MBchrono

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2008
I have had the Gigabyte P35-DS3R board for a couple months now. I have it coupled with the e8400 wolfdale and some high performance Mushkin RAM. Everything has been great until today I noticed my CPU was running at 3.60Ghz instead of the usual 4.0. After trying to set it back to 4.0 and failing multiple times, I narrowed it down to the VCore setting. No matter what I set it to it will not change. It defaults at 1.184, which is obviously not enough to power that cpu at 4.0. 3.6 is the most I can get out of it without the system becoming unstable, or not even starting.

Has anybody heard of this problem? I did update to F12f beta BIOS a couple months ago, but I know for a fact it was running at 4.0 during the time that BIOS was installed. http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/M...ProductID=2746

Any help would be apperciated.

MBchrono

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2008
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that and still the same thing. It just sticks at 1.188 in BIOS no matter how many times I change it.

Do you think it would be safe to revert back to F11 BIOS to see if that works?

MBchrono

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2008
Poppin the battery out seemed to have fixed it. Not sure if a setting got stuck or what, but I am back to 100%. Thanks again for the suggestions.