Samsung x427m or Motorola v220 or LG1300

Last response: in Network Providers
a b Ô Samsung
January 27, 2005 2:47:54 AM

I would like to switch to Cingular and will need to change phones. I am looking for a simple flip phone. I am most concerned about having good reception. I have heard/read many complaints about the Motorola v220 having bad reception. I know nothing about the LG1300. I am leaning toward the Samsung x427m because of talk/standby time and other simple features. Does anyone have this phone? How is the reception? Any other complaints?

Thanks

January 27, 2005 3:39:14 AM

I used the X427 for a month I liked it allot it got great reception never
missed a call I didnt like that it missed an outside display I have the V220
and the V180 the V220 has been a pain the V180 has been a great phone

"Kathy Mannor via CellPhoneKB.com" <forum@CellPhoneKB.com> wrote in message
> I would like to switch to Cingular and will need to change phones. I am
looking for a simple flip phone. I am most concerned about having good
reception. I have heard/read many complaints about the Motorola v220 having
bad reception. I know nothing about the LG1300. I am leaning toward the
Samsung x427m because of talk/standby time and other simple features. Does
anyone have this phone? How is the reception? Any other complaints?

> Thanks

a b Ô Samsung
January 27, 2005 1:37:08 PM

I would say, get the V180. Best performing low-end phone. It gets awesome
reception and battery lasts forever(a week).

Imran
http://www.mobileisgood.com

"Fester" <raven_wood@homeDOT.com> wrote in message
> I used the X427 for a month I liked it allot it got great reception never
> missed a call I didnt like that it missed an outside display I have the
V220
> and the V180 the V220 has been a pain the V180 has been a great phone
>
> "Kathy Mannor via CellPhoneKB.com" <forum@CellPhoneKB.com> wrote in
message
> > I would like to switch to Cingular and will need to change phones. I am
> looking for a simple flip phone. I am most concerned about having good
> reception. I have heard/read many complaints about the Motorola v220
having
> bad reception. I know nothing about the LG1300. I am leaning toward the
> Samsung x427m because of talk/standby time and other simple features. Does
> anyone have this phone? How is the reception? Any other complaints?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > --

January 28, 2005 8:04:18 AM

Kathy Mannor via CellPhoneKB.com wrote:

> I would like to switch to Cingular and will need to change phones. I am
> looking for a simple flip phone. I am most concerned about having good
> reception. I have heard/read many complaints about the Motorola v220 having
> bad reception. I know nothing about the LG1300. I am leaning toward the
> Samsung x427m because of talk/standby time and other simple features. Does
> anyone have this phone? How is the reception? Any other complaints?

When switching to Cingular I tried both the 427 and a moto (don't know the
number). I switched back to the 427 - the button layout on the moto was
'backwards' to all other phones I used. The reception on the moto was not as
good either. i have friends with a LGs some seem to like them, others don't.
I haven't used one so I have no first hand feel for it.

As to the outside display of the moto (and the speaker phone feature), they
are good. But the 427 also has a limited outside display - an 'activity'
light. Set it in the correct mode and you can see if there is a message on
the screen without opening it; missed call, voice mail, and text message. I
only need to open it to see the time. Oh, yes to see who is calling before I
answer it.
Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
January 28, 2005 8:04:19 AM

Mike Wrote:
> Kathy Mannor via CellPhoneKB.com wrote:
>
> As to the outside display of the moto (and the speaker phone feature),
> they
> are good. But the 427 also has a limited outside display - an
> 'activity'
> light. Set it in the correct mode and you can see if there is a
> message on
> the screen without opening it; missed call, voice mail, and text
> message. I
> only need to open it to see the time. Oh, yes to see who is calling
> before I
> answer it.

What mode is this? I just got this phone and don't know how to use all
of its features.

--
jarofclay73
jarofclay73's Profile: http://cellphoneforums.net/member.php?action=getinfo&us...

jarofclay73 wrote:
> Mike Wrote:
>
>>Kathy Mannor via CellPhoneKB.com wrote:
>>
>>As to the outside display of the moto (and the speaker phone feature),
>>they
>>are good. But the 427 also has a limited outside display - an
>>'activity'
>>light. Set it in the correct mode and you can see if there is a
>>message on
>>the screen without opening it; missed call, voice mail, and text
>>message. I
>>only need to open it to see the time. Oh, yes to see who is calling
>>before I
>>answer it.
>

> What mode is this? I just got this phone and don't know how to use all
> of its features.

Phone settings -> Display Settings -> service light.
Set it to '2', it well blink green every few seconds. When there is a screen
message it blinks red (or orange ) rapidly.

YMMV but it works for me.

mike
January 30, 2005 2:04:06 AM

LOL........I've kept with Moto's because I think all the other mfg's
have their buttons backwards <G>
I've had 5 moto phones over the years, and the "send" and "off"
buttons are always alike.....When I pick up someone elses phone, the
buttons are backwards LOL.......

>When switching to Cingular I tried both the 427 and a moto (don't know the
>number). I switched back to the 427 - the button layout on the moto was
>'backwards' to all other phones I used.
January 30, 2005 2:04:07 AM

Most Motos are indeed backwards compared to most other brands. However all
Motos are not created equal. Even among their models they are not always
the same!

Fred

"RH" <p51d007@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> LOL........I've kept with Moto's because I think all the other mfg's
> have their buttons backwards <G>
> I've had 5 moto phones over the years, and the "send" and "off"
> buttons are always alike.....When I pick up someone elses phone, the
> buttons are backwards LOL.......
>

> >When switching to Cingular I tried both the 427 and a moto (don't know
the
> >number). I switched back to the 427 - the button layout on the moto was
> >'backwards' to all other phones I used.
Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
January 30, 2005 5:06:21 AM

>I've had 5 moto phones over the years, and the "send" and "off"
>buttons are always alike.....

Yup, Backwards!

--
John S.