No audio coming through HDMI

anonymous121

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2008
I'm so close to completing this build and very grateful to this forum for helping every troubled step!

I built my new pc tonight. The mobo is the Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H. I chose this because it had HDMI output which included audio (although limited to AC3, DTS, and 2 channel LPCM; both AC3 and DTS requiring an external decoder).

I installed Windows Vista Home Edition and am trying to play a movie through to my HDTV, which is a Sharp Aquos LC46D82U. Audio doesn't come through. Audio plays fine on computer speakers but not the TV.

In Control Panel - Sounds, I changed the default playback to Realtek HDMI output after installing the Realtek drivers. Under properties - supported formats, I have Dolby Digital and 44.1 kHz sample rate selected, although other options include DTS Audio and MS WMA Pro Audio as well as lots of other sample rates. Under advanced, I have 2 channel 16bit 4800 hz selected as default.

Any ideas on how to get audio to play through to the TV?

Thanks!

UPDATE: No sound is coming through even my PC speakers. Sound was coming through before I installed the Realtek driver, but now even if I disable Realtek, still no sound.

anonymous121

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2008
FIXED! I had installed the Realtek vista HD audio drivers from the website, but the drivers on the mobo cd were what I needed to get the audio to work. YAY! It's all up and running!! Now the fun begins!