sctrt

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2008
Hello,
I have been able to go to eather google or yahoo homepage from my desktop.
However they are frozen and will not change daily as before. I can find ways to get into news and etc.
How do I fix homepage?

sctrt

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2008
As they say, oh yes they do. Err maby. As I said from my desk top I can go to google or yahoo and daily the news, markets, etc, would change , now they will not. Is this what you are wanting?

sctrt

sctrt

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2008
Whew I Made it back. Actually I am useing two browsers. Google chrome

for my google home page and internet explorer for yahoo home page. Yes

I can visit all sites just fine. And yes yahoo does not update every day.

Google actually comes up with a screen that says create a homepage. I

have tried to create a home page nothing happens. Hope this helps

aford 10.

sctrt

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2008
alford, sorry about the long delay. I am not sure how to set yahoo or google to local news. I am quite sure neither is set to local news.

Lo and behold a couple of days after your last post yahoo just began working properly.

As for google I am just in a get around and it is working ok for now.

Thanks.

For google, look in the top right hand corner. You can setup igoogle. It'll ask you what your zip code is. That will get you local news. You can also personalize it with different gadgets.

For Yahoo, you can go into your Yahoo profile, and set your zip code. That'll get local news.

sctrt

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2008
My yahoo works I have no igoogle. All I have in the middletop of page is igoogle search box. Then below this is another large box with create your home page in under 30 sec. Select intrests. select theme. choose location. my zip code. see your page and every thing goes away..