Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Any way to play T2 on Linux with the Windows cd?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
March 16, 2005 5:27:48 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

I see via Google that this question is addressed in a very old faq:

>3.2 Can I convert my Windows client to a Linux client?
> We do not offer a method of converting from one platform
> to another. However, you can install the Linux dedicated server
>using the Windows CD.

However, this is dated 2001. Has anyone come up with a workaround in
the meantime?

Alan

More about : play linux windows

Anonymous
March 16, 2005 5:27:49 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

"R. Alan Monroe" <amonroejj@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:EQMZd.3120$LI3.2925@fe2.columbus.rr.com...
>I see via Google that this question is addressed in a very old faq:
>
>>3.2 Can I convert my Windows client to a Linux client?
>> We do not offer a method of converting from one platform
>> to another. However, you can install the Linux dedicated server
>>using the Windows CD.
>
> However, this is dated 2001. Has anyone come up with a workaround in
> the meantime?
>
> Alan

Why not just download the linux client? Tribes 2 is free now and the linux
client is out there also.

Quixote
Anonymous
March 18, 2005 2:51:56 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

In article <113f9q1f5st4m6c@corp.supernews.com>, "Quixote" <quixote@writeme.com> wrote:
>
>"R. Alan Monroe" <amonroejj@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>news:EQMZd.3120$LI3.2925@fe2.columbus.rr.com...
>>I see via Google that this question is addressed in a very old faq:
>>
>>>3.2 Can I convert my Windows client to a Linux client?
>>> We do not offer a method of converting from one platform
>>> to another. However, you can install the Linux dedicated server
>>>using the Windows CD.
>>
>> However, this is dated 2001. Has anyone come up with a workaround in
>> the meantime?
>>
>> Alan
>
>Why not just download the linux client? Tribes 2 is free now and the linux
>client is out there also.

Interesting. Apparently my knowledge is also dated 2001 :^) Will hunt
for it once my box is up.

Alan
Related resources
Anonymous
March 18, 2005 3:14:20 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 23:51:56 GMT, R. Alan Monroe wrote:

> Interesting. Apparently my knowledge is also dated 2001 :^) Will hunt
> for it once my box is up.
>
> Alan

Amusingly enough, my T2 installation segfaults. T1 (with cedega) however
is pretty much ok, if I could just get the damn terminal beeps stopped.

--
"There's violence to be done."
R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1(and a half)
Anonymous
March 18, 2005 3:55:00 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

Mr K's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body
were:
> On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 23:51:56 GMT, R. Alan Monroe wrote:
>> Interesting. Apparently my knowledge is also dated 2001 :^) Will hunt
>> for it once my box is up.
> Amusingly enough, my T2 installation segfaults. T1 (with cedega) however
> is pretty much ok, if I could just get the damn terminal beeps stopped.

If you need a torrent, I can help you out. I know I tried finding a copy
to buy, but Loki (the company that ported and sold T2 for Linux) went
belly up a few years back, so their stuff is hard to find. I ended up
using the stuff from my Windows copy and just downloading the loki edition.

My T2 Linux install segfaults, but when I exit it, so doesnt really bother
me. "oops the app I was closing crashed and exited"
Anonymous
March 18, 2005 4:14:59 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 00:55:00 GMT, Hellmark wrote:

> If you need a torrent, I can help you out.

That's nice, but I already have it.

.... jic you haven't realised.

> I know I tried finding a copy to buy, but Loki (the company that ported
> and sold T2 for Linux) went belly up a few years back, so their stuff is
> hard to find. I ended up using the stuff from my Windows copy and just
> downloading the loki edition.

Sounds familiar.

> My T2 Linux install segfaults

Likewise, as I've stated.

> but when I exit it, so doesnt really bother me. "oops the app I was
> closing crashed and exited"

Mine normally happens just as an important event happens. Flagrunning, gen
defending (attackers have just infiltrated the chocolate fireguard
defence), about to recover own teamflag... you can count on a segfault
happening.

--
"There's violence to be done."
R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1(and a half)
Anonymous
March 18, 2005 7:06:05 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

Mr K's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body
were:
> On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 00:55:00 GMT, Hellmark wrote:
>> If you need a torrent, I can help you out.
> That's nice, but I already have it.
> ... jic you haven't realised.

Well, was refering to both you and the OP. I had missread what you said
and thought what you said you ran T2 (not T1) under Cedega. Still same
goes to the OP.
!