Sign in with
Your question

Error control critical for drivers

Last response: in Windows Vista
July 2, 2012 5:33:00 AM

I ran across a similar thread from another user on here, but I was not able to relate exactly or get a clear answer. Anyway, something is going horribly wrong with my computer. It's running hellaciously slow. I decided that I was going to wipe the slate clean, so I did a backup of everything I wanted to keep but my videos that I desperate want and need are unable to be saved all of a sudden and that they are "missing components" then, I'm assuming the driver to my speakers/sound card went bad - because I am unable to access audio. It just says No audio output installed now. I tried updating drivers, but I've been having a hard time with that. I went into system information and have been seeing things that are concerning to me and I need to know how bad of a problem this is, if it can be fixed and where I can look to figure out how to go about fixing them. My drivers in System Information, I have 25 System Drivers in "Critical" conditon and 19 that are in "ignore" status.

I was reading on other threads on how to fix the "no audio output" problem and I see a lot of Legacy Driver talk... Going down my Signed Drivers list, I have a bunch that are from Legacy but every one of them say "Not Available" Is this why my speakers no longer work? **I just figured out how to locate where my Soundcard is on the driver list and nothing shows up for my soundcard. I've had this computer for 5 years and I've always had sound, it just all of a sudden doesn't work. What happened to my soundcard??**

Why are my drivers in critical condition? Is this badly affecting my computer? Where can I be guided to help me learn how to start fixing these issues?

My biggest question of all, how do I save drivers to reinstall after I wipe my computer clean back to near-factory emptiness?? Help if you can! It would be greatly appreciated!!!
a b \ Driver
July 2, 2012 9:25:02 AM

Khalbritter said:
I ran across a similar thread from another user on here, but I was not able to relate exactly or get a clear answer. Anyway, something is going horribly wrong with my computer. It's running hellaciously slow. I decided that I was going to wipe the slate clean, so I did a backup of everything I wanted to keep but my videos that I desperate want and need are unable to be saved all of a sudden and that they are "missing components" then, I'm assuming the driver to my speakers/sound card went bad - because I am unable to access audio. It just says No audio output installed now. I tried updating drivers, but I've been having a hard time with that. I went into system information and have been seeing things that are concerning to me and I need to know how bad of a problem this is, if it can be fixed and where I can look to figure out how to go about fixing them. My drivers in System Information, I have 25 System Drivers in "Critical" conditon and 19 that are in "ignore" status.

I was reading on other threads on how to fix the "no audio output" problem and I see a lot of Legacy Driver talk... Going down my Signed Drivers list, I have a bunch that are from Legacy but every one of them say "Not Available" Is this why my speakers no longer work? **I just figured out how to locate where my Soundcard is on the driver list and nothing shows up for my soundcard. I've had this computer for 5 years and I've always had sound, it just all of a sudden doesn't work. What happened to my soundcard??**

Why are my drivers in critical condition? Is this badly affecting my computer? Where can I be guided to help me learn how to start fixing these issues?

My biggest question of all, how do I save drivers to reinstall after I wipe my computer clean back to near-factory emptiness?? Help if you can! It would be greatly appreciated!!!

You must have picked up a serious virus to have that many things go bad. If you have not wiped the disk clean and reinstalled, suggest you use something like Kapersky Rescue CD (or USB) to boot from and check for viruses. Or use the Vista startup repair options to see if that helps. Otherwise, clean install to a new hard drive, is best thing to do.
m
l
July 2, 2012 9:10:23 PM

I figured that would be the best response... that was my original plan, to wipe this piece of garbage clean. Still, I need to figure out how to rescue my videos before deletion and figure out how to save my functional drivers. -sigh- Gotta figure out what happened to my soundcard too. It just up and disappeared from the list, as if there aren't any installed.
m
l
!