TOT- I Can't Sleep (Or, Who Still Plays T1?)

Last response: in Video Games
Share
March 20, 2005 4:50:51 AM

Just thought I'd announce that. Guess I'll go play solitaire........
I haven't even had a chance to try and load any version of
Tribes on this new toy yet. I'm sailing along pretty well on
Good Neighbor Allen's DSL, so I should have few lag troubles.
I even actually grinned just now as I thought about my
prowess with the "lowly" Blaster. That would be *so*
delicious to heft one of those babies up with no lag.

OH BOB I MISS PLAYING TRIBES.

Besides Pokey, who in here still jumps into a game
of T1? Should I try the simpler original first, to get some
mad skillz back? I totally dread attempting to install the
full, wholly updated, new & improved T2.

Say, what if I copy the files and folders from my desktop
to a CD? A little appropriate placement should fix me right up.
Hmmmmmm...................................

I suppose I should also RTFM about this new laptop- I still
don't know where to locate some controls.........I mean, WTF is
the "PRNT SCRN" button, or whatever it's labeled?!?!?

Feh.

--
>^,,^< Miracle

More about : tot sleep plays

Anonymous
March 20, 2005 4:08:20 PM

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 01:50:51 -0700, >^,,^< wrote:

> Just thought I'd announce that. Guess I'll go play solitaire........
> I haven't even had a chance to try and load any version of
> Tribes on this new toy yet. I'm sailing along pretty well on
> Good Neighbor Allen's DSL, so I should have few lag troubles.
> I even actually grinned just now as I thought about my
> prowess with the "lowly" Blaster. That would be *so*
> delicious to heft one of those babies up with no lag.
>
> OH BOB I MISS PLAYING TRIBES.
>
> Besides Pokey, who in here still jumps into a game
> of T1? Should I try the simpler original first, to get some
> mad skillz back? I totally dread attempting to install the
> full, wholly updated, new & improved T2.

T1? Er... I've had a spin or four on a couple of T1 pub servers recently,
and am having to relearn skills again. The annoying thing is, jump-jetting
has now become an artform... simply because the PC squeaker beeps if I
don't time the keypresses right. Ah, the joys of winex. :/

> Say, what if I copy the files and folders from my desktop
> to a CD? A little appropriate placement should fix me right up.
> Hmmmmmm...................................
>
> I suppose I should also RTFM about this new laptop- I still
> don't know where to locate some controls.........I mean, WTF is
> the "PRNT SCRN" button, or whatever it's labeled?!?!?

Put the toy down and get a PC. ;)

--
"There's violence to be done."
R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1(and a half)

Mr K wrote:
> T1? Er... I've had a spin or four on a couple of T1 pub servers
> recently, and am having to relearn skills again. The annoying thing
> is, jump-jetting has now become an artform... simply because the PC
> squeaker beeps if I don't time the keypresses right. Ah, the joys of
> winex. :/

I'm very accurate, but a bit slow at jump-jetting. I can land where
I want, but never can land a shot firing from middair. Argh.
Wait- that's not entirely true- I think it was a timely middair
disc that slayed the Mighty IcyHot one day! Egad, that seems to
be eons ago.

> Put the toy down and get a PC. ;)

I HAVE a PC, you silly arse! And you know it full well. ;)

A rather skookum unit, if I do say so meself. Hmpfh! But
it does lack a purple case, still...........................

--
>^,,^< Miracle
Related resources
March 20, 2005 7:10:45 PM

Dear Bob I wrote a book! Sorry.

Um, not really.

:D

I wrote, a short while ago,

> How odd, I have thought that there were quite a few blacks who
> called London (or other parts of England) their home. Perhaps the news
blah blah blah................................................
Anonymous
March 20, 2005 8:11:29 PM

"Mr K" <duffstuff@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 11:11:14 +0000 (UTC), Adrian Ng wrote:
> <wesley Snip>
> Enjoy Tunisia. Don't forget to show photos when you get back. :)

I will bring the SLR

Now lets talk about cameras for a good 40 posts.
March 20, 2005 8:11:30 PM

Adrian Ng wrote:
> "Mr K" <duffstuff@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 11:11:14 +0000 (UTC), Adrian Ng wrote:
>> <wesley Snip>
>> Enjoy Tunisia. Don't forget to show photos when you get back. :)
>>

> I will bring the SLR
>
> Now lets talk about cameras for a good 40 posts.

