Blue screen of death when loading Ntune

Status
Not open for further replies.

sacoops

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
Hi. I recently bought myself a new computer with Vista x64. I am using a BFG 8800GTS 512.

When i install Ntune it seems to work fine for the first time the program is open, however after a reboot and loading up the program again i get the BSOD. After searching google i have seen it is an issue suffered by not just me, however i have seen no fixes as of yet. I have downloaded and installed the latest drivers for my video card.

Any tips or help that anyone can give me?

Thanks

sacoops

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
Sorry, Abit Ip35 Pro.

No i didn't change anything. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled and get it working fine the first time and crashes the second. I did mess around with GPU fan speed on one install as Auto makes it go at 100% so i turned it down to about 60%, but next load up i got the blue screen.

cisco

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2004
I had the same problem with the nvidia driver when I installed 8 gigs of ram.
I found this picture was helpful I was merely experiencing the full Windows Experience.

Actually I had to boot in safe mode uninstall my drivers and then reinstall different driver.

sacoops

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
oh right ok! So is there anyway of controlling my graphics card fan speed. At the mo it is set on auto and is constantly changing speed, even as i type this with nothing else running on my pc. At least it isn't blasting out at 100% anymore. seemed to fix that problem by itself.

basspig

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2007
I too am experiencing this problem with the 5.05.54.00 version of nTune on my GF8800-GTS 640, on a P35-DQ6 motherboard. I rolled back to an earlier (last year) version of nTune, which works fine as far as being able to boot the system after installing it. I'm running the latest nVidia driver with last year's nTune version. No obvious problems, but I hope I don't run into any subtle problems.

BTW, that nTune version 5.05.54.00 is a disaster when it hits--good thing I had just made a Ghost image of the HD before installing it! I was unable to uninstall the driver in Safe Mode because Windows Installer doesn't run in Safe Mode. Lacking that, I used Norton Ghost to restore the system to usefulness (new build).

Status
Not open for further replies.