Sign in with
Your question

Intel RAID Matrix Setup

Last response: in Storage
June 21, 2009 1:44:33 PM

I have a primary 250 GB HD that my Vista OS is installed on. Additionally, I have two more 750 GB HD's configured in a RAID1 configuration, using the onboard Intel RAID Matrix chipset. How do I recover or reconnect my RAID 1 data in case I have to reformat and rebuild my primary HD and OS due to a HD failure or the need to format due to virus's etc.?
Thank you
a b G Storage
June 24, 2009 7:47:12 AM

Hi shazlett, the process is called rebuilding your RAID array. Your RAID controller software or BIOS should have an option for that. As always maintain up-to-date back-ups!

EDIT: Also, I suggest you read the RAID stickies on this section of the forum.
a b G Storage
June 24, 2009 9:30:42 AM

Quote:
How do I recover or reconnect my RAID 1 data in case I have to reformat and rebuild my primary HD and OS due to a HD failure or the need to format due to virus's etc.?

If I'm reading correctly and you meant reformatting the 250GB(OS/primary HDD) drive only while the 2x750GB RAID1 stays intact. If that's the case as soon as you install IntelĀ® Matrix Storage Manager (along with drivers) your RAID1 array will be recognised by Windows again.
a b G Storage
June 24, 2009 5:01:13 PM

You need to image your drive. Acronis true image can back up entire drives, specific folders. It works on 32 & 64 bit OS.

In case of HD crash you can rebuild your entire drive (i.e c:\) in ~ 20 minutes.

All of my pc / drives have image files. It gets updated 1x/per week at 2:00AM....
It allows me to go back on by dates.
!