Okay, SLRs or digital? I have both. :)

--
>^,,^< Miracle
Anonymous
March 20, 2005 9:09:23 PM

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 17:11:29 +0000 (UTC), Adrian Ng wrote:

> I will bring the SLR

Laugh at this reminder if you want, but don't forget to load the film. I
cna never forget a customers face when I told him that his camera was
empty...

.... and he'd been to Kenya for a months holiday, taking photos with it.

> Now lets talk about cameras for a good 40 posts.

Ok, if you insist.

--
"There's violence to be done."
R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1(and a half)
Anonymous
March 20, 2005 9:52:47 PM

>^,,^<'s last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body
>were:
> Besides Pokey, who in here still jumps into a game
> of T1? Should I try the simpler original first, to get some
> mad skillz back? I totally dread attempting to install the
> full, wholly updated, new & improved T2.

I still play T1
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 1:52:34 AM

> On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 17:11:29 +0000 (UTC), Adrian Ng wrote:
>
>> I will bring the SLR
>
> Laugh at this reminder if you want,

Ok if you insist.
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 2:18:13 AM

">^,,^<" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote:

> Besides Pokey, who in here still jumps into a game
> of T1?

I do, though I don't know whether or not I count.

> I suppose I should also RTFM about this new laptop- I still
> don't know where to locate some controls.........I mean, WTF is
> the "PRNT SCRN" button, or whatever it's labeled?!?!?

It seems that you meant 'Where the ....'? But doesn't 'WTF' mean 'What the
.....'?
March 21, 2005 2:18:14 AM

Cool Guy wrote:
> ">^,,^<" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote:
>
>> Besides Pokey, who in here still jumps into a game
>> of T1?
>
> I do, though I don't know whether or not I count.

Well hell YES you count! A warm body is a warm target, eh?

Why do suppose you don't count? Are you Corky?

>> I suppose I should also RTFM about this new laptop- I still
>> don't know where to locate some controls.........I mean, WTF is
>> the "PRNT SCRN" button, or whatever it's labeled?!?!?
>
> It seems that you meant 'Where the ....'? But doesn't 'WTF' mean
> 'What the ....'?

Normally, yes, but I take many liberties in Usenet. It was I, afterall,
who coined our now much used "TOT" to denote "Totally Off Topic".

I never could decide if "OT" meant On or Off topic, so I created
an acronym *I* understood.
Wait'll I get nearer 60 years old- I'm going to be a holy f00king
terror, I'll wager.................

--
>^,,^< Miracle, a lifetime [LD], DkAngel
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 2:21:01 AM

Cool Guy's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body
were:
>> I suppose I should also RTFM about this new laptop- I still
>> don't know where to locate some controls.........I mean, WTF is
>> the "PRNT SCRN" button, or whatever it's labeled?!?!?
> It seems that you meant 'Where the ....'? But doesn't 'WTF' mean 'What the
> ....'?

It usually means what, but can vary depending on context (cant remember
where I read that).
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 3:28:48 AM

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 16:07:08 -0700, >^,,^< wrote:

> Okay, SLRs or digital? I have both. :)

Digital or bellows? I have both. ;)

--
"There's violence to be done."
R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1(and a half)
March 21, 2005 3:28:49 AM

Mr K wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 16:07:08 -0700, >^,,^< wrote:
>
>> Okay, SLRs or digital? I have both. :)
>
> Digital or bellows? I have both. ;)

<yet another tell-tale gasp> Bellows!!!!

These beauties aren't just practical tools, they're
works of art to me. I've never had the opportunity
to acquire one, but perhaps one day.......

--
>^,,^< Miracle
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 3:39:31 AM

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 16:05:45 -0700, >^,,^< wrote:

> I'm very accurate, but a bit slow at jump-jetting. I can land where
> I want, but never can land a shot firing from middair. Argh.

In T2, I got quite average with the disclauncher (once I'd got my DSL). In
T1, it's a different beast entirely, but I'm beginning to rediscover my
old T1 habits... such as lurking in the CC, wombling around a base with
the plasmagun/repair pack ready, etc.

