Antec Nine Hundred Case & ATI CrossFireX

G

I'm currently building a PC to support two ATI 4*** series cards when they're released and was thinking of using the Antec Nine Hundred Gaming Case, however, I've read that the PSU sits at the bottom and some people have had trouble fitting two GPUs. Does anyone currently have a CreossFire X setup in one of these cases? Or can anyone recommend a good case for a CrossfireX setup? Not sure if it also depends on the mother board, I'm new to building, but I'll be using a Gigabyte GA-EX38-DS4 iX38 Socket 775 8 channel audio ATX Motherboard if it matters.

Thanks,
S

stoner133

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2008
I take it you will be using two ATi 4***X2 cards, thats the only way you will get CrossfireX with two cards. With the X2 cards you may want to look at the length of the cards for clearance in this case. Not to mention your going to need four open slots in the back of your case. Plus excellent air movement as well.

Takes three or four GPU's to get CrossfireX two 4**** series cards will only give you Crossfire.

closed_deal

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2007
I have two dual slot Sappire 3870's in Crossfire and an Antec 900. There's 'enough' room, however if the PSU's fan is facing upwards then the bottom card may get a tad hot. Otherwise you'll be fine :).

Good choice of mobo. It has same slot setup as my P5E X38 so it'll be fine too!