Need Help OverClocking the Biostar I45 +E8400

malstrom

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2008
Im Having Trouble Overclocking My (BiostarI45+E8400) i have got it up to 3.78GHz with out changing Any Thing And Dont worry About Over-Heating i got my Idle Temp to 15C and Load Temp to 24C....

I Cant seem to Get The Right Settings in my Bios So If Any 1 knows The Biostar Bios Well Or Knows a Bit About OCing This Board Please Let me know, I want to Get it up to 4.5GHz Thats My Goal....

If You Have The Correct OC Settings that would be Most appreciated.... Thank you

flyin15sec

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2008
Your temps are definetly wrong. No way your ambient is 45F or so. Use Real Temp and make sure TJ Max is set to 100.

Have you tried to increase the cpu vcore and NB? Just add 1 notch, I think it should be .05v, retest after that.

malstrom

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2008
Sure buddy im asking for ppl who know what they are talking about obviously you dont.... thanks any way.... 15C = 59F Whats with Labeling Ambient temp any way Core Temps! i have had My Core Temp down to 15C Idle That Means i have Good Cooler.. do you understand? Plus im getting Readings from 4 different Places So i guess All the Programs and my bios Are Wrong Because you say Im not using Real Temps

Thats Beside the point For get i even Mentioned what my Temps where ok? i thought it would save people some time so they didnt have to ask about my Temps Ect.... But i guess not

But i will Thank you for the Vcore and North Bridge Suggestions...

I'm asking for some 1 who has Experience With this Boards Bios please let me know What settings work best for you thanks...

flyin15sec

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2008

You need to check your Math, because there is no way on EARTH that your CPU is running at 59F (15C). Why because actual CPU is always around 5-10C hotter than ambient temp. So from what you are saying is that your ambient temps is at around 45F. You need to check your furnace! Start reading the guide before you bash me.
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/221745-29-core-quad-temperature-guide

I do have that motherboard too. As stated up your vcore and maybe northbridge.

malstrom

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2008
My CPU is at the lowest temps in my system. A heatsink and fan can actually be at a lower temp then the air around it. I have seen people use old CPU coolers as drink coolers. It was a neat little mod. Basically you take a beer cousy and put a CPU cooler on the bottom, and it will make your drink cold.

malstrom

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2008
Any way Enough with the Im Right your Wrong B.S. im not going to Argue with you Children...

If you Cant answer My Simple Question then dont Post and if your going to be Negative then Definitely Do Not i Repeat Do Not Post In my Topic Thank you

Just Give me All you info on What you did to Overclock your CPU on the Biostar I45 Thats all

Like whats your Skew set at & CPU V

malstrom

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2008
i'm Getting a Core Reading of 16 13 Now using the Real Temp i had programs running when i posted the 20 15

And when i posted that i got 15C i had a Different Fan on it this Crazy Fast Fan Called the Scyth Ultra Kaze Now that Baby Moves some Air But i dont have a controller for it so i put the stock one back on its a Nice Fan i Recommend

kamkal

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
lol

thermodynamics 101 kid

your cpu is being cooled by conduction, and your system of conduction (the heatsink/fan) is nowhere close to being 100% efficient (in fact nothing can be 100% efficient, its one of the laws of thermodynamics, you cant break even) so no your cpu temp is not lower than ambient temperature

please read this to learn more before speaking about the subject
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_transfer

anyways
the flaky temp sensors on the 45nm cpus is a known issue, a lot of them dont report the right temperature, that is why it shows a screwy temperature

if you have gotten your cpu to 3.78 without doing anything to vcore, then adjust your vcore up one step and then push the fsb a bit more

you may also want to make sure it is stable each time you up the speed by running stability tests such as prime95, orthos, etc etc

step vcore up 1 notch at a time and then push fsb a bit more and then test and then repeat

there are no "correct" bios settings, each cpu is different than another
you have to sit there and screw around with the voltages until you get it stable, and making sure it is stable involves running the stability tests i mentioned above

for the record, i have an e8400 (with working temp sensors) and have it OC'd to 3.84

malstrom

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2008
ok readings off my Mother board shows 19C off of Real Temp 2.70 Shows 16 13 readings off of Tpower 2 Bio Watch Shows 25C so im guessing the Tpower Program is right

But i do have My PC in a Separate Room in my House that Has No Air going to it when i built my house left that room out To save some money and i figured i could use it as a PC Room for the Winter time But in the Summer time it gets way to hot so i move my Pc to my Room

So Thanks for Continuing a Pointless Argument

And by the way Im a Grown Ass Man your a Little Bitty Boy....

malstrom

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2008
Very Hypocritical of you i would say calling me a Kid when should have just answered my question Not give me your feed back on something i care nothing about any way

But yes Flyin the Laws of cooling Change when you know what you are doing
Ever herd of Lapping Ever herd of Low ambient There the Answer And your Law Has been broken buddy so there it is finished no more Temp Talk that's its final now shut up Damn kids Almost Annoying as my 3 year old

Thanks any way Kamkal your Input is much appreciated

Wish i could say the same about Fly But he dose live up to his Name hes like a bug Ha

And stop Posting if your not going to help Thanks

flyin15sec

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2008
wow. Sorry about your kid, if he's more annoying than me. Of course I'd be annoying too if I had a father like you.

Fact is you keep instigating me to respond to you. So if you would act like an adult , which you claim to be, then ignore responding to my posts. That way I can shut up leave.

espslyxerx2

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2007
hahahahahahaha, I cant believe this guy.

Not only has he proven to be a 9 year old kid, hes a complete dumbass at that hahahahah. This post made my day :pt1cable: