user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

Ya gotta love progress, I guess. <sigh>
Stupid laptop has no diskette drive. No fair, the
IBM Ross uses for work has an interchangeable
thingy that allows you to switch back & forth
between CD/DVD or a disk.

Anyway, this means I have to take the diskettes
from the cameras back to my desktop beast so that
I can use the "A" drive. You shoulda seen me when
I grabbed the mouse- you'd have thought someone put
a whole melon in it's place! Damn, it's HUGE. Feels
like a freaking brick, compared to the wee thing I got
for this notebook.

Hmmmm, question: Do they sell the thingies that make
the CD bay a diskette bay? Or am I poop outta luck?
(And what is that called? An Interchangeable Whatzzit?)

Kicking and screaming into the information age,
Miracle

">^,,^<" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in message
> Ya gotta love progress, I guess. <sigh>
> Stupid laptop has no diskette drive. No fair, the
> IBM Ross uses for work has an interchangeable
> thingy that allows you to switch back & forth
> between CD/DVD or a disk.

http://www.pcconnection.com/ProductDetail?sku=275777&SourceID=k22350

BTW, doesn't your camera have USB?

Quixote

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

Quixote wrote:
> http://www.pcconnection.com/ProductDetail?sku=275777&SourceID=k22350

Nice router..........free, eh? Cool, but Good Neighbor Allen
is going to network all my computers for me, for *free*. I just can't
let him in the house until I'm over this flu. It's a bit of a long story,
about trading trash services for computer savvy. :D

> BTW, doesn't your camera have USB?

The newer of the two, yes, but not the older one.

--

> Quixote wrote:
>> http://www.pcconnection.com/ProductDetail?sku=275777&SourceID=k22350
>
> Nice router..........free, eh? Cool, but Good Neighbor Allen
> is going to network all my computers for me, for *free*. I just can't
> let him in the house until I'm over this flu. It's a bit of a long story,
> about trading trash services for computer savvy. :D
>
>> BTW, doesn't your camera have USB?
>
> The newer of the two, yes, but not the older one.

Bah, stupid link... It sent me to a Sandisk memory link. It was supposed to
be a USB floppy drive, $29, specifically for notebooks which don't have one.

Quixote

">^,,^<" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in message
> Quixote wrote:
>> http://www.pcconnection.com/ProductDetail?sku=275777&SourceID=k22350
>
> Nice router..........free, eh? Cool, but Good Neighbor Allen
> is going to network all my computers for me, for *free*. I just can't
> let him in the house until I'm over this flu. It's a bit of a long story,
> about trading trash services for computer savvy. :D
>
>> BTW, doesn't your camera have USB?
>
> The newer of the two, yes, but not the older one.

Keep clicking the link, eventually it does seem to take you to the USB
floppy drive.

Quixote

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

Adrian Ng wrote:
> Your title is funny.
>
> Retotlolatme!

Hey, sounds Italian! LOL

--
/)/)
( °.°)

Miracle

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

Quixote wrote:
> Keep clicking the link, eventually it does seem to take you to the USB
> floppy drive.
>
> Quixote

Odd, but so am I, so I will! ;)

If it's $29, I'll order it tonight! Thank you, sweetheart.

--
> ^,,^< Miracle, a lifetime [LD], DkAngel

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

> Quixote wrote:
>> Keep clicking the link, eventually it does seem to take you to the
>> USB floppy drive.
>>
>> Quixote
>
> Odd, but so am I, so I will! ;)
>
> If it's $29, I'll order it tonight! Thank you, sweetheart.
>
>> ^,,^< Miracle, a lifetime [LD], DkAngel

<eyes long uncensored-news ad attached to her post>

Well *that* pisses me off. Had to ditch the free server
I was using. Damn

Anyway, I did in fact just order one of those neato floppy
drives. That's the strangest link I ever did see, though! LOL

Dude, thanks SO much! I can tote that puppy everywhere
and use it- too cool.

--