DX48BT2 unsuccessful post attempt(s)

eggman_X

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2008
hi!

When i turn on the pc my INTEL DX48BT2 always gives this error message ( after the first screens, before booting the OS ):

<<

The system BIOS has detected unsuccessful POST attempt(s).
Possible causes include recent changes to BIOS Performance options or recent hardware changes.

Press 'Y' to enter BIOS Setup or press 'N' to cancel and attempt to boot with previous settings.

>>

It's very annoying becouse everytime I have to press 'N' and pc is rebooted, then it starts correctly....

I'm almost sure this issue started when I updated the BIOS to 'BTX3810J.86A'.

--------------------------------------------------

IF I DISABLE " SAFEWATCHDOG " FROM THE BIOS, obviously the error message is not displayed BUT the OS doesn't boot at all and the monitor doesn't recive more signal and go to stand-by...
This doesn't happen everytime, sometimes the pc starts correctly.....

My PC:

os- Win XP sp3

cpu-Q9300

mb-DX48BT2

gc- nvidia GeForce9800gtx 512MBgddr3

ram- 2GB ddr3 1333mhz (dual channel 2x1gb)

please help me:
WHY THE ERROR MESSAGE IS DISPLAYED?
WHY IF I "DISABLE SAFEWATCHDOG" THE PC RARELY STARTS CORRECTLY?
WHAT CAN I DO?

-thanks

Rodger

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2008
I have the same problem. Config is Q9300 + 4x2GB OCZ 1333MHz 7-7-7 memory. First try was with original BIOS and 4 modules. 3 beeps, memory issue. Second try was 2 modules in pair. Still 3 beeps. After that I decided to update to the latest BIOS. After that 2 modules worked "fine" in pairs. 3 modules also work, but 4 won't post.

Even with one module the machine reboots at random. I think it has to do with the poor memory support. I also noticed the voltage not being correctly set. 1.5v but OCZ states 1.8 on their website. At this moment I am testing with 1 module at 1.82V and at this moment the installation still runs...

I hope Intel will update the BIOS again soon. I really wanted to run 8GB's of RAM which should work on 1333MHz.

And in reaction to the previous post. Yes, I also have those numbers displayed on the lower right before OS boot.

G

I also have the same problem! Q9450 + 2x2GB Corsair DDR3 + latest BIOS + Radeon X1950XTX. Some USB problems as well

VSTi

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2008
hello from italy (sorry for my english)

I want to bring my testimony

I had the same problem with the DX48BT2 "unsuccessful post attempt (s)..."

I have NOT Corsair, my RAM is :

4 GB G . S K I L L DDR3-1600 (F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ)

CPU QX9650

I have 2 hard disk SATA (1 TB Hitachi , 320 GB Western Digital whit windows xp professional)

I installed the latest bios: BTX3810J.86A.1814.EB.EXE

Everything works fine now! Super !

I've been through this forum how to solve my problem, thanks to all

bkastel1

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
Hello to all,

i also have the same problem with this board. I have a Geil 2 x 1GB 1333MHz RAM and QX9770 proc. This setup worked fine for about a week the i started getting this error. I just hit the "N" and it started normally. I have the latest bios 1902. Then i droped down the RAM clock to 1066 MHz and now it works. But this is not really the solution i was hoping for. Are there any news about this problem?

Thanks to all,

Borut

bkastel1

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
Hello to all,

i also have the same problem with this board. I have a Geil 2 x 1GB 1333MHz RAM and QX9770 proc. This setup worked fine for about a week the i started getting this error. I just hit the "N" and it started normally. I have the latest bios 1902. Then i droped down the RAM clock to 1066 MHz and now it works. But this is not really the solution i was hoping for. Are there any news about this problem?

Thanks to all,

Borut

blaze2210

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
I know it's an old thread, but:
I just went through the same issue with my DX48BT2 while trying to get Windows 7 installed (64-bit).....It seems like there's an issue with the BIOS. What I did to fix it was I re-flashed the BIOS with the newest version from Intel's site, even though I was already using the current BIOS version. After the re-flash, everything worked perfectly fine....