> Wait- that's not entirely true- I think it was a timely middair
> disc that slayed the Mighty IcyHot one day! Egad, that seems to
> be eons ago.

I used to think I'd got the disclauncher in T2 figured... then I joined a
server that old SL83 was on.

I've just about recovered from the experience, but the memories still
haunt me.

> I HAVE a PC, you silly arse! And you know it full well. ;)

"You silly arse"? Methinks you've been watching "Ray Alan and Lord
Charles" once too often.

> A rather skookum unit, if I do say so meself. Hmpfh! But
> it does lack a purple case, still...........................

Mine lacks sides. :)

--
"There's violence to be done."
R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1(and a half)
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 4:08:47 AM

">^,,^<" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in message
> Wait'll I get nearer 60 years old- I'm going to be a holy f00king
> terror, I'll wager.................
>
> --
>>^,,^< Miracle, a lifetime [LD], DkAngel

omg f00king is the best word ever!
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 2:37:24 PM

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 23:52:30 -0700, >^,,^< wrote:

> <yet another tell-tale gasp> Bellows!!!!
>
> These beauties aren't just practical tools, they're
> works of art to me.

Some are even useable... still. :)

> I've never had the opportunity to acquire one, but perhaps one
> day.......

It's almost a year since I started collecting such cameras, and have
acquired 19 to date. Antique fairs are as good a place as any to start. :)

--
"There's violence to be done."
R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1(and a half)
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 7:59:43 PM

">^,,^<" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote:

> Are you Corky?

The guy with the nice shot? Nah.
March 22, 2005 10:41:22 PM

Mr K wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 16:05:45 -0700, >^,,^< wrote:
>> I HAVE a PC, you silly arse! And you know it full well. ;)
>
> "You silly arse"? Methinks you've been watching "Ray Alan and Lord
> Charles" once too often.

Not at all- if I'm not mistaken, it's a newfound love of the word
"arse" from a quip you made, something about you "couldn't be
arsed to do......" something or other. :D

>> A rather skookum unit, if I do say so meself. Hmpfh! But
>> it does lack a purple case, still...........................
>
> Mine lacks sides. :)

Ditto, natch. I'm a huge fan of "custom cooling", especially when
it concerns expensive video cards.

--
{{{{{HUGZ!}}}}}
>^,,^< Miracle
March 22, 2005 11:00:40 PM

Adrian Ng wrote:
> ">^,,^<" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in message
>> Wait'll I get nearer 60 years old- I'm going to be a holy f00king
>> terror, I'll wager.................
>>
>> --
>>> ^,,^< Miracle, a lifetime [LD], DkAngel
>>

> omg f00king is the best word ever!

Well there ya go, another "Miracle-ism". Spread it around
and use it freely!

--
>^,,^< Miracle
March 23, 2005 1:33:22 AM

I tapped out, earlier:

> Frank, there is no key on this labeled as such. Yes, I notice the
> subcharacters and such in blue, and I even see what appears to be
> a numpad labeled thusly on the right side of the keyboard.
> But no "PrtSc".

Okay, okay, just remember that one day you'll all ask something
*just* as foolish!

I swear to Pete that wasn't there under "insert" on that key until
just now!

--
> ^,,^< Miracle, a lifetime [LD], DkAngel, with a red face
Anonymous
March 23, 2005 3:29:04 PM

>I tapped out, earlier:
>
>> Frank, there is no key on this labeled as such. Yes, I notice the
>> subcharacters and such in blue, and I even see what appears to be
>> a numpad labeled thusly on the right side of the keyboard.
>> But no "PrtSc".
>

> Okay, okay, just remember that one day you'll all ask something
> *just* as foolish!
>
> I swear to Pete that wasn't there under "insert" on that key until
> just now!
>
> --
>> ^,,^< Miracle, a lifetime [LD], DkAngel, with a red face

its the MAN trying to screw with you.
March 23, 2005 6:14:29 PM

Frank van Schie wrote:
> Do you see a SysRq?

