Silverstone multi media cases - any feedback

huskiee

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
I've been considering buying one of the Silverstone range of multi media desktop cases for my new build. Ones I'm looking at are LC20M, GD01MX, & LC16MR.

I'd be looking to fit:

Corsiar 620 PSU
Intel Quad 6700
8800GTS

Any feedback on whether this kit would fit in each of the cases and have sufficent cooling? Also if anyone has used this cases and come up with a cool & quiet fan config I'd be interested to hear.

All & any feedback appreciated.

malhute

Distinguished
May 16, 2008
I am using some different case from your candidate, anyway Silverstone, GD02. Actually I like this case, even this is just for uATX mobo.

This case is working fine with powerful PSU, long and fast graphic card, internal BluRay drive, not noisy, cooling great, perfectly fit with my rack(nice size) and most of all, it's beautiful.

My system
C2D 6750
Sony bluray drive
Gforce9600GT

But there are some problems. It could be GD02 only, but I think, most of the Silverstones.
ODD eject button is XXXX, I did not try with DVD drive, but with BR drive, eject button is needed some mechanical modification, I did.
ODD cover spring, very easy to be lost. and not so tight.

Basically, I think silverstone case is GREAT overall.

I recently purchased the SILVERSTONE Black Aluminum Crown Series CW02B-MXR ATX Media Center / HTPC Case, but you may find it a bit too steep @ $400.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811163084

However the case is pretty tall @ about 8 inches. I can fit my old Scythe Ninja HSF, however the due to the closeness of the cables sticking out the back of the drives it is impossible to attach the 120mm fan to the Scythe Ninja. But that's okay, my passively cooled E6600 @ 3.0GHz maxes out at 58C after a few hours of continuous video encoding.

A 8800GTX should have no problems fitting inside since there is plenty of room underneath where the DVD drive is located. You will need to remove the DVD drive when changing video cards. Then again it is a HTPC case so there's bound to be limited room even for one that can fit a standard ATX mobo.

If you're into water cooling, it has rubberized holes to fit the tubing through.

Anywaste, it's an expensive HTPC case but it fits my needs especially since I can install up to six 1TB hard drives in it.

TRENDING THREADS