Is there a guide to building a computer anywhere?

Shocking

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2008
I can't seem to find it, and I'm sure theres gotta be one here somewhere, it would just be the mother of all things overlooked =p

Basically this will be my 2nd build but I'm unsure of how to say... install more than one HD (2nd one will be a raptor strictly for my games, OS will be on main).

I also want to know if I should like run any programs before I install OS (I hear memtest is a good one?).

Also need to know if I really need a floppy drive (I don't plan on using one permanently in the computer).
And if theres any special guidelines for getting SATA to work (didnt get it to work on this one :()

rockbyter

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2008
head to the library and land a for dummies book. New parts come with instructions enough to get the thing together.

Memtest is good if you are testing new memory only. Just need to give the new hard drive a home in the case, plug it in, format and install games to make it happy.

SATA takes 2 special cables. 1 cable goes from motherboard or data card to drive, the other is a larger power connector. You may need an adapter depending on power supply. Just plug in (gently, easy on the connectors) and turn on. No jumpers or anything to set.