whats a good mid-range cpu cooler??

im a kinda a noobie and going to build my first build over the summer. i need a good cpu cooler for a q6600 thats not over or under 92mm fan. not too big or small. probabley going to do little overclocking like going from a q6600 2.4 to 2.6. good cooling and doesnt have to be real silent but not loud.
10 answers Last reply
More about whats good range cooler
  1. The stock retail Intel fan can handle 3.0GHz unless your room temps are high.

If you need better, I've used one of these and it was good for a fairly cheap price. I have an extra I may even use on my own system since no need to pull the mobo. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835186134
  2. I don't really have a suggestion for you (simply because there are so many decent ones out there) but the one thing i WILL recommend is getting one that doesn't use intels stock mounting mechanism. i've built 3 comps so far with the 775 socket, 2 with custom coolers, one with the stock. The stock one was horrible, you had to push down MAD HARD, so, the first time i didn't get it on all the way (i noticed by watching the temps go up), so i had to push it even harder for it to click in....and even then, it never made an audible clicking noise.....
    I use a zalman 9700, but you might look into a zalman 9500.
    it may be a little more than mide range though.
  3. HDT-S1283
  4. Id go with the Freezer that pauldh suggested...

and i wouldnt classify the HDT-S1283 as mid range.
  5. Xigmatek S963, BTW, you should take it at least up to 3.0. Overclocking 8.3% is not even worth the effort, IMO (no matter how easy it really is), you really won't feel any difference.
  6. I would prolly go with the Arctic Freezer Pro 7 Also. Bang for the Buck, It's dead on nuts! Easy install. Quite, and good proformer.
  7. Xigmatek S963.
    I have an E6550 and I am running 3.2 glitch free. It's inexpensive and the fan that comes with is pretty good and mostly quiet. Also, mine vents directly to the rear 120mm Silverstone @ 2500rpm.
  8. Better than midrange cooling and lower than midrange price.
    Arctic Freezer Pro 7
  9. Ok, just saying.. the S1283 has better performance and if you're ordering from newegg is only $3 more. Just something to consider.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Cooling Build Product