I shall assume you've read my admission. ;)

And yes, SysRq is under the delete key, upper
right corner. :D

--
{{{{{HUGZ!}}}}}
>^,,^< Miracle
Anonymous
March 23, 2005 9:14:49 PM

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 19:41:22 -0700, >^,,^< wrote:

> Not at all- if I'm not mistaken, it's a newfound love of the word
> "arse" from a quip you made, something about you "couldn't be
> arsed to do......" something or other. :D

Ah right.

> Ditto, natch. I'm a huge fan of "custom cooling", especially when
> it concerns expensive video cards.

Nah, the sides are off my PC case simply because I couldn't be ars... ah,
I see what you mean. :)

--
"There's violence to be done."
R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1(and a half)
Anonymous
March 24, 2005 1:10:25 AM

>^,,^< wrote:

> Ditto, natch. I'm a huge fan of "custom cooling", especially when
> it concerns expensive video cards.

I gots me an Aerocool Videomagic VM-101 on my Radeon 9800pro (plenty
'spensive for my liking)

It's a passive heatpipe/heatsink arrangement, it looks fairly cool, it
is (of course) perfectly silent, and it's cooler than Bruce Willis in
Holiday on Ice.

--
Frank
March 24, 2005 1:10:26 AM

Frank van Schie wrote:
>> ^,,^< wrote:
>
>> Ditto, natch. I'm a huge fan of "custom cooling", especially when
>> it concerns expensive video cards.
>
> I gots me an Aerocool Videomagic VM-101 on my Radeon 9800pro (plenty
> 'spensive for my liking)
>
> It's a passive heatpipe/heatsink arrangement, it looks fairly cool, it
> is (of course) perfectly silent, and it's cooler than Bruce Willis in
> Holiday on Ice.

Hmmmm, I'm gonna check this out..................

--
> ^,,^< Miracle, a lifetime [LD], DkAngel
Anonymous
March 24, 2005 2:17:12 AM

>^,,^< wrote:
> Frank van Schie wrote:
>
>>>^,,^< wrote:
>>
>>> Ditto, natch. I'm a huge fan of "custom cooling", especially when
>>>it concerns expensive video cards.
>>
>>I gots me an Aerocool Videomagic VM-101 on my Radeon 9800pro (plenty
>>'spensive for my liking)
>>
>>It's a passive heatpipe/heatsink arrangement, it looks fairly cool, it
>>is (of course) perfectly silent, and it's cooler than Bruce Willis in
>>Holiday on Ice.
>
> Hmmmm, I'm gonna check this out..................

Keep in mind that actually getting the thing on is a bit of a balancing
act, though not as bad as Zalman's solutions.

One other major benefit of the VM-101 is that it's only about 130 grams
(4.6 ounces), as opposed to the half a kilogram (16 ounces/one pound) or
so of the Zalman. I much prefer having the lightweight doohickey pulling
down my card than a weighty behemoth.

Of course, despite my recommendations: it's yer own risk, warranty to
the door, can't help you if you screw up, we do not do refunds, if your
card starts-a-burnin' don't come returnin', and I hereby absolve myself
of any and all responsibility for damage, anger, frustration, in
sickness and in health, either real or perceived, until death do me
part, amen.

--
Frank
--

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 23:17:12 +0100, Frank van Schie wrote:

> Keep in mind that actually getting the thing on is a bit of a balancing
> act, though not as bad as Zalman's solutions.
>
> One other major benefit of the VM-101 is that it's only about 130 grams
> (4.6 ounces), as opposed to the half a kilogram (16 ounces/one pound) or
> so of the Zalman. I much prefer having the lightweight doohickey pulling
> down my card than a weighty behemoth.
>
> Of course, despite my recommendations: it's yer own risk, warranty to
> the door, can't help you if you screw up, we do not do refunds, if your
> card starts-a-burnin' don't come returnin', and I hereby absolve myself
> of any and all responsibility for damage, anger, frustration, in
> sickness and in health, either real or perceived, until death do me
> part, amen.

