Sign in with
Your question

AMD Graphics Driver Problem Messing up my Sims 3

Last response: in Windows Vista
June 24, 2012 9:04:18 AM

Hello,
A while ago I was getting a message that my ATI catalyst graphics driver needed to be updated. I went on their website and followed the examples and downloaded the newest version appropriate to the specs on my computer. I, for the first time since, have tried playing my Sims 3 game and was surprised to see the graphics on it are a mess. I can only assume the two instances are related. I will note that the actions and scrolling are much smoother, but the actual picture itself is broken and chopped into triangles and objects are mashed into eachother. I don't understand what I did wrong and would like to fix the problem, it worked fine until I updated the graphics driver.

Here are my computer specs:
Acer Aspire 5535
Windows Vista Home Basic Service Pack 2
32-bit operating system
Processor: AMD Athlon X2 Dual-Core QL-62
2.00 GHz
2.00GB
a b \ Driver
June 24, 2012 11:41:59 AM

shanbo53 said:
Hello,
A while ago I was getting a message that my ATI catalyst graphics driver needed to be updated. I went on their website and followed the examples and downloaded the newest version appropriate to the specs on my computer. I, for the first time since, have tried playing my Sims 3 game and was surprised to see the graphics on it are a mess. I can only assume the two instances are related. I will note that the actions and scrolling are much smoother, but the actual picture itself is broken and chopped into triangles and objects are mashed into eachother. I don't understand what I did wrong and would like to fix the problem, it worked fine until I updated the graphics driver.

Here are my computer specs:
Acer Aspire 5535
Windows Vista Home Basic Service Pack 2
32-bit operating system
Processor: AMD Athlon X2 Dual-Core QL-62
2.00 GHz
2.00GB

Device Manager: Roll back the Driver.
m
l
June 30, 2012 11:59:44 PM

that button is greyed out and I can't roll back. I have a 3200 series amd and the hot fix on the it website didn't do anything.
m
l
!