So... did I come out on top?

rochin

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2006
Not a bad deal. I have a similar set up and if I total up the costs it would be about 1400 or so. Plus you got the games so thats a really good deal. Its a new MB so it can be upgraded later, you can add more ram(its cheap). As well the case is good. Enjoy.

cisco

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2004
I would say that's a very good deal if it's in perfect working condition. I agree that the parts alone would run about 1400+ so when you add in the games you made out pretty well.

thunder_57

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2008
ahhaah, thanks a lot guys, I wanted to build my own computer for a long time now, my AMD 3500+ is getting pretty long in the tooth. I knew those parts for that build would run like 1300ish, but I seen it had Vista Ultimate and all those other games, and it pushed me a bit father, plus he did not overclock it at all, and it still has the stock cooler! So I got a different cooler as well. Thanks for the responses guys and reassuring I didn’t screw up on this purchase. All I need to do is score myself a nice monitor!

It comes with all of those games? are they legit? thats a couple hundred dollars just for the games! AND vista ultimate?

Honestly I would be willing to bet the software is stolen...

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
Good deal man,

Vista ultimate in Canada OEM is like $200 alone.
Q6600 = $ 250.
Evga 780i = $250
8800GTX = $450
Antec 900 = $100
4 gigs ram, total guess = $150
PSU, total guess = $100

There $1500 there…. Not counting games

Goto NCIX.com and price it out, great deal.

badgtx1969

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2007

There are 'couriers in Niagara Falls (US)/Lewiston that you can ship your stuff to then they go across the boarder and ship to you - thus beating the damn canadian customs - which by the way has gotten way worse in the last 6 months

thunder_57

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2008
Well got my package today, $287 in boarder fees.

The Bad:
I took out the case and heard clanging.... the CPU fan was right off! two of the clips were broken off and I guess it came lose. There was a fan that came off on the motherboard too.. but it cliped right on, for some reason the Wireless internet card and the GPU card were not even screwed down and came lose as well. The outside case panel is cracked as well. I attached the fan, with the two clips left and it feels pretty snug... but I'll probably wait for the new cooler to come before testing the system.

The Good:
It is indeed the 8800GTX, and motherboard as well, I didn't get a CPU box but I'm assuming it's the Q6600. All the games are intact as well, most of them no opened with the price tags on as well.

The first thing I did was take pictures so I'll post them up soon, I'll probably notify the seller too... I paid an extra $100 for higer speed shipping and insurance. Keep you posted.