Motherboard not even when seated in case. Help?

Seraphic

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2006
Case: Antec 900
Motherboard: GA-X48-DQ6

Building my system and it seems that the motherboard is angeled downward to the right. Meaning, when the motherboard is seated in the case, it tilts down and to the right. If I screw all the motherboard screws on the left side, and use my finger to lift up the far right side, all of the PCI/PCIe screw holes line up with the case mounting holes.

I think it has to do with the Ultra-120 eXtreme backplate that I'm using as seen on this page and in this image. It seems that the backplate is pushing the left side up and forcing the right side down. This means I'm not able to attach the soundcard/videocard etc to the case v.i the mounting screws as they don't line up.

How would you use suggest I prop up the right side, slightly, without damaging the motherboard?

Also, now that I think of it, this means that the backplate is touching the motherboard tray! Is that safe or can that cause a short out and fry the whole system?

And yes, I'm using the spacer screws to space the motherboard up form the motherboard tray.

image003.jpg

http://www.thermalright.com/new_a_page/product_page/cpu/u120ex/installation_cpu_cooler_u120ex.html

huron

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2007
I don't understand how one side of the board can slant downward if you have all 9 standoffs in to set the motherboard on. It seems to me that if you had all of those lined up, screwed all the screws in, that it should be level (with the level of the standoffs).

I have a Tuniq Tower (just installed yesterday), which has a similar back plate, and didn't experience the same issue. I am sorry I can't help.

How about take some pictures and post them and we'll try to see what's going on. I'm still confused as to how that is possible.