Ga-EP35-ds3p problem?

Froot

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2008
Hi guys im having a real headache here im building this new computer and it will start but only for 2 second then shut down and restart on its own and shut downagain in an infinite loop. All the fans are running except for the cpu on that trys to run but only like 0.5 second before the computer shut down. I can also here the Hdd run and my video card fan is running. Also all the leds on my mobo lights up.

Also if I remove the atx_12v_2x the board just turn on and doest go off

here are my computer spec

e8500
GA-EP35-DS3P rev 2.1 bios unknown
Corsair 750w PSU
2xOCZ 2GB Kit DDR2 PC2-8500 Reaper HPC Edition
Sata II seagate 320gb Hdd
9800gtx 512mb

I tryed to run the mobo out of the case samething happens
I tryed all the ram stick individualy samething happens
I tryed resseting cmos by its swicth and removing battery for 10 minutes samething

I heard it might be there rams the motherboard default is 1.8v and the rams are 2.1v so if I remember correctly someone said I had to get in bios to change it but I cant get there :( and I dont have a spare ddr2 stick

All help is greatly appreciated :love:

edit

Before someone ask I double and triple checked evry connections to the mobo :p

Froot

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2008
I added a pc speaker form this pc no beeps
I tryed the board out of the case so I dont think its a short
I reseated heating

the atx 12v 2x is a 8 hole conector and thats is what is writen next to it also I didnt find the 4 pin cpu connector I only have 8 pin on my psu

il try my old psu it has a 4 pin atx connector

ok I tryed that and its the same thing has my 8 pin it just keeps restarting its self

I realy think its because the rams are 2.1v and I cant go in bios change it to 2.1v because default it 1.8v and it might not recongnise it

Andrius

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2004
It is very likely it's the RAM modules (1066MHz modules are known to cause all kinds of issues).

However the fact that the board does not put out a beep code makes me think it's a motherboard problem.

Froot

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2008
ok I tryed the board with nothing at all and it seems to boot fine but if I put the cpu in it starts to loop again.

anyway im gona bring this pc to the shop I dont have time to mess with this

I hear some sort of clicking noise coming out of the speaker but no real beep