Has anyone tried syncing with Mozilla Thunderbird?

July 21, 2004 8:43:52 AM

Newbie question.

Has anyone tried syncing with Mozilla Thunderbird? If
so how do you do this?

Thanks in advance
Anonymous
July 21, 2004 7:53:58 PM

John Gustafson wrote:

> Newbie question.
>
> Has anyone tried syncing with Mozilla Thunderbird? If
> so how do you do this?
>
> Thanks in advance

I tried once with a zire 72. Z72 has 2 different conduits, one can only
be active at a time, the Address Book conduit which is for legacy
applications that support the older Address Book application, and the
Contacts conduit. Mozilla supports the older format. So I disabled
Contacts conduit and enabled the Address book conduit. I installed
Mozilla's Palm support and hot synched.

As a greek I have a lot of greek names and addresses in my Palm. They
appeared as arbitary text on Mozilla's Address Book, even though palm
uses greek cp1253, the same code page as Windows.

There is a workaround. Select all addresses from Palm Desktop software
and export them as a vCard. Import this file to Outlook Express and then
import OE addresses to Mozilla Address Book.
Anonymous
December 31, 2004 7:52:18 PM

I was finally able to sync Thunderbird with my Palm. I tried a lot of
combinations before I could get the two to work.

- Install the palmsync.xpi
- Check HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\U. S. Robotics\Palm
Desktop\Addins\ApplicationX
(X-> 1,2..)
The conduit should point to the directory where you have installed
Thunderbird (I install my software to Programs)
Conduit -> C:\Programs\Mozilla\Thunderbird\mozABConduit.dll
- I copied CondMgr.dll, HSAPI.dll from my Palm dir to the Thunderbird
dir (the date stamps were different)
- Open Thunderbird and installed Contat Sidebar Extension
- Restarted Thunderbird
-Tried the hotsync.

The effort is worth the pain. Thunderbird is a great tool - I could
import Outlook Contact .pst data that even Outlook Express was not
pulling in.

Now - how do we get Sunbird to sync with Palm?
Anonymous
January 1, 2005 7:07:54 AM

nagraj.atlur@gmail.com wrote:

> I was finally able to sync Thunderbird with my Palm. I tried a lot of
> combinations before I could get the two to work.
>
> - Install the palmsync.xpi
> - Check HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\U. S. Robotics\Palm
> Desktop\Addins\ApplicationX
> (X-> 1,2..)
> The conduit should point to the directory where you have installed
> Thunderbird (I install my software to Programs)
> Conduit -> C:\Programs\Mozilla\Thunderbird\mozABConduit.dll
> - I copied CondMgr.dll, HSAPI.dll from my Palm dir to the Thunderbird
> dir (the date stamps were different)
> - Open Thunderbird and installed Contat Sidebar Extension
> - Restarted Thunderbird
> -Tried the hotsync.
>
> The effort is worth the pain. Thunderbird is a great tool - I could
> import Outlook Contact .pst data that even Outlook Express was not
> pulling in.
>
> Now - how do we get Sunbird to sync with Palm?

Couldn't you just simply use Palm Mail to do the job? You only need to
specify Eudora as your conduit...

--
Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com