Sign in with
Your question

I need the best MATX motherboard with these specific features!

Last response: in Motherboards
June 7, 2008 7:42:38 PM

This is for gaming and price must be under $300:

PCI 2.0 and/or PCI-E 2.0
Has 4 total card slots
accepts 6 to 8 GB of DDR2 memory
June 7, 2008 7:51:04 PM

Possibly:

HD audio & video support
bluetooth
June 7, 2008 7:53:48 PM

The CPU would be an Intel Dual Core 3.0 or above
Related resources
June 7, 2008 8:06:18 PM

are you looking for 4 pcie ports for gaming? i think that is hard to find in the intel platform. i know that in amd there is the msi k9a2 platinum plus an asus mobo that do have four pcie slots
June 7, 2008 8:09:50 PM

Wait till the end of June and get the last board on this page. http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=7775&Itemid=1

This board has 2 PCIe2.0 slots, each will run at 8x when running crossfire and 16x when only using a single card, but remember it's gen2 and therefore has a higher transfer speed thus making 8x quite acceptable. It still has a PCI slot for 1 of those old add in cards that we all seem to have laying about. It also has a 1x express slot for many of those newer little things like sound cards and such. The board can also handle up to 8gigs and maybe even more(but I dunno about that) and it will take any newer LGA775 CPU.

I don't know of any newer MATX boards that have bluetooth built into them. I suppose that it'd be possible but I think you'd need to find an add in card or USB accessory for something like that. The audio that comes on this board is pretty darn good for built in audio and many people don't even notice the difference from this and an add in audio card. The board doesn't have any built in video output, but it's almost always best to use a video card anyway.
!