Nvidia 256MB 7200GS work with vista aero?

Just building a system for a friend, just movies and office work, no gaming. Will the 256MB 7200GS run vista fine with 2gb ram? thanks

Edit: I forgot that does it have dvi output? Perhaps the Nvidia 8400gs might be better?
4 answers Last reply
More about nvidia 256mb 7200gs work vista aero
  1. You should be fine runnig Aero with a 7200GS. Aero requires DirectX 9, at least 128MB memory, and a WDDM driver.

I've run Aero using my onboard X1250 video and 128MB shared memory with no problems.
  2. windie said:
    Just building a system for a friend, just movies and office work, no gaming. Will the 256MB 7200GS run vista fine with 2gb ram? thanks

Edit: I forgot that does it have dvi output? Perhaps the Nvidia 8400gs might be better?

my girlfriends notebook runs aero on a 7200GO

so yep go on it! but your friend is not planning to game on that card i hope, because i do it on my notebook (same like my girlfriends ;p only xp on it) and you can play battlefield 2142 but no cod4
  3. Just about any relatively modern card should run Aero and have DVI. Most newer cards have 2x DVI.

-mcg
  4. Thanks for your replies guys, yup strictly no gaming, except the occasional solitare :P
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Windows Vista Nvidia Graphics