HailHorror

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2009
I'll just admit right off the bat that I'm new to this, hah... :sweat:

I have an Intel E2160 currently O/C'd @ 2.99 ghz and I'd like to know how to get it up to about 3.4 to 3.6. Since my mobo is an ASRock G31M-S, I've been using the OC Tuner that it supports. So far, all I've done is adjust the CPU frequency up to 260-something, then I changed a jumper on the board to O/C the FSB from 800 to 1066 and was able to bump up the frequency up to its current 334. 335 is where it breaks 3 ghz even, but it doesn't seem very stable and causes my PC to restart when under a heavy load.

I've read so many threads and articles and whatever else about how this is a pretty good processor to O/C to around 3.4-3.6 ghz and most of them say it's pretty easy. Many of them, in one way or another, change the vcore, and that is something that neither my bios, nor the OC Tuner, will allow me to do...it seems like it's on some kind of auto setting in the bios...SpeedStep, if I remember correctly.

I'd like to know what I can/should do, with the ability to change these settings: CPU Frequency, PCIe Frequency, CPU Ratio, DRAM voltage, NB voltage, VTT voltage, and +1.5. There are probably a few more things that I can change in the bios...can anybody could suggest any changes I should make?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :D
Thanks!

Sometimes asrock boards bios has a button combo that will unlock advanced settings, esp overclocking type things (such as vcore).
I have one that is ctrl-f2 or something like that.

I would research online or look VERY carefully in the manual in the bios section. I seem to remember a small note about the advanced settings, but it was definitely not prominent and easy to overlook.
gl

Mondoman

Splendid
Don't forget to test your system's stability by making sure you have no errors w/memtest86+ run O/N and with Orthos in "blend" mode or similar stress tester under Windows.