fully agree with ;)

unmistakable

Distinguished
May 12, 2008
ahhhhhhh, typical me took it as something which it wasnt meant too be!

all apologies mi1es, was no insult intended!!

cake anyone?
delicious, AND moist...

thanks again to y'all, will definately come back =)