PC Game World Picks up the Tribes: Vengeance Deal

http://www.pcgameworld.com/article.php/id/285/

:waves:

Hey guys. Posting off of Google:Groups, so not sure how closely I can
follow this.

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

Stephen SL83 Limowski wrote:
> http://www.pcgameworld.com/article.php/id/285/
>

>> waves:
>
> Hey guys. Posting off of Google:Groups, so not sure how closely I can
> follow this.

Hi, Stephen!!!! HUGZ!

"The stagnant state of gaming must be overcome. Developers must
become independent of the higher-ups. Big business stifles creativity. And
gaming should be about creativity and fun, not sales and profits."

Oh, to be in charge of marketing for the Tribes series!! I KNOW I
could generate a HUGE following if only there were some marketing funds
to lure the kiddies. (Reference my earlier comments re: color books and
such.) Add action figures for the teens & collectors, posters, etc., and
we'd have all the support we'd need pretty soon.

Oh, I'm really irked. Plus the article points out another of my gripes!
"Any game that doesn't follow a tried and true formula (Lets make another
WW2 FPS!) will have a hard time finding a publisher."

GAH. Were f00ked.

--

"Ratz2010" <noSpam@all.com> wrote in message

> "Stephen SL83 Limowski" <slimowski@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> http://www.pcgameworld.com/article.php/id/285/
>>

>> :waves:
>>
>> Hey guys. Posting off of Google:Groups, so not sure how closely I can
>> follow this.
>>

> ya, but the author of the opinion piece states that a patch was released
> when it wasn't. it was the standalone dedicated server. moving from beta

Actually there was a patch required out of the box before you could play.
Hence the version 1.0.1 that we have now. The new patch was labeled 1.1.
This was aside from the stand-alone server screw up which took another week
or so after release to get out.

Quixote

">^,,^<" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in message
> Stephen SL83 Limowski wrote:
>> http://www.pcgameworld.com/article.php/id/285/
>>

>>> waves:
>>
>> Hey guys. Posting off of Google:Groups, so not sure how closely I can
>> follow this.
>

> Hi, Stephen!!!! HUGZ!
>
> "The stagnant state of gaming must be overcome. Developers must
> become independent of the higher-ups. Big business stifles creativity. And
> gaming should be about creativity and fun, not sales and profits."
>
> Oh, to be in charge of marketing for the Tribes series!! I KNOW I
> could generate a HUGE following if only there were some marketing funds
> to lure the kiddies. (Reference my earlier comments re: color books and
> such.) Add action figures for the teens & collectors, posters, etc., and
> we'd have all the support we'd need pretty soon.
>
> Oh, I'm really irked. Plus the article points out another of my gripes!
> "Any game that doesn't follow a tried and true formula (Lets make another
> WW2 FPS!) will have a hard time finding a publisher."
>
> GAH. Were f00ked.

I have been over on http://community.vugames.com/WebX?13@@.efd3668 trying to
dutifully chastise their butts.

Quixote

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

Quixote wrote:
> ">^,,^<" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in message
>> Stephen SL83 Limowski wrote:
>>> http://www.pcgameworld.com/article.php/id/285/

>>> Hey guys. Posting off of Google:Groups, so not sure how closely I
>>> can follow this.
>>

>> Hi, Stephen!!!! HUGZ!
>>
>> "The stagnant state of gaming must be overcome. Developers must
>> become independent of the higher-ups. Big business stifles
>> creativity. And gaming should be about creativity and fun, not sales
>> and profits." Oh, to be in charge of marketing for the Tribes series!! I
>> KNOW I
>> could generate a HUGE following if only there were some marketing
>> funds to lure the kiddies. (Reference my earlier comments re: color
>> books and such.) Add action figures for the teens & collectors,
>> posters, etc., and we'd have all the support we'd need pretty soon.
>>
>> Oh, I'm really irked. Plus the article points out another of my
>> gripes! "Any game that doesn't follow a tried and true formula (Lets
>> make another WW2 FPS!) will have a hard time finding a publisher."
>>
>> GAH. Were f00ked.
>>

> I have been over on http://community.vugames.com/WebX?13@@.efd3668
> trying to dutifully chastise their butts.
>
> Quixote

Dude, a little more energy, and I might join you over there!
I really am tweaked. T:V was something I was *really* looking
forward to getting.
Do all you can, and quote me if needed!!! I'm PISSED OFF
at VUG.

