Mini-PC With Dedicated Graphics?

cmmcnamara

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2007
So my girlfriend is interested in getting a new PC and she really would like a mini PC. She's almost ready to get Aopen's MP965-DR but shes also a photo and video geek, and she's really interested in using this for it. The problem is she wants to get a 24-Inch Apple Display for use of her photo and video stuff, and the resolution is 1920x1200. The MP965-DR uses Intel GMA dedicated graphics and I've heard problems with such a chipset having trouble displaying that resolution as I would expect it would so I was wondering since the Mp965-DR uses mobile components maybe there is anothe mini pc which uses something like a mobile nvidia or ati chip so that she can use her apple display. Any ideas or would I be better off trying to convince her on small for factor desktop built from scratch?

cmmcnamara

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2007
Yea but this thing is the same size as a mac mini, those won't fit in it. And even if you are reffering to notebook cards, the mini PC I'm looking at doesn't have a slot for one. I'm wondering if anyone has experience with GMA and if you can run that resolution without problem or if you know of a mini PC that has dedicated graphics.