Sign in with
Your question

Can I upgrade the BIOS using an external USB wireless device?

Last response: in Windows Vista
June 18, 2012 8:30:30 AM

I am working on an HP Pavilion dv9723cl, and my problem is that my CD optical drive stopped reading. The driver isn't even recognized in Device Manager. Though it wont open, or read after windows loads, it will open before windows loads. It opens and closes during post, but as soon as I see that windows logo it stops working. Will someone please tell me why!! If I need a driver tell me where to download it besides the HP website. If I need another optical drive tell me where to get one, please I am getting desperate to fix his thing.

I tried to reinstall the BIOS but I am currently running wireless on my U.S.B. D-Link device. Should I run the install for BIOS with the wireless D-Link device plugged in or not. The install is already downloaded but I'm not sure what to do, can anyone advise where to go from here? Thank you for your time and consideration.
June 18, 2012 8:59:57 AM

CadamsII said:
I am working on an HP Pavilion dv9723cl, and my problem is that my CD optical drive stopped reading. The driver isn't even recognized in Device Manager. Though it wont open, or read after windows loads, it will open before windows loads. It opens and closes during post, but as soon as I see that windows logo it stops working. Will someone please tell me why!! If I need a driver tell me where to download it besides the HP website. If I need another optical drive tell me where to get one, please I am getting desperate to fix his thing. If you have not uninstalled the driver, rolling back the driver in device manager may fix it.

I tried to reinstall the BIOS but I am currently running wireless on my U.S.B. D-Link device. Should I run the install for BIOS with the wireless D-Link device plugged in or not. The install is already downloaded but I'm not sure what to do, can anyone advise where to go from here? Thank you for your time and consideration. Click on the download folder and look for a setup file to click on.

m
l
Related resources
!