--
{{{{{HUGZ!}}}}}
>^,,^< Miracle

*yawn*

--
[RS]Faramir_agst --- www.fabriceroux.com
Tribes and Paint Shop Pro scripts

> Quixote wrote:
>> ">^,,^<" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in message

>>> Hi, Stephen!!!! HUGZ!
>>>
>>> "The stagnant state of gaming must be overcome. Developers must
>>> become independent of the higher-ups. Big business stifles
>>> creativity. And gaming should be about creativity and fun, not sales
>>> and profits." Oh, to be in charge of marketing for the Tribes series!! I
>>> KNOW I
>>> could generate a HUGE following if only there were some marketing
>>> funds to lure the kiddies. (Reference my earlier comments re: color
>>> books and such.) Add action figures for the teens & collectors,
>>> posters, etc., and we'd have all the support we'd need pretty soon.
>>>
>>> Oh, I'm really irked. Plus the article points out another of my
>>> gripes! "Any game that doesn't follow a tried and true formula (Lets
>>> make another WW2 FPS!) will have a hard time finding a publisher."
>>>
>>> GAH. Were f00ked.
>>>

>> I have been over on http://community.vugames.com/WebX?13@@.efd3668
>> trying to dutifully chastise their butts.
>>
>> Quixote
>

> Dude, a little more energy, and I might join you over there!
> I really am tweaked. T:V was something I was *really* looking
> forward to getting.
> Do all you can, and quote me if needed!!! I'm PISSED OFF
> at VUG.

as far as i know nothing is stopping anyonefrom buying it.

its really cheap and i hear it has a really good single player.

smeghead

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2001

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 14:39:46 -0700, ">^,,^<" <miracle@spamcop.net>
wrote:

>Stephen SL83 Limowski wrote:
>> http://www.pcgameworld.com/article.php/id/285/
>>

>>> waves:
>>
>> Hey guys. Posting off of Google:Groups, so not sure how closely I can
>> follow this.
>

> Hi, Stephen!!!! HUGZ!
>
> "The stagnant state of gaming must be overcome. Developers must
>become independent of the higher-ups. Big business stifles creativity. And
>gaming should be about creativity and fun, not sales and profits."
>
> Oh, to be in charge of marketing for the Tribes series!! I KNOW I
>could generate a HUGE following if only there were some marketing funds
>to lure the kiddies. (Reference my earlier comments re: color books and
>such.) Add action figures for the teens & collectors, posters, etc., and
>we'd have all the support we'd need pretty soon.

I think a feature movie based on Tribes would be awesome. Even a TV
series. How about a CGI cartoon on Saturdays? Anything would be cool.

Get Todd McFarlane to make some Tribes figures.

Imagine how easy it would be to talk some movie studio to make a Movie
based on Tribes 2? Just point out there's plenty of favorable chances
to use quickly cut scenes, exciting music, and the explosions! Oh, the
explosions! Hollywood loves explosions.

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--

">^,,^<" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in news:42470620$1_2
@cosmos.uncensored-news.com:

> 've got a mouth like an alligator.....

Hard to open, easy to close? Nah, that can't be it! ;)

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

ScratchMonkey wrote:
> ">^,,^<" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in news:42470620$1_2
> @cosmos.uncensored-news.com:
>
>> 've got a mouth like an alligator.....
>
> Hard to open, easy to close? Nah, that can't be it! ;)

You know me so well, Scratch!! ROFL

--