Windows 7 install on Corsair SSD

Im currently building a new PC and am planning to install Windows 7 64-Bit on it.

I have a Corsair M64 SSD in it, and was wondering if I need to go through the process of Aligning the Partition before installing Windows 7 as decribed on the OCZ forums?

I have read on some other forums people saying Windows 7 aligns the partitions correctly on install for SSD's, but have also read in other posts that the standard alignment by Vista/W7 isn't optimised to give the best performance.

So if someone could shed some light on the subject for me would be greatly appriciated!
2 answers Last reply
More about windows install corsair
  1. Just make sure and reflash the drive first with the newest firmware, it will make it minty fresh, 2nd you dont need to align the partition, win 7 does it just fine, third, read the tweak forums for windows 7 too ok, things like, disable prefetch, superfetch, defrag, windows search, you'll find a tweak tool that does most of it for you, SSD tweaker, Good luck, Shark
  2. Let Windows 7 handle it. Instructions from other manufacturers won't apply in this case for our SSDs.
Ask a new question

Read More

Flash Media Windows 7 Corsair SSD Storage