She could always blame Corky. This time however, she'd have a good reason. :)

--

Frank van Schie wrote:
> Keep in mind that actually getting the thing on is a bit of a
> balancing act, though not as bad as Zalman's solutions.
>
> One other major benefit of the VM-101 is that it's only about 130
> grams (4.6 ounces), as opposed to the half a kilogram (16 ounces/one
> pound) or so of the Zalman. I much prefer having the lightweight
> doohickey pulling down my card than a weighty behemoth.
>
> Of course, despite my recommendations: it's yer own risk, warranty to
> the door, can't help you if you screw up, we do not do refunds, if
> your card starts-a-burnin' don't come returnin', and I hereby absolve
> myself of any and all responsibility for damage, anger, frustration,
> in sickness and in health, either real or perceived, until death do me
> part, amen.
>

> --
> Frank

You missed your calling, Frank, you have the skillz to practice law!

Yes, just looking at this point. If there's one single area that really
interests me, AFA computers go, it's the cooling of vital components.
Well, that and making everything *purple*. Heh.

--
> ^,,^< Miracle, a lifetime [LD], DkAngel
Anonymous
March 24, 2005 2:22:50 AM

Frank van Schie wrote:

> >^,,^< wrote:
>
>> Ditto, natch. I'm a huge fan of "custom cooling", especially when
>> it concerns expensive video cards.
>

> I gots me an Aerocool Videomagic VM-101 on my Radeon 9800pro (plenty
> 'spensive for my liking)
>
> It's a passive heatpipe/heatsink arrangement, it looks fairly cool, it
> is (of course) perfectly silent, and it's cooler than Bruce Willis in
> Holiday on Ice.

And you can see pictures of it:
http://www.aerocool.us/cooler/vga/vm101.htm
Anonymous
March 24, 2005 2:22:51 AM

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 23:22:50 +0100, Frank van Schie wrote:

> And you can see pictures of it:
> http://www.aerocool.us/cooler/vga/vm101.htm

I take it that you have a case with some space inside it?

--
"There's violence to be done."
R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1(and a half)
Anonymous
March 25, 2005 12:15:11 AM

Mr K wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 23:22:50 +0100, Frank van Schie wrote:
>

>>And you can see pictures of it:
>>http://www.aerocool.us/cooler/vga/vm101.htm
>

> I take it that you have a case with some space inside it?

My case has some room, chest. It's a Chieftek... uhm... Matrix or
Dragon. I think a Matrix. Like this:
http://lib1.store.vip.sc5.yahoo.com/lib/directron/knott...

The videocard would be under the purple (!) doohickeys.

To be perfectly safe, I also installed an Enermax variable speed fan
into that lowest purple gizmo, and turned it way down low.
--
Frank
Anonymous

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 21:15:11 +0100, Frank van Schie wrote:

> My case has some room, chest. It's a Chieftek... uhm... Matrix or
> Dragon. I think a Matrix. Like this:
> http://lib1.store.vip.sc5.yahoo.com/lib/directron/knott...

I'm getting cynical in my old age... once you've seen one case, you've
seen them all.

Ymmv, obviously. :)

> The videocard would be under the purple (!) doohickeys.

Ah, someone else who knows how to use the term "doohickeys". :D

> To be perfectly safe, I also installed an Enermax variable speed fan
> into that lowest purple gizmo, and turned it way down low.

You helpdesk people are loaded with technical buzzwords, aren't you?
"Doohickeys", "gizmos", oh my. :)

--
"There's violence to be done."
R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1(and a half)
Anonymous
March 25, 2005 12:37:05 AM

Mr K wrote:

>>My case has some room, chest. It's a Chieftek... uhm... Matrix or
>>Dragon. I think a Matrix. Like this:
>>http://lib1.store.vip.sc5.yahoo.com/lib/directron/knott...
>
> I'm getting cynical in my old age... once you've seen one case, you've
> seen them all.
>
> Ymmv, obviously. :)

My mileage with that thing isn't very high. No aluminium on that baby.
All steel. Weighty.

>>The videocard would be under the purple (!) doohickeys.
>
> Ah, someone else who knows how to use the term "doohickeys". :D

Of course, it's a technical term.

>>To be perfectly safe, I also installed an Enermax variable speed fan
>>into that lowest purple gizmo, and turned it way down low.
>
> You helpdesk people are loaded with technical buzzwords, aren't you?
> "Doohickeys", "gizmos", oh my. :)

obSnark: We adjust ourselves to our audience.

