Mouse more sensitive in xp

Tags:
  • Configuration
  • Mice
  • Pointer
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
August 17, 2010 5:57:27 AM

I would like to make my mouse more sensitive in xp pro. I have the pointer speed turned up to the max. I have also looked into changing the smooth mouse curve x and y in the regedit; however, it looks like this only has to do with how fast the pointer accelerates not with how much territory it covers. I would like to change mine so that a smaller movement of the mouse covers more of the display. would changing these values do that? thanks for the help. (it is an HP mouse)

More about : mouse sensitive

Best solution

August 17, 2010 7:05:17 PM

There is company in the United States, actually California, named Fry's that has a good selection of genuine laser mice (not just "optical" but laser). These mice have very high resolutions starting at over 1,000 DPI.
Some are priced at around $10 US.
These mice are unique in that they work on a variety of surfaces, clear glass, books, your leg, just about any surface and because the resolution is so high, you'll be setting your mouse properties to slow the thing down.

http://www.frys.com/search?search_type=regular&sqxts=1&...
August 18, 2010 2:01:59 AM

ok I will check it out thanks
m
l
Related resources
August 24, 2010 2:38:08 AM

@Tigsounds new $10 1600dip laser mouse came today. It feel like a new world. My hands and wrist are thanking me. thanks!
m
l
August 24, 2010 2:38:28 AM

Best answer selected by fallingdog.
m
l
August 24, 2010 4:22:04 AM

fallingdog said:
@Tigsounds new $10 1600dip laser mouse came today. It feel like a new world. My hands and wrist are thanking me. thanks!
I'm amazed they sell those things so cheap. The way they work is just almost too good to be true.

Glad you like it, I like mine too, and Thanx for the vote. :) 

m
l
!