Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Data Recovery Software?

Last response: in Storage
June 12, 2009 5:25:57 AM

I have a Western Digital WD2500BEAS-00URt0. It was in an external enclosure until recently, and now when I plug it in using another enclosure my computer will find it, but only for a second, then it disappears.

I've heard that there is software that could be used to try and get data from the drive. Anyone know what I'm on about? Or have some software to recommend?

More about : data recovery software

June 12, 2009 5:39:57 AM

Recover my files is a program I once used, and with great success
a b G Storage
June 12, 2009 5:26:43 PM

Check out GetDataBack for NTFS and DiskExplorer for NTFS from Runtime.org

You can download and try the software first to see if it works and then you have to purchase a license to actually recover the files, but at least you know if you'll recover your data before buying.

I have licensed versions of RAID Reconstructor, GetDataBack, and DiskExplorer and highly recommend them all.

Good luck!
Related resources
June 13, 2009 9:59:14 AM

I once has a power failure and my Seagate SCSI U160 could no longer boot. I spent about 3 days trying whatever I could find in the world of data recovery software. GetDataBack, Ontrack... Ontrack wouldn't boot off a CD - the system hanged. GetDataBack (probably included in Hiren's) would scan the partitions, but then it offered saving the data to a FLOPPY. It can't save to NTFS partition (on another drive). In my experience, no recovery program can save to NTFS (but they read from it, sure). So I ended with Volcov Commander who as able to read most of the files and save them where I pointed it to. But VC doesn't support long filenames which is a shame.
a b G Storage
June 13, 2009 12:30:58 PM

charlemont said:
I once has a power failure and my Seagate SCSI U160 could no longer boot. I spent about 3 days trying whatever I could find in the world of data recovery software. GetDataBack, Ontrack... Ontrack wouldn't boot off a CD - the system hanged. GetDataBack (probably included in Hiren's) would scan the partitions, but then it offered saving the data to a FLOPPY. It can't save to NTFS partition (on another drive). In my experience, no recovery program can save to NTFS (but they read from it, sure). So I ended with Volcov Commander who as able to read most of the files and save them where I pointed it to. But VC doesn't support long filenames which is a shame.

Don't know what happened in your case but I have recovered data to an NTFS drive routinely with getdataback.
a b G Storage
June 13, 2009 1:37:57 PM

charlemont said:
GetDataBack (probably included in Hiren's) would scan the partitions, but then it offered saving the data to a FLOPPY. It can't save to NTFS partition (on another drive). In my experience, no recovery program can save to NTFS (but they read from it, sure).

WHAT?!?!?! You must have done something wrong...Runtime.org actually recommends that you have an spare/additional drive in your system to copy the recovered data to...it's in the .docs...that's the whole point and purpose of using GetDataBack and recovery software in general...heck, I can even copy the recovered data across my LAN to my NAS, let alone a local drive...no issue with long file names with GetDataBack either...
June 22, 2009 7:16:54 AM

Try stellar phoenix its different and best.
October 13, 2009 2:02:59 AM

I recommend easeus data recovery wizard. You may find it by google.
June 14, 2010 1:27:15 AM

FYI EASEUS is a company in China
a b G Storage
June 14, 2010 1:43:19 AM

I've heard great things about spinrite - still meaning to get it and try it.
October 11, 2011 11:37:59 AM

GET DATA BACK for NTFS and FAT..its rocking..

Balloon Speaker Store
October 13, 2011 8:11:55 AM

I recommanded GetDataBack software.
a b G Storage
October 28, 2011 9:13:05 AM

Recuva is free and very good. I used it a few times and it worked! Cant say how it would perform when doing mass recovery or something!
!