Put the gadget in the doohickey, turn the little thingamabob, turn on
the gizmo, and you're all set.
--
Frank
:-)

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 21:37:05 +0100, Frank van Schie wrote:

> My mileage with that thing isn't very high. No aluminium on that baby.
> All steel. Weighty.

Who cares what it's made of if you're happy with it? :)

> Of course, it's a technical term.

It most certainly is. While I was training for my L&D lvl3 certificate, I
had to translate the I.T. guys conversations from CPU's, HS's, GPU's, RAM,
ROM, HDD's, NIC's into "doohickey"s and "wassit"s for one guy.

The guy must've been impressed by my efforts, as he offered his services
(he's a health and safety officer, amongst many things) long after he left
for his new job (to the tune of "If there's owt y'want lad, just gi's a
bell... I'm only down't'road from yer").

> obSnark: We adjust ourselves to our audience.

Good call. :)

> Put the gadget in the doohickey, turn the little thingamabob, turn on
> the gizmo, and you're all set.

"Plug t'kettle lead in, press t'wassit and listen t'crop-sprayer fire up."

Not my words either. :)

--

Frank van Schie wrote:
> Mr K wrote:
>
>>> My case has some room, chest. It's a Chieftek... uhm... Matrix or
>>> Dragon. I think a Matrix. Like this:
>>> http://lib1.store.vip.sc5.yahoo.com/lib/directron/knott...
>>
>> I'm getting cynical in my old age... once you've seen one case,
>> you've seen them all.
>>
>> Ymmv, obviously. :)
>
> My mileage with that thing isn't very high. No aluminium on that baby.
> All steel. Weighty.
>
>>> The videocard would be under the purple (!) doohickeys.
>>
>> Ah, someone else who knows how to use the term "doohickeys". :D
>
> Of course, it's a technical term.
>
>>> To be perfectly safe, I also installed an Enermax variable speed fan
>>> into that lowest purple gizmo, and turned it way down low.
>>
>> You helpdesk people are loaded with technical buzzwords, aren't you?
>> "Doohickeys", "gizmos", oh my. :)
>
> obSnark: We adjust ourselves to our audience.
>
> Put the gadget in the doohickey, turn the little thingamabob, turn on
> the gizmo, and you're all set.

You sure talk like an American..........................

;)

--
> ^,,^< Miracle, a lifetime [LD], DkAngel
March 25, 2005 12:37:07 AM

Mr K wrote, snipped muchly:
> The guy must've been impressed by my efforts, as he offered his
> services (he's a health and safety officer, amongst many things) long
> after he left for his new job (to the tune of "If there's owt y'want
> lad, just gi's a bell... I'm only down't'road from yer").
>
> "Plug t'kettle lead in, press t'wassit and listen t'crop-sprayer fire
> up."
>
> Not my words either. :)

If you ever want to make me happy for a month or longer,
just get a cassette recorder and read the above into it, along
with your natural voice, and any friends who would be so kind
as to contribute.
Then mail that puppy to me so I can *hear* it.

You know, I've thought about this a lot lately: I've always
used my full name (Miracle Smith) allover Usenet, and the
fact that I live in Yuma, Arizona. So, just how easy can I make
it for some nutjob to find me? REAL easy:

Miracle Smith
14377 Marta De Fortuna East
Yuma, AZ 85367-7509

But I'm not looking for nutcases, as there are a gracious plenty
here in Yuma County already. And besides, I have guns and dogs
and don't worry about some idiot wanting to find out what calibre
the ammo is.

So, all that being said, should I be on the lookout for overseas
mail?

:-D

--
>^,,^< Miracle, twisting an arm ever so gently
Anonymous
March 25, 2005 1:51:41 AM

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 15:39:44 -0700, >^,,^< wrote:

> If you ever want to make me happy for a month or longer,
> just get a cassette recorder and read the above into it, along
> with your natural voice, and any friends who would be so kind
> as to contribute.
> Then mail that puppy to me so I can *hear* it.

