shazlett

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2009
I have a primary 250 GB HD that my Vista OS is installed on. Additionally, I have two more 750 GB HD's configured in a RAID1 configuration, using the onboard Intel RAID Matrix chipset. How do I recover or reconnect my RAID 1 data in case I have to reformat and rebuild my primary HD and OS due to a HD failure or the need to format due to virus's etc.?
Thank you

r_manic

Administrator
Hi shazlett, the process is called rebuilding your RAID array. Your RAID controller software or BIOS should have an option for that. As always maintain up-to-date back-ups!

EDIT: Also, I suggest you read the RAID stickies on this section of the forum.

wuzy

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
How do I recover or reconnect my RAID 1 data in case I have to reformat and rebuild my primary HD and OS due to a HD failure or the need to format due to virus's etc.?
If I'm reading correctly and you meant reformatting the 250GB(OS/primary HDD) drive only while the 2x750GB RAID1 stays intact. If that's the case as soon as you install Intel® Matrix Storage Manager (along with drivers) your RAID1 array will be recognised by Windows again.

leon2006

Distinguished
You need to image your drive. Acronis true image can back up entire drives, specific folders. It works on 32 & 64 bit OS.

In case of HD crash you can rebuild your entire drive (i.e c:\) in ~ 20 minutes.

All of my pc / drives have image files. It gets updated 1x/per week at 2:00AM....
It allows me to go back on by dates.