I have a little problem. When I use Juno on my HP it stops responding while
and continue in the Internet. But then come the problem. About a half hour
after I close the Internet Explorer. My machine freezes. I pull the plug
plug it back in and it boots up like nothing happens. I have a dual boot on
this machine. Just put in Linspire about two weeks ago because of this
problem. Juno works fine under Linspire. So I know it is not Juno nor HP so
it has to be with Windows XP. How do I fix?
--
Benedictine Monk

What's Juno? If I bake cookies in my microwave and bake the same cookies
in my built-in oven, I cannot conclude that, since they worked fine in my
oven it's the microwave that's at fault. It's apples and oranges--just like
comparing the way it operates on one OS with the way it operates on the
other. It could be it's not written to work with XP.

Assuming it's software, the programmer writes software to perform on a
certain operating system. However, she can't anticipate every single
combination of operating system, hardware configuration, software installed,
and enduser habits. The same is true of Microsoft, who wrote XP. While I'm
sure they try to make it flexible, it's impossible to guarantee it will work
in all circumstances with all possible setups--or even with most.

"Monk58" wrote:

> I have a little problem. When I use Juno on my HP it stops responding while
> and continue in the Internet. But then come the problem. About a half hour
> after I close the Internet Explorer. My machine freezes. I pull the plug
> plug it back in and it boots up like nothing happens. I have a dual boot on
> this machine. Just put in Linspire about two weeks ago because of this
> problem. Juno works fine under Linspire. So I know it is not Juno nor HP so
> it has to be with Windows XP. How do I fix?
> --
> Benedictine Monk

Juno is my Internet Provider. Now Juno works great in Windows XP in a
laptop. Works fine without many pauses like am getting. Just to write this.
It only hangs up in the desktop.
--
Benedictine Monk

"Kathea Banshou" wrote:

> What's Juno? If I bake cookies in my microwave and bake the same cookies
> in my built-in oven, I cannot conclude that, since they worked fine in my
> oven it's the microwave that's at fault. It's apples and oranges--just like
> comparing the way it operates on one OS with the way it operates on the
> other. It could be it's not written to work with XP.
>
> Assuming it's software, the programmer writes software to perform on a
> certain operating system. However, she can't anticipate every single
> combination of operating system, hardware configuration, software installed,
> and enduser habits. The same is true of Microsoft, who wrote XP. While I'm
> sure they try to make it flexible, it's impossible to guarantee it will work
> in all circumstances with all possible setups--or even with most.
>
> "Monk58" wrote:
>
> > I have a little problem. When I use Juno on my HP it stops responding while
> > and continue in the Internet. But then come the problem. About a half hour
> > after I close the Internet Explorer. My machine freezes. I pull the plug
> > plug it back in and it boots up like nothing happens. I have a dual boot on
> > this machine. Just put in Linspire about two weeks ago because of this
> > problem. Juno works fine under Linspire. So I know it is not Juno nor HP so
> > it has to be with Windows XP. How do I fix?
> > --
> > Benedictine Monk

Have you checked with Juno support to see if they know of any issues?
It may also help others to mention which versions you have of XP, IE and Juno.

--

Brian A. Sesko { MS MVP_Shell/User }
http://basconotw.mvps.org/

Suggested posting do's/don'ts: http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"Monk58" <Monk58@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a little problem. When I use Juno on my HP it stops responding while
> and continue in the Internet. But then come the problem. About a half hour
> after I close the Internet Explorer. My machine freezes. I pull the plug
> plug it back in and it boots up like nothing happens. I have a dual boot on
> this machine. Just put in Linspire about two weeks ago because of this
> problem. Juno works fine under Linspire. So I know it is not Juno nor HP so
> it has to be with Windows XP. How do I fix?
> --
> Benedictine Monk

Malke

Monk58 wrote:

> Juno is my Internet Provider. Now Juno works great in Windows XP in a
> laptop. Works fine without many pauses like am getting. Just to write
> this. It only hangs up in the desktop.

1. Uninstall/reinstall Juno's software. Make sure you have the latest
version.

2. Check for viruses/malware:

3. If machine is clean and Steps 1 and 2 don't help, look to the modem
as a possible problem. Look in Device Manager for problems, check Event
Viewer for clues, and finally you can try swapping out the modem for a
known-working one. Before you swap out the modem, try a different cable
to the phone jack first.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

I have been contacting Juno for over 6 months. I am now using Linspire to
write to you for if I am in Windows XP on this same machine I freeze within a
half hour when on the Internet. So I know that the Juno version is the same
on all my machines. So I am coming to the mind that it must be that a file
or two in Windows XP has that does what ever it does to make the Internet
happen in my machine is corrupted. Now what are those files and can i copy
the good ones from the laptop and put them on top of the others in the
desktop.
--
Benedictine Monk

"Brian A." wrote:

> Have you checked with Juno support to see if they know of any issues?
> It may also help others to mention which versions you have of XP, IE and Juno.
>
> --
>
> Brian A. Sesko { MS MVP_Shell/User }
> http://basconotw.mvps.org/
>
> Suggested posting do's/don'ts: http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>

> "Monk58" <Monk58@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a little problem. When I use Juno on my HP it stops responding while
> > and continue in the Internet. But then come the problem. About a half hour
> > after I close the Internet Explorer. My machine freezes. I pull the plug
> > plug it back in and it boots up like nothing happens. I have a dual boot on
> > this machine. Just put in Linspire about two weeks ago because of this
> > problem. Juno works fine under Linspire. So I know it is not Juno nor HP so
> > it has to be with Windows XP. How do I fix?
> > --
> > Benedictine Monk

Malke

Monk58 wrote:

> I have been contacting Juno for over 6 months. I am now using
> Linspire to write to you for if I am in Windows XP on this same
> machine I freeze within a
> half hour when on the Internet. So I know that the Juno version is
> the same
> on all my machines. So I am coming to the mind that it must be that a
> file
> or two in Windows XP has that does what ever it does to make the
> Internet
> happen in my machine is corrupted. Now what are those files and can i
> copy the good ones from the laptop and put them on top of the others
> in the desktop.

Since you know the hardware is good, follow the malware removal steps
from my earlier post.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
"Don't Panic!"
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

Tried that did not work. Hoping that the Microsoft OneCare thingy might help
out.
--
Benedictine Monk