If tha wants an email of it, just let me know. :)

(yeah, the spamtrap is sometimes skimmed/read)

> You know, I've thought about this a lot lately: I've always
> used my full name (Miracle Smith) allover Usenet, and the
> fact that I live in Yuma, Arizona. So, just how easy can I make
> it for some nutjob to find me? REAL easy:

[Snip - sorry, morals kicked in]

> But I'm not looking for nutcases, as there are a gracious plenty
> here in Yuma County already. And besides, I have guns and dogs
> and don't worry about some idiot wanting to find out what calibre
> the ammo is.

http://www.annotatedmst.com/episodes/giantspiderinvasio...

Any relation? ;)

> So, all that being said, should I be on the lookout for overseas
> mail?

Dunno, ask yer postman.

--
"There's violence to be done."
R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1(and a half)
March 25, 2005 1:51:42 AM

Mr K wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 15:39:44 -0700, >^,,^< wrote:
>
>> If you ever want to make me happy for a month or longer,
>> just get a cassette recorder and read the above into it, along
>> with your natural voice, and any friends who would be so kind
>> as to contribute.
>> Then mail that puppy to me so I can *hear* it.
>
> If tha wants an email of it, just let me know. :)
>
> (yeah, the spamtrap is sometimes skimmed/read)

<leaps into the air, waving arms frantically>

SEND IT TO ME, BABY:

miracle@spamcop.net
miracle@spamcop.net
miracle@spamcop.net
miracle@spamcop.net
miracle@spamcop.net
miracle@spamcop.net

>> You know, I've thought about this a lot lately: I've always
>> used my full name (Miracle Smith) allover Usenet, and the
>> fact that I live in Yuma, Arizona. So, just how easy can I make
>> it for some nutjob to find me? REAL easy:
>
> [Snip - sorry, morals kicked in]

Gamers have morals?!?!?! ;)

> http://www.annotatedmst.com/episodes/giantspiderinvasio...
>
> Any relation? ;)

Looks like me! (Well, in another 30 years or more)

>> So, all that being said, should I be on the lookout for overseas
>> mail?
>
> Dunno, ask yer postman.

AUGH! That's NOT an answer!

--
{{{{{HUGZ!}}}}}
>^,,^< Miracle
Anonymous
March 25, 2005 2:16:04 AM

>^,,^< wrote:

>>>You helpdesk people are loaded with technical buzzwords, aren't you?
>>>"Doohickeys", "gizmos", oh my. :)
>>
>>obSnark: We adjust ourselves to our audience.
>>
>>Put the gadget in the doohickey, turn the little thingamabob, turn on
>>the gizmo, and you're all set.
>
> You sure talk like an American..........................
>
> ;)

Hey, I learned English from (American) TV. Miami Vice and McGyver taught
me everything I needed to know.

--
Frank
More of a McGyver fan than Miami Vice, though.

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 23:16:04 +0100, Frank van Schie wrote:

> Hey, I learned English from (American) TV. Miami Vice and McGyver taught
> me everything I needed to know.

You poor unlucky bugger. :(

--

Frank van Schie wrote:
>> ^,,^< wrote:
>> You sure talk like an American..........................
>>
>> ;)
>
> Hey, I learned English from (American) TV. Miami Vice and McGyver
> taught me everything I needed to know.

You can't go wrong with McGyver. I never understand
why all the good shows are cancelled.

--
> ^,,^< Miracle, a lifetime [LD], DkAngel
Anonymous
March 25, 2005 2:31:44 AM

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 16:17:29 -0700, >^,,^< wrote:

> <leaps into the air, waving arms frantically>

By 'eck, I were warned of women that suddenly become active when they
want.

> SEND IT TO ME, BABY:

[Snip - morals again (yeah, so they aren't around when I brandish Corkys
email address... so sue me)]

Pucker up baby :D

> Gamers have morals?!?!?! ;)

This one does.

.... and given my past history of Windows, be thankful. ;)

> Looks like me! (Well, in another 30 years or more)

Thou art Granny Clampett (in about 30 years) aicmfp.

> AUGH! That's NOT an answer!

'tis.

--
Mr K, planning to sober up first.
"There's violence to be done."
R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1(and a half)
March 25, 2005 2:31:45 AM

Mr K wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 16:17:29 -0700, >^,,^< wrote:
>
>> <leaps into the air, waving arms frantically>
>
> By 'eck, I were warned of women that suddenly become active when they
> want.
>
>> SEND IT TO ME, BABY:
>
> [Snip - morals again (yeah, so they aren't around when I brandish
> Corkys email address... so sue me)]

No no, it's quite all right- my spamcop addy is my bullet-proof
safe for all spam and such. I'll answer you back using my ISP addy.

