vampm

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2010
Hi all!

I have run sfc scan now (because the startup of win xp was slower than before ( i count the 3 blue bars when xp is loading, and it was increased from 6 to 11) and asks the win xp cd. after the check, I rerun the sfc scannow, to be sure that everything is ok, but asks again for winxp cd (there is still corrupted files?). I run sfc /purgecache, then again scannow to refill the cache, and after i rerun the scannow it still asks for the xin xp cd!!! what is going on here?????

(note that i have win xp pro gr without sp2, after the installation i installed sp2. I re instaled the sp2, rerun the sfc /purgecache , then scannow, and again the scannow and still asks for the win xp cd.)

vampm

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2010
Yes, but I remember that previous scans i made, after the first sfc scan, when i made a second to check that everything was ok, the sfc didn't ask for the cd (of course it was ejected), so i thing that when sfc asks for the cd then something isn't good in the system..

If the sfc scan has completed, the system files should be fine.

There are some other scans you can run to compliment the sfc scan, and help speed up your system.
start-->run-->chkdsk /r

Download ccleaner, and use the registry tool to scan and fix all issues. You may need to run it several times to resolve all the issues.
http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

There is also a malware guide in my signature to remove any traces of infection.

vampm

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2010
The disk is fine, i have check recently and its fine! I considered the registry fix and i have already did it many times in ccleaner and has remove all issues. after all these i made the scans i wrote before.