Sign in with
Your question

Malware problem

Last response: in Windows XP
August 18, 2010 5:45:06 PM

hi everyone
i have a huge problem in my computer. malware doctor got in my cmputer and it wont let me do anything... cant get internet, or go to safe mode or run any programs... does anyone know of a solution to this problem

More about : malware problem

August 18, 2010 6:36:26 PM

calor86pa said:
hi everyone
i have a huge problem in my computer. malware doctor got in my cmputer and it wont let me do anything... cant get internet, or go to safe mode or run any programs... does anyone know of a solution to this problem

Can you raise the Task manager by Control/Shift?Escape? If you can, find the relevant process and click to end it. Then go Start>Run and type msconfig into the Open box and hit Enter. Untick everything except your firewall and AV from the StartUp tab and click Apply then OK. After the restart, tick "Don't show this message again" and hit Enter.

You should now be able to work normally to get scans running but start off in Control Panel>Internet Options>Connection tab>LAN button and make sure there are no ticks in the Proxy settings. Tick "Automatically detect setting" and click Apply then OK your way out.

Now you can get online, download MalwareBytes from http://www.malwarebytes.com - that should clear most of it out but post back if you suspect there's still something in there.

m
l
August 18, 2010 8:37:18 PM

Remove the drive from your computer and connect it to another computer as a slave drive. Download malwarebytes, as noted by saga lout, install it, and update it. Do a scan, but choose to scan the slave drive, not the main (C: ) drive. That should clean up most, if not all of the infection.

Put the hard drive back into your computer, and run through the guide in my signature to make sure it's all cleaned up, and tidy.

m
l
!