Oh, and wasn't that cdnews@comcast.net.?

> Pucker up baby :D

Besides striking me terribly funny, and thus setting off gales of
giggles,
this simple sentence just gave me hope! Hope for voice mail of any sort,
but "hope" nonetheless. w00t!

>> Gamers have morals?!?!?! ;)
>
> This one does.

Me, too, or Icy wouldn't let me play with "the big boys".

Cheating and such at video games is so "kindergarten".

> ... and given my past history of Windows, be thankful. ;)
>
>> Looks like me! (Well, in another 30 years or more)
>
> Thou art Granny Clampett (in about 30 years) aicmfp.

Just as the Stella might be affecting you, the fever has addled
me wee brain.....
As If....................CMFP. Damn, no go right now.

--
Mr K, planning to sober up first.

Ah yes, the Stellas indeed. Well, I'm happy. :)

--
{{{{{HUGZ!}}}}} & what can I send you?
>^,,^< Miracle
Anonymous
March 25, 2005 2:56:54 AM

>^,,^< wrote:
> If you ever want to make me happy for a month or longer,
> just get a cassette recorder and read the above into it, along
> with your natural voice, and any friends who would be so kind
> as to contribute.
> Then mail that puppy to me so I can *hear* it.

Y'know, this is why god invented Skype?

Or even the Windows Sound recorder.

:-)
--
Frank
Anonymous

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 00:48:25 +0100, Frank van Schie wrote:

> Why? It rocks!

I hate it. Possibly because of the companys past history of spyware etc,
possibly because I like my freedom/anonimity.

> It's that thing that Linux doesn't have. The sound recorder. It...
> records sound.

Oh... Audacity.

--
"There's violence to be done."
R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1(and a half)
Anonymous
March 25, 2005 3:02:24 AM

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 16:49:21 -0700, >^,,^< wrote:

> Dang, what's a person gotta *do*?!?!?!?!? Beg?

Mmmm...

--
"There's violence to be done."
R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1(and a half)
Anonymous
March 25, 2005 3:47:21 AM

>^,,^< wrote:
>>[Snip - sorry, morals kicked in]
>
> Gamers have morals?!?!?! ;)

Sure we do! Like:
"Don't shoot a man when he's down."

("Take out your knife and stab him in the back; saves ammo.")

>>http://www.annotatedmst.com/episodes/giantspiderinvasio...
>>
>>Any relation? ;)
>
> Looks like me! (Well, in another 30 years or more)

Ma Clampett, in our lil' group.

>>> So, all that being said, should I be on the lookout for overseas
>>>mail?
>>
>>Dunno, ask yer postman.
>
> AUGH! That's NOT an answer!

It's a response, innit?
--
Frank
Anonymous

>^,,^< wrote:
> Frank van Schie wrote:
>
>>>^,,^< wrote:
>>> You sure talk like an American..........................
>>>
>>> ;)
>>
>>Hey, I learned English from (American) TV. Miami Vice and McGyver
>>taught me everything I needed to know.
>
> You can't go wrong with McGyver. I never understand
> why all the good shows are cancelled.

I would've liked to see more Firefly.

There's a show that got away with some massive swearing, without getting
marked up in the age bracket. Mainly because they swore in Chinese, of
course; even the red-neck hicks.

Anyway, McGyver had to make way for Col. Jack O'Neill, Stargate SG-1 (in
a whole lotta years). Stargate SG-1 kicks ass.
--
Frank
March 25, 2005 3:50:38 AM

Frank van Schie wrote:

> I would've liked to see more Firefly.
>
> There's a show that got away with some massive swearing, without
> getting marked up in the age bracket. Mainly because they swore in
> Chinese, of course; even the red-neck hicks.
>
> Anyway, McGyver had to make way for Col. Jack O'Neill, Stargate SG-1
> (in a whole lotta years). Stargate SG-1 kicks ass.

Yes, it's good, too. Do you get the Sci-Fi Network? Lot's
of okay-to-great stuff on there.

--
!