/ Sign-up
Your question

Like My Next Gaming Computer??

  • New Build
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
April 13, 2008 11:07:48 PM

Do you like my next gaming computer:

-Thermaltake VA8003SWA Armor Super Tower
Aluminum case Silver w/ 25cm fan side panel

-Antec NEOPOWER 650 BLUE 650W ATX12V v2.2
120mm Blue LED Fan 80PLUS ROHS Power Supply

-Asus Maximus Formula Motherboard

-Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Socket LGA775, 3 GHz,
1333 MHz FSB, 6MB L2 Cache, 45nm

-Corsair XMS2 Dominator TWIN2X2048-8500C5D
2GB 2X1GB PC8500 DDR2-1066 CL 5-5-5-15-2T
240PIN Dual Channel Memory

-MSI RX3870-T2D512E OC Radeon HD 3870 512MB 256-bit GDDR4 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card

-Seagate Barracuda (ST3500320AS) 7200.11 SATA
NCQ 3.0Gb/s 500GB 32MB Cache

-LG G-H20L-S10 /Black SATA LightScribe DVD-Writer
20xDVD+R/-R 8xDVD+RW/6x DVD-RW 12xDVD+/-R9
Dual Layer 48xCD-R 32xCD-RW

-LG G-H20L-S10 /Black SATA LightScribe DVD-Writer
20xDVD+R/-R 8xDVD+RW/6x DVD-RW 12xDVD+/-R9
Dual Layer 48xCD-R 32xCD-RW

More about : gaming computer

April 13, 2008 11:15:40 PM

Yes, I do like it quite a bit. I assume you plan to OC quite a bit (from the fast ram).
April 13, 2008 11:27:07 PM

No actually, I do not plan to overclock for a little bit.. I am not a heavy gamer, until it starts slowing down majourly I am leaving it at stock settings. The only thing I will be doing is setting the RAM to 1066 in the BIOS because the board is default at 800. It all comes out to be around $1500..
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
April 13, 2008 11:43:01 PM

Looking good tbh, but why the 3870? Judging by your motherboard choice, you must have a decent budget to work with.
April 13, 2008 11:57:43 PM

Well I Am A 13 Year Old Paying 40% Of Costs (My Dad Pays The Other 60%:D ) He Has This Card - Works Amazingly, And I Read In One Of Tom's VGA News That This Card Is The 4th Best Right Below The 8800 Ultra, The 3870X2, And The 8800 GTS. I Might Even Go With The GTS I Havent Decided... I Need The VGA Charts For 2008 To Come Out!!!:D 
April 14, 2008 12:05:00 AM

Notice those charts do not include the 8800GT. I'm pretty sure if they did, It'll snatch that 4th place off the 3870 quite easily.
April 14, 2008 12:11:17 AM

True, that is why I'm looking forward to the 2008 charts, and wondering when the 2007 and 2006 charts came out so I know around what month they're out
April 14, 2008 12:18:14 AM

Well regardless of the charts, your best bet is to go with the 8800GTS (G92). It is hands down better than both the 8800GT and the 3870 and when overclocked, It's on par with the 9800GTX.
April 14, 2008 12:19:49 AM

You might want to get 4GB of ram if your using Vista
April 14, 2008 12:24:55 AM

I'm Running XP Home 32-Bit.. And I'm Thinking Bout Getting The - BFG GeForce 8800GTS OC nVidia GeForce 8800GTS Chipset (675Mhz) Shader Clock (1674Mhz) 512MB (1940Mhz) GDDR3 Dual Dual-Link DVI PCI-Express 2.0 Graphics Card... What Do You Guys Think??
April 14, 2008 12:28:36 AM

Yes, excellent choice. And if you're running XP x32 then leave the ram as it is. I think you've just about perfected your setup. All thats left now is to buy. :D 

Have fun with it mate.

April 14, 2008 12:35:58 AM

Haha thanks, I have the case, MoBo, and 2 DVD drives already, and shortly I will get the power supply.. I am getting the video card last since technology keeps on changing. For example, I bought the Asus Maximus Formula, and for the 20 $$$ more I could now get the Asus Rampage Formula.
April 14, 2008 1:02:56 AM

Yeah, good idea. Good luck with the build. ;)