[Solved] Question about sound video & game controllers

I have a toshiba u300 and I change the harddrive on it and installed windows 7 it hard no sound with the speaker icon saying no audio devices installed the amazing thing is there are no controler icons in device manager so I cannot troubleshoot the problem how can you help me?
4 answers Last reply
More about solved question sound video game controllers
  1. samsonlouis3 said:
    I have a toshiba u300 and I change the harddrive on it and installed windows 7 it hard no sound with the speaker icon saying no audio devices installed the amazing thing is there are no controler icons in device manager so I cannot troubleshoot the problem how can you help me?

Download the drivers
    http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/home.jsp
  2. I have tried installing all the u300 drivers available and non had worked infact it makes the situation worse but thanks for the reply
  3. samsonlouis3 said:
    I have tried installing all the u300 drivers available and non had worked infact it makes the situation worse but thanks for the reply

Trouble shoot Audio Problems.

1) -Make sure speakers are not muted.
    2) -Make sure Windows Audio Service is set to Automatic & Started. (Run services.msc) Scroll down to Windows Audio Double click, start the service. And it should be set to "Automatic"
    3) -Download & save to your desktop, Audio drivers for your computer model and Operating System from your Computer MFG Site. (Do not Install yet)
    4) -Uninstall Audio Drivers in Device manager & Reboot.
    5) -When new hardware is detected, point to desktop for drivers.

Note: If you have PCI sound card installed, google the manufacturer of it.
  4. These are the drivers for the U300, select 32 or 64 bit depending on what you installed. http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/modelContent.jsp?ct=DL&os=&category=&moid=1702316&rpn=PSU34U&modelFilter=U300-ST3091&selCategory=2756709&selFamily=1073768663

If you can't get it working from there, get someone to help you locally that knows about how to install drivers.
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers Windows Vista