Gaming pc's in the $1,000 area?

Hello,
been a good 6-10 years seince i updated my gaming computer in all honesty.. used to play everquest when it came out.. ect ect... noticed i tried to download a game recently and it wouldnt even let me run it because my system is so underpowered.. so heres my question i was looking to switch from ps/xbox over to pc gaming before the new gen systems come out to give pc gaming a real go ouside of my usual mmo flings.. was thinking maybe planetside 2 or something.. anyhow what i was wondering is can i get a good gaming computer that can run any game (no i dont need to see the sweat on a character just want it to be able to run the game smoothly on a mid graphic setting) .. looking to spend in the area of a grand.. built and ready to go.. question is what route to go.. alienware? i was geforce had options to buy comptuer thru them.. just exploring my options and seeing if its even possible to build a good pc that gonna last me another 5-10yrs running anything thats out/ comes out in the grand range .. i have a monitor and a flat screen i use a monitor sometimes.. not to worried about keyboard and mouse as i will prob try things as i see fit for those games like controllers and such.. anyhow any input / links are greatly appreciated sorry for the long message
1 answer Last reply
More about gaming area
  1. ok first of all NEVER USE ALIEN WARE!!! NEVER NEVER NEVER!!! THEY OVER PRICE AND ROB YOU OF ALL YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY!!! Really, just ask me :)
    second here, this might help, there all from Newegg.com
    ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM
    Thermaltake Chaser MK-I (VN300M1W2N) Black SECC ATX Full Tower Computer Case
    Western Digital WD Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
    ASUS M5A78L-M LX PLUS AM3+ AMD 760G Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
    GIGABYTE GV-R787OC-2GD Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video ...
    CORSAIR HX Series HX750 750W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC ...
    Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver Thermal Compound AS5-3.5G - OEM
    CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory
    AMD FX-4300 Vishera 3.8GHz (4.0GHz) Socket AM3+ 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor
    COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus RR-B10-212P-G1 "Heatpipe Direct Contact" Long Life Sleeve 120mm CPU Cooler Compatible with Intel ...
    Here I hope this helps. Questions? PM me! Thankyou and goodbye!
Ask a new question

Read More

Products Gaming