Sign in with
Your question

Why i cant install xp when i have windows 7

Last response: in Windows XP
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
August 18, 2010 8:04:54 PM

Hello,
I have a big problem, i installed Windows 7 on a friends computer without any driver(because the drivers work only on Win 2000 and XP). He doest have internet connexion. I want to install Win XP, then install his drivers, but when i restart the CD won't boot,(I had done that to select the CD 1st option and HDD 2nd)
What can i do now? I can't install XP now, and on Win 7 i can't install any driver. HEELP !

More about : install windows

a b $ Windows 7
August 18, 2010 8:14:53 PM

If the Windows DVD booted but the XP CD won't then there must be something wrong with the CD. It is a genuine Microsoft CD?
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
August 18, 2010 8:30:22 PM

Disable all boot devices, except for the CD/DVD drive in the BIOS. Use a few drops of water and a soft cloth to clean the XP disc. Then try booting off the disc.
m
l
Related resources
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
August 19, 2010 10:05:34 AM

the CD is clean, but it says that i can't install XP because i have Win 7, and i cant install drivers on win7...And i had tryed to disable all in the BIOS(without CD), and it doesnt work..
m
l
October 7, 2011 12:25:05 PM

Mostly it's unavailable to install Windows XP after Windows 7 because it's a huge propability that errors may occur, such as " Disk boot fail" Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart, your Boot Manager will not be able to boot Windows XP, etc. I spend all night in order to figure that out and the results was failure all the time. But I found an even easier way to do it but it will cost you a HDD format.
Follow these few steps and I hope they will help you.

1) Format your C: HDD
2) Split the C: HDD into 2 partitions.
3) On the first partition install Windows XP.
4) On the second partition install Windows 7, since the Boot Manager is much newer than that of Windows XP.
5) When you manage to do these, whenever you will boot your PC, the Boot Manager will show you 2 options:

Older version of windows (which is windows xp)
Windows 7

so now you can choose which windows you will operate.
It worked for me so I think it will also work for you.

Pratik Brahmapurkar

pbrahmapurkar@gmail.com
m
l
a c 229 $ Windows 7
October 7, 2011 3:16:33 PM

pratikpb said:
Mostly it's unavailable to install Windows XP after Windows 7 because it's a huge propability that errors may occur, such as " Disk boot fail" Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart, your Boot Manager will not be able to boot Windows XP, etc. I spend all night in order to figure that out and the results was failure all the time.

That's because Microsoft states when dual booting, the oldest OS must be installed before the newer OS. It has always been this way with microsoft OS's. The XP loader doesn't know how to load 7 because it's newer (thus the disk boot fail error). The win 7 loader does however know how to load XP.
m
l
!